Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DV  
#101 Posted : 17 April 2012 07:53:06(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Nope, I'm a CS man through and throughBigGrin

Edited by user 12 August 2012 08:56:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline river6109  
#102 Posted : 17 April 2012 10:02:29(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post

Dusan,

I assume you've just bought your CS2 and hence the difficulties programming it.

All the locos Dale has received from me should be no problems programming it with the CS2.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline ac jacko  
#103 Posted : 17 April 2012 14:51:21(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Dusan, Dale

So what happened with the other locos, they were running before why the trouble this time ? or was it that bad, a night you like to forget.

John

John,

how the night transpired

Placed Leith's BR53 on the program track, asked what the address was and reply was 53. Tried to register the address (although as soon as I placed it on the program track the side lights came on) and thought it was done only to be proven wrong when placed on the running track.

Much talk, discussion, ideas bandied about and hard thinking led me to come up with the idea that maybe we might have to register the loco under DCC. Asked Leith's permission to do this, as I didn't want to screw up his loco. Permission granted.

I am not very experience in registering in DCC mode, as I had quite a few problems trying to register my ROCO V200's the previous week - they all had the regular address of 3 - eventually I got them registered but never worked out what the correct procedure was, I just kept hitting buttons until I got a result.

Sorry, I digress.

I tried the same method as the V200's and eventually I got a reply from the CS2 'would you like to upload address 54Confused Blink into the loco?'. I hit the tick, we tried the loco on the layout and voila it worked, smiles and high fives all around. I asked Dale/Leith 54???? Dale explaining that you advised him that Leith's would be 53.1, and since you can't have that address, it must be 54BigGrin

Then we tried Dale's loco, the 53. We all ready had it registered in the CS2 from previously, but when placed on track, no side lights and front lights when the light icon was pressed. Again, much teeth gnashing, discussions, hand wringing and again I came up with the idea of registering under DCC.

First we deleted the loco from the CS2, as Dale was worried that to many 53 address, no matter if they were Märklin or Ecos, might have an effect when registering in DCC mode.

Tried to register in DCC mode under address 53. This where it got confusing for me. I went through the usual process of registering on the CS2, ticking the decoder type as DCC then placing 53 as the address . I hit the light icon on the CS2 while on the program track. Nothing. I then went hit the CV button, which took me to the CV screen and found that the address shown was 3Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing . Clicked onto the address part, changed to 53, then wasn't to sure what to click next. I tried program button, no effect, then the read button, no effect. After that I tried any other button, procedure to change the address and got a continuous message 'information not uploaded into loco'

OK, delete loco from CS2 and tried the red 03. Went straight to DCC mode for address 3 only to find out that my ROCO V200 was all ready registered on that address. And both were working at the same time with a full complement of sound. Discussion, which loco do we delete, Dale said his, as mine was all ready registered.

OK, we would try to change the address for the 03. Delete the 03 from the CS2 and went through the same process as the 53, as explained above. Again couldn't get anything working and getting messages that information wouldn't upload. That's when finally decided, stuff this, it's time for a beer.

Before having the beer, came up with the idea, that like any computer, when you don't get the results you want while stuffing around, turn it off, wait awhile and start again.

Had our beer, more discussions, turned on the CS2 and this time we decided to register the locos, including the 50, under the Märklin decoder system. But, here's the rub, when we tried the 03, we somehow had changed the address from 3 to, if I remember correctly, to the last two digits of the running number of the loco when we were fiddling around in DCC mode. Go figure. We finally registered the 03, the 50 and the 53 under the Märklin system but only got four functions. Here's the odd thing, when placing on track the side lights came on, when hitting the light button, the front lights came on as well as the steam sound function.

So we decided that for the upcoming exhibition we would register the locos under Märklin and Dale would register them normally under his new ECos (which is coming).

We did find out one other problem, when registering Dale's 53, the front and side lights did not operate, but when placed into reverse, the back lights worked. Don't know if there was a loose wire (again)

Dale, would you agree that's what happened?

Sorry for the long explanation, but that's the order the events took place during the night.

I will be at the club again this Friday and I will take a video on the procedure that I do to register/change addresses in DCC mode on the CS2. I will then upload that on this site so that more experienced people who use CS2/ECos can critique and explain to me what I am doing wrong and what the correct procedure is. And we might have more luck in registering ECos type decoders on the CS2 for Dale.

Anyway, Leith's is registered in the club's CS2 and will be operating during the exhibition......yayBigGrin LOL ThumpUp

Yes a crazy night as I am total digi noob. The BR 53 (mine) front light and gear lights are a no go with the MS2 at home as well so this will again be heading west soon i presume. I will wait for the ECOS first and see what happens then but it is getting frustrating and I have not tried any others due to my blood pressure and my hunger for train action has dimished but I am hoping to get it again soon. Dusan I will be installing flue kit for the outdoor fire on Friday so a no go from me at the club I am afraid

Offline river6109  
#104 Posted : 17 April 2012 16:09:29(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Dale, does the loco work at all ? and how many sound functions can you activate ?

Sometimes it happens if you program it, something happens inside the decoder, no one knows what and the loco doesn't work for some reasons or another.
What is strange however, that the front light and the gearlights aren't working, they are not connected to each other as the run off a different function outlet.
the headlights (led) I have pressed the led firmly into the socket, whether or not it has come loose again, (I hope not) but the gearlight is a bit of a mystery again.
If it has been re-programmed, I doubt it but will see.
Did the front light and gearlight worked at all when you've received it ? because I've tested all the locos before they left, so if something happened in the transit, it may had been dropped but because the parcel was well packed, there may not have beeen any sign of damage outside or inside, the led may have come loose but we will see and my speculations are only assumptions and this leaves me a bit with a bitter taste, the finger is directed at me. (loose wire) (again)
Now concerning the other locos what is happening with them ? are they working, are the steamfunctions ok ?
I think I've explained when I inserted the gearligthts for the BR 53 the support arms for the gear assembly which is secured by a screw in the middle of the frame by adding a gearlight to it, the gearlight assembly has to raised to be free from interference from the wheels and I inserted a small tube but the tube diameter wasn't big enough to hold the supporting arms firm in place, at the time they were but I've replaced them with a bigger diameter tube and by screwing the gearlight assembly onto the tube, there is enough pressure, the support arms will not move again.
As you know, I do take great care and the time it takes to convert them and install all the bits and pieces has to be precision work and its not for the faint hearted.
To be quite honest, I don't know whether or not it affects a loco with 2 of the same addresses, I don't know what Dusan has or has not tried and we are all in the same boat we make mistakes from time to time and I have been lucky some of the mistakes I've made in the past, e.g. connecting leds' without a resistor.

John

Offline DV  
#105 Posted : 18 April 2012 06:52:42(UTC)
DV

Australia   

Dusan,

I assume you've just bought your CS2 and hence the difficulties programming it.

All the locos Dale has received from me should be no problems programming it with the CS2.

John

John,

I've had the CS2 (60215) since last September (and had the CS2 60214 previously), and I'm fairly conversant in how to register Märklin type decoders, register points and other procedures dealing with Märklin products - although a couple of weeks ago I did learn from BDNZ that you can register MFX locos on the layout for the first time and you don't have to use the program trackThumpUp . But I did find out recently through trail and error that if you delete a MFX loco off the CS2 the only way you can get it back is not through the program track, but just by placing it on the running track, and it has to be the lone loco on the track (in my experience). It is done while in the control window and appears in its' correct name but a totally different icon - which then you can then edit.

It's just that I'm now learning how to register in DCC mode since I purchased three ROCO locos in the past two months. I'm not much of a read the instructions type person (since the instructions for DCC are pretty pwCursing ), I'm more of the show me how it's doneBigGrin.

But I'm happy to tackle Dale's locos again..........if he lets meSmile

I have learnt through initially reading the instructions and watching videos that on the CS2 you can register locos in four different procedures:-

1. MFX - which to my knowledge is automatic. The CS2 senses the engine and registers it.

2 Through the data base that is in CS2 originally and through upgrades.

3. Manually by actually typing in the address.

4. By DCC

I've pretty much learnt most of the screens in the first three methods, and how to navigate around them, although I haven't as yet tried to change the address of a Märklin model through the CV button - that's comingSmile

It is just very frustrating when you are not to sure what you are doing and the address in DCC mode will not be accepted - or so I beleive. Of course there is the added worry that you might stuff the decoder up as well.Blushing Blink Confused

As far as programming Dale's locos through the third method (manually) with provided address, we did do that for the 03, 50 and 53 and as I explained previously, they ran but only four functions were showing on the control window.

When we did Leith's 53 through the third method, we of course stuffed it up because we used the wrong address and then we jumped straight to the DCC method and had success............finallyThumpUp

Sorry for the long post, just thought I had to explain my self in detail.
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#106 Posted : 18 April 2012 07:24:04(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Dale, does the loco work at all ? and how many sound functions can you activate ?
John

John,

we placed the loco on the layout as we had it registered through the Märklin style decoder system originally. We pressed the light icon and nothing came on. I operated the speed button to get it moving, and it wouldn't move. No one thought of putting it in reverse. We were still discussing how we got Leith's 53 finally registered for us to actually think clearly.

We then took the loco off and I deleted its' address from the CS2.

We then placed it on the programming track and went through the manual procedure via DCC to try and register the loco, by typing in the address - 53.

We then placed it on the layout and hit the light icon and nothing happened. I moved the speed button, still nothing.

We then placed it back on the program track, hit the spanner icon to get to the detail window then hit the CV icon to get to the CV window.

On the CV window it showed the address as 3Confused First comment was what the f...?

I then pressed the area where the 3 address was and placed 53 in there.

This is where it get's very hairy. I pressed the prog button, then the read button then ticked it.

Placed it on the layout and again nothing, no light, no movement.

Then we tried the 03. Not much satisfaction there either through the DCC procedure.

Then we deleted (again) the 53 from the CS2, turned it off and had a beerThumpUp

Waited until we finished our beer, turned the CS2, placed the loco on the programming track and went through the procedure of registering the 53 through the manual Märklin style system.

We then placed it on the layout, again no lights. Then Leith had this bright idea, put the loco in reverse. We did and the back lights came and when I turned the speed nob it moved, but no sound. I then put it in forward motion and it moved forward. No sound and lights.

We then tried the other locos and as I informed you on the previous post, we got them going, sound, lights, forwards, backwards but the CS2 showed only four functions.

That's all she wrote......that was the procedure we used.

Märklin moves in mysterious waysScared Cursing Blink LOL

This most probably hasn't helped you at all.

If there is someone out there that knows how to register in DCC mode on CS2.........HELPScared Scared Scared Scared

Dusan V
Offline river6109  
#107 Posted : 18 April 2012 13:55:41(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Dusan,

What you have written suggests to me, the RailComPlus system has deactivated or the DCC system has altered something in the decoder.
I'm as much as a novice as you are when it comes to understand what is what.

The loco is registered under the RailComPlus system hence you get the number 3 but the loco registerd number is 53,
number one I don't understand und I dont mind what goes on behind the scene so long the locos responds to number 53.
As I said I had a familiar case with one of my locos and suddenly the lcoco did'nt move at all, again the number 3 came up but I knew it was registered as an other number and I can't remember exactly what I did to get it going again. I think I've reversed it to the factory setting and started fresh and it worked again.
If you have no respond from the front light or the gearliight one can assume there is something wrong with these functions but as you further explained there is no sound either, this doesn't match the other non responsive functions.
There are 2 ways this can be resolved, as Dale suggested the loco comes back here or Dale waits until his ECoS arrives and he can re-program the loco himself.
One point is however if we assume there is something not right sending the loco back for a checkup would eliminate further postage costs.
Dale and others have to understand, the digital world we have decided to enter into it, is not something we will be able to understand, minipulate or fix at a given moment and it will take time and practice to get to know the system, so it will be a learning curve, whether you like it or not.
Back to the BR 53, I'm confident somehing has changed the decoder settings and why the loco goes backwards with its lights on is something of a relieve the loco is still working.
Having 4 problems at the same time is also very rare, no forward movement, no front lights, no gearlight and no sound.
If I understand it right if there is a wire loose or has come apart from the forward motor connection you wouldn't be able to go backwards either. It tells me, there are some irregularities which do not match up.

I don' t want to enter into the discussion what or what did not happen on the night in question and on the same token, I would prefer any blame, if any, is not suggested or hastly directed at me, at this point in time.

As far as I was aware, there was no mentioning of the locos will be controlled via a CS2 and if this would have been the case, I would have turned off the RailComPlus system.

Dusan, I can assure you my work is fully guaranteed and is performed with proper tools and care at all times, however some of my conversions are a "first time" attempt, e.g. Leith gearlights for example where as Dale's gearlights are a different structure and construction.
The same goes for the firebox, one wrong move with a drill bit and I could finish up with a scar on the boiler.
So there are certain risk factors I do enter into it and especially with Leith loco being grey, not an easy part to replace at any given time.

Another point I like to make, some of the locos I've received from Dale had been interfered with or had their running time extended bejond the point of a faultless operation, with other words, my work did not include any other work but at the same time it doesn't make sense converting a loco and it doesn't run properly and this was spoken about and resolved privately.

All in all my work does include areas, especially having or finding room for added parts such as loudspeakers, adapterplates, sound decoders, gearlights and extra wires, which there was no space in the first place, provided for.

regards.,

John
Offline DV  
#108 Posted : 18 April 2012 14:38:49(UTC)
DV

Australia   
John,

I am not blaming you, and I think Dale will back me up on this, for the problems I wrote.

What I was trying to convey more than anything is the frustration we felt in trying to get the locos working with all functions. And we did have great success with Leith's.

Bottom line, if we could get Leith's working why couldn't we get the others working????? Not your fault John that we couldn't. It was our lack of experience and knowledge in setting up locos in DCC mode that caused that. As I said previously, we did get the locos working in Märklin mode. And we did have some sound functions. As a matter of fact the 50 was beautifully loud.

We did eventually get Dale's 53 moving forward (in Märklin mode, but no lights or sound), and it did a full lap.

That's why there is a scream for help from me in finding knowledge to register in DCC mode.

Once I am confident that I can accomplish this task successfully I will be send you my 53ThumpUp

Keep up the good work.
Dusan V
Offline H0  
#109 Posted : 18 April 2012 16:51:33(UTC)
H0

There's neither RailCom nor RailComPlus with CS2. DCC locos must be registered manually.

Having DCC and MM locos with the same address registered on the CS2 can lead to problems (if locos listen to both MM and DCC address), so better avoid this.
There are 10239 addresses to chose from ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline witzlerh  
#110 Posted : 18 April 2012 16:51:48(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Twice a year in Alberta, we have a train show.BigGrin I would borrow my dad's CS2 (I only have a CS1 unloaded) and set up the layouts.
I will bring with me a list of all the loks with addresses.

DCC requires that an address get loaded in. fx also needs the address loaded in but we are spoiled when we load in the lok from the database. However, sometimes some brings a lok where the address is changed....Cursing

As it is a show, I insisted that those who gave me a list of loks, even if they say it is mfx helps, I will run them first.

Twice we has address conflicts and had to change one of them.

If you have fx or DCC or even worse DELTA and you do not know the address, it is tedious to find them. There was a couple loks where I refused to run as we did not know the address and the owner was willing to do a decoder reset. I said not at the show.
I made the mistake once when doing a reset and all the fx decoders on my layout reset and resulted in lok confusion. It took a couple hours to sort that one out.

Insist that anyone bringing their loks to a meet or show must have a list with addresses. Sometimes we can find the conflict before the loks goes on and fix it.

Also, I am guessing that mfx has the ability to address hop at the time of registering. So I am wondering if you have an mfx with the default address already loaded in and you load in a DCC with the same address, I wonder if one just takes the mfx off, loads the DCC and places the mfx on to reregister and it will assign itself a different address?

Lists help!
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline H0  
#111 Posted : 18 April 2012 17:00:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: witzlerh Go to Quoted Post
Also, I am guessing that mfx has the ability to address hop at the time of registering. So I am wondering if you have an mfx with the default address already loaded in and you load in a DCC with the same address, I wonder if one just takes the mfx off, loads the DCC and places the mfx on to reregister and it will assign itself a different address?
mfx locos are assigned an individual address by the controller.
New controller => new registration => (probably) new address.
mfx locos will ignore MM commands if mfx is on the track.
Therefore there should be no problems.

So theoretically you can have an MM only loco with address 3, an DCC only loco with address 3, and an mfx loco with MM address 3 - and all will function without problems.
Locos with ESU decoders normally support MM and DCC, so they cannot be used in such an address sharing setup.

Can't hurt to have an MS2 around at exhibitions/club meetings just to change the address of locos.
If you don't know the address of DCC or programmable MM decoders, just set a new address with the MS2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline river6109  
#112 Posted : 18 April 2012 18:23:54(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
There's neither RailCom nor RailComPlus with CS2. DCC locos must be registered manually.

Having DCC and MM locos with the same address registered on the CS2 can lead to problems (if locos listen to both MM and DCC address), so better avoid this.
There are 10239 addresses to chose from ...

Tom.
The ESU decoders had been set with RailComPlus

You've mentioned locos listening to both MM & DCC can lead to problems any idea what type of problem ? and it looks like, there have been 2 locos with the same adress on the layout at the time.

I hope we get to the bottom of this.

Dusan this gives me a peace of mind

John
Offline H0  
#113 Posted : 18 April 2012 20:36:24(UTC)
H0

You've mentioned locos listening to both MM & DCC can lead to problems any idea what type of problem?
For the controller, MM 3 and DCC 3 are different locos. So it may send speed step 0 and lights off to MM 3 and speed step 20 and lights on to DCC 3.
The loco receives and obeys both protocols => flickering lights and jerky movement.

The ESU decoders had been set with RailComPlus
Locos register with RailComPlus automatically - provided the controller supports RailComPlus. The CS2 does not, therefore the loco must be registered manually.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline DV  
#114 Posted : 19 April 2012 00:40:05(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Wow, what a lot of informationBlink Blink Blink Blink Blink

This is going to take me sometime to digest and experiment.

Many thanks everyone and especially Tom (HO)

As they say, back to the drawing board.

Good thing I'm back at the club rooms Friday.

Might have to reload the club CS2 all over again, but properly now

I will be back after experimentation.

Again many thanks
Dusan V
Offline ac jacko  
#115 Posted : 21 April 2012 02:15:32(UTC)
ac jacko

Again many thanks

Dusan how did it go at the club ?

Also has the CS2 been updated at all ?

I have not tried any other lcoco here as yet so will bring them next friday at the club for another go

cheers
Offline ac jacko  
#116 Posted : 21 April 2012 02:20:51(UTC)
ac jacko

John,

I am not blaming you, and I think Dale will back me up on this, for the problems I wrote.

What I was trying to convey more than anything is the frustration we felt in trying to get the locos working with all functions. And we did have great success with Leith's.

Bottom line, if we could get Leith's working why couldn't we get the others working????? Not your fault John that we couldn't. It was our lack of experience and knowledge in setting up locos in DCC mode that caused that. As I said previously, we did get the locos working in Märklin mode. And we did have some sound functions. As a matter of fact the 50 was beautifully loud.

We did eventually get Dale's 53 moving forward (in Märklin mode, but no lights or sound), and it did a full lap.

That's why there is a scream for help from me in finding knowledge to register in DCC mode.

Once I am confident that I can accomplish this task successfully I will be send you my 53ThumpUp

Keep up the good work.

John this haver entered dicussion of blame. The level is frustration of registioned ing DDC products and the forum would not be the place anway. As Dusan has mentioned I am more than happy but being a ditial noob this is all a new game.
Offline DV  
#117 Posted : 21 April 2012 05:06:44(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: ac jacko Go to Quoted Post

Again many thanks

Dusan how did it go at the club ?

Also has the CS2 been updated at all ?

I have not tried any other lcoco here as yet so will bring them next friday at the club for another go

cheers

Dale,

it went great at the club, a great turnout......one, and the time was enjoyed by allLaugh LOL BigGrin

Yes, the CS2 has the latest updates through the usb stick method.

Next Friday, will it be during the day, late afternoon or night?
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#118 Posted : 21 April 2012 05:10:53(UTC)
DV

Australia   
John,

Keep up the good work.

John this haver entered dicussion of blame. The level is frustration of registioned ing DDC products and the forum would not be the place anway. As Dusan has mentioned I am more than happy but being a ditial noob this is all a new game.

Dale, my man, you gotta stop using RAAF type language, for us outsiders it's too hard to understand.LOL Laugh BigGrin Flapper
Dusan V
Offline nevw  
#119 Posted : 21 April 2012 05:40:07(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
John,

Dale, my man, you gotta stop using RAAF type language, for us outsiders it's too hard to understand.LOL Laugh BigGrin Flapper

Cannot see any thing wrong with the Language. Perfectly clear. He means that he is a Digital Dunce
Nev
ex leading Aircommodore (Retired) Acting unpaid Corporal.

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline mvd71  
#120 Posted : 21 April 2012 07:32:05(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Gee Nev, you just had to go and pull rank! BigGrin
Offline nevw  
#121 Posted : 21 April 2012 08:09:39(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thats Ok Son , used to be in the ranks meself.

OGN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline ac jacko  
#122 Posted : 23 April 2012 11:38:29(UTC)
ac jacko

Dusan I noticed on your lastest vids that some scenary has changed with the layout with mountain being installed and also the brewary works has changed. Looking very cool and see you on Friday for more ballasting ;)
Offline ac jacko  
#123 Posted : 14 May 2012 12:14:07(UTC)
ac jacko

Well loaded my Br18 on the layout yesterday with DCC setup and worked like a treat. Still unsure of the digital address change but this is one small step anyways Cool and will look at digital address change. The CS2 booklet is very lacking on this explaination

Dusan took some good vids as had Tony Lee from down south at narracourte attend the AGM with some lovely carrigaes running so hoping Speilberg will post soon BigGrin
Offline DV  
#124 Posted : 17 May 2012 06:30:29(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Speilberg hereFlapper

Well after these three videos I won't even rate as a noviceMad

We had our AGM last Sunday and after a quick meeting decided to do some running, especially since Tony (Snafu) was up from the country (Naracoorte).

But first we had to give the TGV a run.

Our ex-pres acquired it recently and at last month's Friday night meeting gave it a run only for it to poop itself and crawl along.

He found out that the connecting rod from the motor to the gear (hope I explained that correctly) was never secured properly at the factory.

So here it is in all its' ten car glory and Dale being the engine driver and sound mechanic.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed that the sound module was in the first car (not like the ICE 3 which is in the BORD car), but I suppose that's the only place they could put it with the drive mechanism they used.

Then it was Tony's turn.

he purchased a Piko BR55 and wanted to give it a bit of a longer run, and, I have to admit, it ran very well.

Then it was the turn of the Delta BR18 Olympic model (now with its' third master)

Tony also ran his older era coaches and again the whole train looked quite good.

As I said, the filming wasn't to good, I kept bumping into walls and snagging my clothing on treesCursing

Next lot should come from the AMRE Exhibition, and there should be quite a few.

Until then, hasta la vistaLOL

Dusan V
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline Ian555  
#125 Posted : 17 May 2012 07:22:56(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Enjoyed watching the 3 video's.

The BR18 is a grand looking Loco. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline SNAFU  
#126 Posted : 17 May 2012 07:29:52(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Thanks for the vid Spielberg.

That sharp scraping pitch on the BR 18.1 is/was the rear wheel set on the last bogie on the tender.
When Dale handed to me I noticed the that wheel was stiff and not turning, Dale then managed to free it a bit.

When I got home the next day I put her on the track and she had seized again making that screeching sound again. I had a look and managed to free it up again although a little stiff still, put a drop or two of oil on the wheel shaft and got it spinning real good again. But on closer inspection I suspect I noticed that it must have been seized for a very long time because the wheels have been worn flat so now it runs like a square tyre sort of. Needless to say... no screeching sound but lots of thuds now, a bit like a centipede with a wooden leg at the back.
So I need to work out how to get the wheels off the tender and find a replacement.

I am still happy to have it in my possesion and I hope to be its last owner for a very long timeBigGrin

See you all at the exhibition June long w/end.
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
Offline ac jacko  
#127 Posted : 17 May 2012 11:55:39(UTC)
ac jacko

Sorry to hear about that Tony Blink The loco has only been run on the club layout a few times and straight back into the box. Suggest an e-mail to Dusan who can contact Curt to have a look at it on AMRE weekend as he has more spares than marklin itself BigGrin

As or Speilberg filiming suggest when club layout back in the club house we move it a bit further away from the wall too Cool

cheers
Offline river6109  
#128 Posted : 17 May 2012 14:02:33(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Dale,

Your locos, it doesn't look like it they'll be ready for your next meeting.
Haven't had any reply fromm the sender as yet.
Why does it have to be me.

I'm getting really annoyed with DHL (Deutsche Post)

regards.,

John
Offline steventrain  
#129 Posted : 17 May 2012 14:40:00(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent video, Dusan.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline ac jacko  
#130 Posted : 12 August 2012 04:37:43(UTC)
ac jacko

Dusan any updates on videos ?
Offline DV  
#131 Posted : 12 August 2012 08:52:56(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Quiet night last Friday, only four members rolled up, but did manage to run a few trains.

First up, the latest BR50, 37810, pulling a rake of Roco mineral wagons.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The BR50 is a true beauty. The sound functions are great, and the loudness of the whistle is absolutely delightful (as I'm sure you heard)ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp I did fit a Seuthe steam generator and, as can be seen, the loco smoked magnificently (especially in the video with the camera behind the loco). The loco will make a good partner with BR50 (cabin tender) which John is converting.

Next came a cheap made up set. An analogue V200 (third version I believe - 1963-1966 maybe) pulling some Lima, Trix and Piko carriages.

The V200 027 - notice it has DB on the front and side.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Lima beer wagon (fantasy I would suggest as I don't think there is a Staufen Bräu brewery in Göppingen.......or is thereConfused Confused Confused Confused)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Early Trix beer wagon, stamped metal.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Early Piko (DR)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The total cost of that consist - $A65.

The V200, including a new reversing spring, new shoe, new light bulbs - $A40. You can work out what the rest cost.

The Lima wagons are all plastic, even got Märklin wheels (thrown in for free) to replace the plastic Lima ones, and the wagons ran well, although they are very light. Will put some weights in them.

The Trix beer wagon is stamped metal, what year I have no idea. Replaced the wheels as well (but kept the original Trix wheels). Really in quite good condition.

The Piko would be from the old DDR (East Germany) days

Finally took some videos of from the BR50

First from behind

Then what the passengers would see.

The drive videos are not the best but you get a general idea what the layout looks like.

And as usual (with my videoing skills) accidents do happen. First , because the BR50 was going so slow, it stopped a few times and needed a 'hand shunt' and I forgot that the camera would hit the platform roof......DohCursing RollEyes Scared Blushing

Enjoy, until the next meeting.....who knows what will appearBigGrin

Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline ac jacko  
#132 Posted : 13 August 2012 11:41:16(UTC)
ac jacko

Excellent Dusan aka Spielberg BigGrin
Offline steventrain  
#133 Posted : 13 August 2012 13:49:26(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent video.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Ian555  
#134 Posted : 14 August 2012 07:13:18(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Very good. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline ac jacko  
#135 Posted : 22 November 2012 00:23:00(UTC)
ac jacko

Dusan where pictures of the thrid line being put in to the layout ? Cool
Offline DV  
#136 Posted : 28 November 2012 01:29:19(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Well it's that time of year coming up again.....Christmas!

Trying to organise a special Christmas club day/night is usually impossible in December (especially with our limited membershipBigGrin )

So this year we decided to make the last meeting in November to be our official Christmas Meeting.

Trains were run.

Lots of talk, and not just Märklin, but the world in general (in fact a greatConfused Confused Confused story from one of our members (Ralph) who works for Virgin Australia cleaning planes. One of their toilets was so blocked up that eventually they had to send an engineer in dressed in a Hazmat suitScared to plan the extraction of the whole toiletLOL LOL )

A nice BBQ and then more talk and train running.

Being the chef and organisor did not give me time to take many videos, but I did manage four.

Bob's new 'Lollo', with a rake of coal wagonsConfused

Helmut's early ICE 2

and a couple from another member, who I can't rememberBigGrin

A BR 23 pulling some old style passenger coaches

And finally the Seetal Krokdil pulling a special never seen before cement wagon. The wagon was originally proposed as one off by Märklin back in
2006, but never produced. But one of our members had a lot of spare bits and pieces of the original two dome concrete wagons and created the four dome after reading about in the 2006 Märklin Magazine.
Not badThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline SNAFU  
#137 Posted : 28 November 2012 09:06:49(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Hi Fellow Club members

The Hi speed outer line looks good. Some good work is being done.
I hope to try and get up before AMRE and see you all.
See you all later
Regards
Tony
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#138 Posted : 28 November 2012 09:11:48(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Dusan, Dale and others,

Great running, and the BBQ smells delicious.
Thanks for sharing.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline DV  
#139 Posted : 28 November 2012 09:46:14(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Thanks fellas.

I just had a chance to look at the videos through the post and to say that they are CRAPCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing is an understatement.

I can't work out what I did wrongCursing Cursing

Even when I right click the hosted by youtube is greyed outCursing Cursing Cursing

I'll try just putting the youtube address and see how that looks like

Dusan V
Offline kimballthurlow  
#140 Posted : 28 November 2012 10:04:02(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Dusan,
The videos seemed OK to me. Same standard as other times.
At least you follow the trains, which I find fascinating.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline DV  
#141 Posted : 28 November 2012 11:15:41(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Kimball,

I've compared previous videos to these and these have come through very blurred.

Oh, well. I'll look into tomorrow.
Dusan V
Offline Ian555  
#142 Posted : 28 November 2012 14:57:14(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Enjoyed watching your video's. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Was Santa good to you......Smile

Ian.

Offline DV  
#143 Posted : 28 November 2012 22:23:05(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post

Was Santa good to you......Smile

Ian.

Yes he was for the whole of 2012

If and when I can get my s**t together I will try and post on the 'Show us your locos page' all the engines I got this year. And, yes, I will try to do this before 2012 endsBigGrin
Dusan V
Offline H0  
#144 Posted : 28 November 2012 23:11:15(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Thanks for the videos. HD versions (1080p) available, but youtube starts with just 240p, but resolution can be changed.
Helmut's early ICE 2 [...]
And finally the Seetal Krokdil pulling a special never seen before cement wagon.
It's an ICE 1 (two powered units and restaurant with a raised roof) and a brown coal dust car (not cement).
Well, ICEs all look the same and dust is dust.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline DV  
#145 Posted : 29 November 2012 03:56:44(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Thanks for the videos. HD versions (1080p) available, but youtube starts with just 240p, but resolution can be changed.
Helmut's early ICE 2 [...]
And finally the Seetal Krokdil pulling a special never seen before cement wagon.
It's an ICE 1 (two powered units and restaurant with a raised roof) and a brown coal dust car (not cement).
Well, ICEs all look the same and dust is dust.

I knew if I put some question mark smileys I would get the correct description.BigGrin Smile

Many thanks TomThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Much appreciated, keep up the good workThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#146 Posted : 04 December 2012 00:00:45(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Now here's a mysteryConfused Confused Confused Confused Confused

I just viewed the last four videos through my work computer and they look just fine.Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Yet when I looked at them originally through my home computer the videos were semi blurredConfused Confused Confused Confused

And when I looked at the videos via youtube on the work computer, they also looked fine, but yet on home computer blurredConfused Confused Confused Confused

I have a 24" screen at home and 20" at work, that shouldn't cause problems, should itConfused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Oh well, as long as the videos come across clear to the forum populace, I'm happyBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

One more meeting Friday night 14/12/2012, and hopefully more videos to follow (if we can work out where the short in the layout isCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing )
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#147 Posted : 15 December 2012 02:35:47(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Well the Club had its last Friday night meeting for 2012.

Not many there, just the faithful..............Helmut, Peter, Allan and myself, a great collection of SOF's BigGrin Flapper Laugh LOL plus the youngster, PeteCool ThumpUp ThumpUp .

Some of the members aren't too 'cluey' with digital so the old club layout is used in analogue form.

Here we have and old V200 and the green E63. The '63' has to divert to the station platform as it hits the pedestrian bridgeScared Cursing ........another reason to totally retire the layout and start a new oneThumpUp

You can also see that someone was in the process of fixing/cleaning a V200Confused BigGrin Blink Laugh

Next we go to the 'Modular' where Helmut's old reliable GN800 (BR 44) is pulling a rake of...........beer wagons, of courseThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
The GN800 is digitized, has sound (as can be just heard) and telex coupling.

We go again with Helmut, this time with the V36 (BR236) Doppel pulling a conglomeration of four and six wheel passenger carriages

Allan finally gets to see his beloved TGV full complement running. That was at full speedConfused Confused Confused Confused Confused, not very fast and so very disappointing. If you see a slight hesitation as it enters and leaves the bridge section, it's due to joining very old M bridges and C track....they need lots of cleaning and are only temporaryBigGrin

Then it was my turnBigGrin

First the BR03 from the Mega Set 29640 (no, I didn't get it, just purchased the 03 with the passengers carraiges from Meises Modellbahncenter)

Next the BR143 but with a six car complement, not the usual four.

And lastly, the BR23 (39232) again, but with a string of 'thunder boxes'

EnjoyBigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp

Might be one more run left before the year endsWoot Woot LOL Flapper Love
Dusan V
Offline Ian555  
#148 Posted : 15 December 2012 14:27:07(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Enjoyed watching the video's. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline ac jacko  
#149 Posted : 19 December 2012 11:50:51(UTC)
ac jacko

Hey Dusan the videos looked great mate and love the third line. See we told ya it would b easy Flapper
Offline DV  
#150 Posted : 22 December 2012 06:32:32(UTC)
DV

Australia   
As the year draws to a close, one final run before the bad weather (36C to 44C) settles in and the club rooms turn into a hot houseBlink Cool Scared

Since it's Christmas let's start with my first train set, the ever popular (well it was back in 1957) 3103 (the best Christmas I ever had as a kidLove as I also got the metal station - KibriConfused I think, a blue transformer and a very large Lego toy boxWoot , all under a real fir treeThumpUp with baubles and candles, in Ludwigsburg), with the the FM800 BR24 (as depicted on the loco's side), two passenger carriages and on baggage van. She's still going strong and will remain analogue until the day I die.ThumpUp

You might notice that the baggage wagon has a dirty white cupalo. I lost the original plastic part in my early teenage years and fashioned one out of plasticine....and it's been there ever since (I have got more baggage cars of that vintage as replacements BUT this a nostalgia videoWub Love)

The loco has been dropped, treated roughly, had many an accident (non-preventable and planned) while travelling the rails and in my earlier years definatley not treated with TLCBlushing BUT she is still chuffing along with her very bright front lightsThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Next comes the BR120, 33532 with a painting by the Dutch painter Teun Hocks represented on its' sides.

This is followed by 3106, BR78, which I purchased in Berlin in 2008, with a digital chip installed (8 dip switches)

The Feuerwehr Set 29750 with additional wagons and the fire crane (46716) set

The 750 Jahre Berlin Set 3100 with first the Grey BR E04 representing AEG

The Grey BR03 representing Borsig

Finally the Grey BR86 representing Schwartzkopf. All three are fitted with the Uhlenbrok ADI 75000 chip

A double header follows, green BR E60 Delta 34561 and red BR E60 digital 37562. Pulling a long transformer consist.

Finally the 2859 Delta Set of the BR111 with the four trial colour passenger wagons

And to finish off, some shots of the station,

s1

s2

s3

s4

s5

s6

s7

and the 2859 set

e1

e2

c1

c2

c3

c4

c5

c6

c7

Well that's it for 2012.

As I always say, may Father Christmas bring you all that you wish forThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp .............................................and if he doesn't, go and buy it yourselfFlapper Flapper Flapper ...........................if you can afford it that isConfused Confused BigGrin LOL Cool Smile ThumpUp Tongue Woot

Merry Christmas to all and a Joyous New Year
ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V