Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Semaphore  
#1 Posted : 19 December 2012 01:46:12(UTC)
Semaphore

Hello all,

With Christmas around the corner and work slowing down a bit, I find myself more in the basement working on the layout.

Before I install the second level over my shadow yard, I want to make sure that everything works. So this brings me to my question:
I am using the ESU version of an s88 feedback module called ECOSDetector Standard connected to my ECOS 50200. I have it programmed so that when a track is occupied by a train (contact track) it will switch the turnout in the other direction so that no other train can enter the yard.

I am wondering if you can program the Detector in such a way that when the train leaves it automatically switches the turnout direction back into that track. Or should I make a second contact section, connected to a different port on the Detector to make this change?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!
Steven Delhaas
Best regards,
Steven
JE MAINTIENDRAI
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#2 Posted : 19 December 2012 01:53:04(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Semaphore Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

With Christmas around the corner and work slowing down a bit, I find myself more in the basement working on the layout.

Before I install the second level over my shadow yard, I want to make sure that everything works. So this brings me to my question:
I am using the ESU version of an s88 feedback module called ECOSDetector Standard connected to my ECOS 50200. I have it programmed so that when a track is occupied by a train (contact track) it will switch the turnout in the other direction so that no other train can enter the yard.

I am wondering if you can program the Detector in such a way that when the train leaves it automatically switches the turnout direction back into that track. Or should I make a second contact section, connected to a different port on the Detector to make this change?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!
Steven Delhaas

Hi,
I may be talking nonsense because not all my neurons are with me right nowCrying but don't you have to program the Ecos not the decoder? I would do it by setting a route in which when the same contact track you have now is empty (Constrains tab I think) switches the point to any way you like therefore making that route active.
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#3 Posted : 19 December 2012 02:00:16(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Just to make sure we are talking the same language. Contact or circuit track? They are different, with contact track I think I gave you the right info with circuit you'll need an extra one.