Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 29 October 2011 20:16:19(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I know this has been mentioned before but I cant seem to figure out how to add an s88 to a route to allow a loco to whistle etc when passing the s88 contact. (per latest CS2 update)
Step by step from the beginning would be great.
many thanks for any help.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2011 20:57:26(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
looks like nobody has uses the facility which I thought would have been good. Like most CS2 updates there are no instructions as to what is now available or how to do it.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Fredrik  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2011 21:49:55(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi David,

it's quite simple - yet I can't find no real use for it, as it'll always be the same loco which whistles when the route is activated - and it might actually be another one passing through...

But: When creating the route, just like if you were to include turnouts and/or signals, select the route to edit and instead of turning to keyboard/layout pages to set the accessory, turn to the control page and select the required function from the loco of your wish.

Then, at the bottom of the memory page, you may select/enter an S88-contact number which activates the route.

Off-course you can select several functions, from several locos if you wish but for myslef I can't find the need for this functionality at all.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2011 23:06:09(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Thanks Fredrik. Will give this a go but like you say may not be as good as I had thought.
Thanks again

dave
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2011 15:25:08(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Fredrick. Did as you say. Was able to get the whistle on the route list (two actually .. one in blue and one in yellow ?) s88 contact is No. 5 and on memory a box appears with 5 listed on it .. ticked as usual but the s88 does not appear on the route ?
When I select the route the turnouts turn and then the whistle blows but does not blow when passing the s88 contact?
It appears i am going wrong somewhere )possibly when selcting the route)
Can you help further.

Many thanks

David
Offline Fredrik  
#6 Posted : 01 November 2011 16:00:00(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
I usually don't use the routes at all - but I think you also need to activate the S88-feature at the right end of each row of routes (forgot that in previous post).
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline David Dewar  
#7 Posted : 01 November 2011 20:23:14(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Fredrik. Many thanks I had forgotten about the button at the end of the rows.
Everything now works fine and also I can use a whistle etc on my shuttles as well as routes.
Many thanks for your valuable help which is much appreciated.

dave