Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2012 09:43:43(UTC)
Goofy

Check at this!

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline petestra  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2012 12:17:16(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Thanks Anders. A really beautiful video of our Märklin city and area. PeterThumpUp
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2012 15:42:36(UTC)
Goofy

I think you can see Marklin company too next to forest in the centrum.
I suppose is Marklin&Co...?
H0
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 17 July 2012 16:02:37(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent, Goofy.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline ozzman  
#5 Posted : 18 July 2012 02:54:08(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
Many thanks Anders. It looks like a very nice place. I'd like to go there some day, but can't see it ever actually happening Crying
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline NS1200  
#6 Posted : 18 July 2012 06:54:58(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Nice clip,thanks!

I have been there once at the Maerklin days,years ago.
Located between Stuttgart and Munich,it was a long way by small car from Rotterdam,i will not do that again,next time it is going to be the ICE!

A nice peaceful German town,where you can grow old,i recon.
Goppingen station takes only local commuter trains,the station looks a bit neglected.
Whilst at the station,we saw ICE trains passing at considerable speed on the line to Ulm and Munich.
The famous Geislinger Steige,a rather steep and curved climb for the trains,is nearby.

Paul.

Edited by user 18 July 2012 20:28:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline jeehring  
#7 Posted : 19 July 2012 20:38:33(UTC)
jeehring

....probably next year or a little bit later I plan to spend 3 or 4 days in this area.. I have to choose the best moment to combine my interest in Marklin, enjoy the beauty and feel the atmosphere of the land....
there are direct fly from my place to Bale/Mulhouse airport....I wonder which is the best way without immediately renting a car to join Goppingen from this airport or from Colmar (France), the place in which I have some relatives (...to meet my Alsacian roots...Smile )..Still have time for preparing.
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 20 July 2012 09:45:48(UTC)
Goofy

Supporting by of this video you can also build up an layout a lá Göppingen in scale 1:87.

BigGrin
H0
Offline Western Pacific  
#9 Posted : 20 July 2012 13:21:38(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
....probably next year or a little bit later I plan to spend 3 or 4 days in this area.. I have to choose the best moment to combine my interest in Marklin, enjoy the beauty and feel the atmosphere of the land....
there are direct fly from my place to Bale/Mulhouse airport....I wonder which is the best way without immediately renting a car to join Goppingen from this airport or from Colmar (France), the place in which I have some relatives (...to meet my Alsacian roots...Smile )..Still have time for preparing.

Hi Roland,

According to www.viamichelin.com the distance from Colmar to Göppingen is 255 km and 225 of it on motorway (or freeway as my US born wife would say) and the driving time is given as 2h54. In other words a relatively short drive and in my mind the driving time could be shorter if you go at non-peak hours.

Next year in September could be a good time, since there will probably be Märklin Tage and perhaps also IMA - Internationale Modellbahn-Ausstellung in Göppingen.

An alternative could of course also be to go by train via Strasbourg and Stuttgart. That trip takes also about 3 hours according to DB's travel inquiry on the net and depending on time of day you could go by TGV from Strasbourg to Stuttgart.

Whether to rent a car or not is also dependent on if you want the fredom of driving around in Alsace and in Baden-Würtenberg and how comfortable you are with driving. For instance, in Waiblingen about half an hour's drive from Göppingen you'll find Eisenbahn Treffpunkt Schweickhardt a model train shop that I've been to when I've been in the area. Given that Göppingen and Waiblingen are in different valleys, you would drive across the mountains (low ones) by car, but going by train takes close to an hour and you have to change trains in Stuttgart.

(For me a rental car would be the choice, but on the other hand for the Märklin Tage and IMA in 2011 I drove from Stockholm (Sweden) to Stuttgart (close to 1650 km) with an overnight stop in Lübeck close to at the half-way point at about 900 km from Stockholm, so for me driving is something I enjoy and I had checked train connections and not found any good ones. Furthermore, driving was less costly than flying and renting a car).

Edited by user 20 July 2012 17:03:49(UTC)  | Reason: Typo