Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gregzim  
#1 Posted : 24 April 2011 14:50:39(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi. I am connecting a layout for PC control. I need to have a "complete" answer on exactly how to treat C track in say a 7 piece section of block for occupancy management with 3 sensors over the 7 piece block (one in the middle and one each end for stopping)

Would someone out there running PC control on C track please check or correct the following assumption please?

1. 7 pieces of C track make up a block.

2. I cut ALL the metal connection strips that bridge between the 2 outside rails underneath the C track to 'isolate' one rail as the connector rail.

3. At 'each end' of the 7 piece section of track - I put the red isolator sleeves over the connection rails' track to track connectors (this is to isolate this block from the next block for just the conector rail?)

4. I LEAVE the middle rail and other outside rail - fully connected along the track of the lay out.(not worrying here about booster isolating)

5. I connect 3 S88 connection wires to the 7 piece section of track - 1 in the middle and 1 each end as 'stopping' sensors.

6. SO - question - HOW do I isolate each of the end stopping sections from the middle section of the block? (I asusme red isolating sleeves?)

Please say either yes or no against each statement and if no - please correct for me thanks. If I have missed something entirely - please add as a further number thanks.

I am using "16 connetion" decoders with built in diodes (diode trick process)

Rgds Greg
Offline kbvrod  
#2 Posted : 24 April 2011 19:37:51(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Greg,all,

>1. 7 pieces of C track make up a block.<
Yes and no.Yes,if your longest train fits in that length of track.No,if it does not.

>2. I cut ALL the metal connection strips that bridge between the 2 outside rails underneath the C track to 'isolate' one rail as the connector rail.<
No,only one of the rails needs to be isolated

>3. At 'each end' of the 7 piece section of track - I put the red isolator sleeves over the connection rails' track to track connectors (this is to isolate this block from the next block for just the conector rail?)<
Not sure what you meanConfused ,the whole block can be isolated and there for used as track occupancy detection.

>4. I LEAVE the middle rail and other outside rail - fully connected along the track of the lay out.(not worrying here about booster isolating)<
If you have or planning to have booster(s),you have to isolate the 3rd rail.

>5. I connect 3 S88 connection wires to the 7 piece section of track - 1 in the middle and 1 each end as 'stopping' sensors.<
?What software are you using?

>6. SO - question - HOW do I isolate each of the end stopping sections from the middle section of the block? (I asusme red isolating sleeves?)
That is one way.

Dr D
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2011 20:01:30(UTC)
H0

Hi, Greg, Kevin, all,
Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post

>2. I cut ALL the metal connection strips that bridge between the 2 outside rails underneath the C track to 'isolate' one rail as the connector rail.<

The answer is YES: to fully separate the two outer rails, all bridges (two per piece of track) must be cut.
You need one red sleeve at the beginning, one red sleeve at the end of the contact track (both at the same outer rail).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kbvrod  
#4 Posted : 24 April 2011 20:25:12(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Tom,all,
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Greg, Kevin, all,

The answer is YES: to fully separate the two outer rails, all bridges (two per piece of track) must be cut.
You need one red sleeve at the beginning, one red sleeve at the end of the contact track (both at the same outer rail).

Thanks,I am not familiar with C,....Blushing
Why are both rails connected like that? Electrical reliability?

Dr Dirt (Knowledge is good.)
Offline dntower85  
#5 Posted : 25 April 2011 17:32:09(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Yesterday I experimented with an old peace of C-track. I took a cut off wheel and cut the rail, I wanted to see if I could make isolated track section similar to the way Dale Schultz makes feed back sections in K-track. The rail will stay in-place after it is cut.
Soon I will try to connect a wire to the isolated rail, this could be difficult do to the stainless steel rail and it can't be solder with normal solder. I may see if I can slip a modified rail joiner on it some how. Or I may slide a peace of thin metal under the rail between the sleepers.

It is the hard way to make a contact point, but I'm trying avoid pulling up blasted track.

DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline kbvrod  
#6 Posted : 25 April 2011 20:11:23(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi DT,all,

Originally Posted by: dntower85 Go to Quoted Post
Yesterday I experimented with an old peace of C-track. I took a cut off wheel and cut the rail, I wanted to see if I could make isolated track section similar to the way Dale Schultz makes feed back sections in K-track. The rail will stay in-place after it is cut.
Soon I will try to connect a wire to the isolated rail, this could be difficult do to the stainless steel rail and it can't be solder with normal solder. I may see if I can slip a modified rail joiner on it some how. Or I may slide a peace of thin metal under the rail between the sleepers.It is the hard way to make a contact point, but I'm trying avoid pulling up blasted track.

I don't think that's going to work,...

Dr D
Offline dntower85  
#7 Posted : 25 April 2011 20:47:48(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Hi DT,all,

Originally Posted by: dntower85 Go to Quoted Post
Soon I will try to connect a wire to the isolated rail, this could be difficult do to the stainless steel rail and it can't be solder with normal solder. I may see if I can slip a modified rail joiner on it some how. Or I may slide a peace of thin metal under the rail between the sleepers.It is the hard way to make a contact point, but I'm trying avoid pulling up blasted track.

I don't think that's going to work,...

Dr D

Confused
Don't see why it wouldn't one section of rail is now isolated I checked with ohm meter to make sure I cut the rail deep enough. As long as I can attach a wire to the isolated rail it will work. the track is isolated like this

.-----------------.
+ + + + + + + +
.--- ---------- ---.

DT
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline kbvrod  
#8 Posted : 25 April 2011 21:43:56(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi DT,all,
I just got out my old M-track,...I see what your saying now.The rail is off the metal roadbed,so that section IS isolated.
OK,how are you going to wire it?If aesthetics are not important then you should be able file/grind off the chemical black and solder a wire to it for contact.

Dr D

Quote:

Confused
Don't see why it wouldn't one section of rail is now isolated I checked with ohm meter to make sure I cut the rail deep enough. As long as I can attach a wire to the isolated rail it will work. the track is isolated like this

.-----------------.
+ + + + + + + +
.--- ---------- ---.

Corrected the quote... /FS

Edited by moderator 29 April 2011 07:10:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2011 22:13:25(UTC)
H0

Darrin is talking about C track (plastic track bed, unpainted outer rails) and not M track (metal track bed, painted outer rails).

Because of the plastic track bed, you must be quick when you try to solder wires to the outer rails.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline dntower85  
#10 Posted : 25 April 2011 22:13:46(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Dr D,

On the C-track (I think you misread that as m-track) the two rails are tied together at the end by metal connectors at each end of the plastic road bed. typically you just clip the metal connector on the underside of the track to isolate the rail then add the plastic isolators on the connector tabs.

Darrin
DT
Offline kbvrod  
#11 Posted : 25 April 2011 22:38:26(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
My mistake.Sorry.

Dr DCursing

Offline nevw  
#12 Posted : 25 April 2011 23:06:20(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I did the same as Darrin, on C track lipped the connector between the two outer tracks at each end, used a red Isolating thingy at each end and then connected a S88 port to the Red (B) connector. works every time. quick and easy and fool proof.

Train ran over the track , triggered the S88 which triggered a route and changed 4 turnouts.

NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline dntower85  
#13 Posted : 26 April 2011 02:11:14(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
It worked I was able to slide the wire under the track then add a bit of solder to the other end, its held in place and is making good contact.

Note I did not cut this with my dermal tool I used my air power cut off wheel.
dntower85 attached the following image(s):
DSC06100.JPG
DSC06104.JPG
DSC06101.JPG
DSC06103.JPG
DT
Offline DaleSchultz  
#14 Posted : 29 April 2011 01:26:41(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
that gaps in the rail look very large. You don't want the trains to wobble as they run over the gaps. Use the thinnest cutting disk you can find, and cut at 45° and fill it afterwards with a non-conducting material.

I would also be weary of the wire staying in place... I don't have C-track myself, but I understand that there are connectors at each end, thus one can isolate (cut) the track a few cm on either side of a joint between rails... so each track is cut once and you have a secure electrical connection point on the underside....

=====|===-=|=-===|=====
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline dntower85  
#15 Posted : 29 April 2011 20:04:25(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
that gaps in the rail look very large. You don't want the trains to wobble as they run over the gaps. Use the thinnest cutting disk you can find, and cut at 45° and fill it afterwards with a non-conducting material.

I would also be weary of the wire staying in place... I don't have C-track myself, but I understand that there are connectors at each end, thus one can isolate (cut) the track a few cm on either side of a joint between rails... so each track is cut once and you have a secure electrical connection point on the underside....

=====|===-=|=-===|=====

Dale, yes those cuts were huge, that was just a peace of old c-track to test if the rail would stay in place, so I used a tool meant for cutting 1/4" steal. Over kill yes, but it was a test and I had used up or shattered all my dremal cutoff disk.

Dremal now has a new cutoff disk and adapter system with an extra thin cutting disk that I just bought. The new Dremal cutoff wheel did a very nice job. It has a metal insert ring to attach to the shaft, this makes the disk stronger and no more chance of cutting the little screw that mounted the old cutting wheels. Blushing

I added 12 feedback sections connected to a now full s88 in a matter of a few hours, much less time than taking up track that had ballast on it, which would of taken several days to have done, and not counting all the damage that might incur.

I have yet to fill in the gaps in the rail but that is on my list of things to do. I don't see any wobble as the train runs over the gaps, there is only a slight clicking, less than rail joiners on standard HO track.

With flux on the bare end of the wire, the solder was sucked into the bare wire filling in any gap under the rail, it surprised even me at how good the contact was, and how well the wire stayed in place .
DT
Offline Gregzim  
#16 Posted : 18 September 2011 14:16:06(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Interesting comments in this thread. cant quite understadn why anyone is trying to use soldering to attach the contact wires when underneath C track there already are spade connectors for all rails to join to?

Has an one use centre rail uccupancy detectors (works by drawing current from loco sliding shoe) It means you do not have to cut the electrical connections between the two outside rails (I know it won't show up non current drawing vehicles such as goods wagons) but for main line work where locos are moving continually it is clean and fast to set up. If you have used the middle rail - would you advise what products you used to connect to the middle rail please?

Rgds Greg
Online xxup  
#17 Posted : 18 September 2011 14:45:33(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Gregzim Go to Quoted Post
Interesting comments in this thread. cant quite understadn why anyone is trying to use soldering to attach the contact wires when underneath C track there already are spade connectors for all rails to join to? ...

In this case Darrin is trying to find a solution that does not require him to remove track that has already been laid on the layout.. If you were starting afresh, then the best way would seem to be to cut the links under the track and isolate the ends..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Fredrik  
#18 Posted : 19 September 2011 02:19:52(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   

Has an one use centre rail uccupancy detectors (works by drawing current from loco sliding shoe) It means you do not have to cut the electrical connections between the two outside rails (I know it won't show up non current drawing vehicles such as goods wagons) but for main line work where locos are moving continually it is clean and fast to set up. If you have used the middle rail - would you advise what products you used to connect to the middle rail please?

Rgds Greg

No... and I can only see this as a "too fast" setup. Once you've done this, and let your freight train with 20 wagons run - the block releases when the engine leaves the block but all the freight cars are still within the block... ThumbDown The block should be completely empty when released, and that will not be 100% known with that setup. Much better to use the inner-/outerrail for occupancy detection. ThumpUp

But - if you still want to do it this way, you can use any current detecting decoder, most of them more expensive than what's needed for inner-/outerrail operation, but still possible. As you probably understand not what I'd recommend though... Wink
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline Maxi  
#19 Posted : 19 September 2011 02:50:27(UTC)
Maxi

This is a topic that is open to much inerpretation.

I personally feel most comfortable knowing that every piece of track (except turnouts) is used for monitoring purposes. I am currently using C-Track and right at the start I setup the track where one of the outer rails is separated on each piece of track and sections of track are connected to a S88 input. By monitoring all sections of track possible it is easier to know the state of all blocks (except for the turnouts). I am also using a Märklin three rail system.

To me this is the simplest way to reduce and hopefully eliminate collisions. So far it has proven to be very effective as the program I am using will only release a train if the blocks which are required or have to be crossed are not occupied.

As I have said before "Copper wire is cheap, repairs to locomotives are not".

Matthew
Offline Fredrik  
#20 Posted : 19 September 2011 03:00:22(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Maxi Go to Quoted Post
This is a topic that is open to much inerpretation.

I personally feel most comfortable knowing that every piece of track (except turnouts) is used for monitoring purposes. I am currently using C-Track and right at the start I setup the track where one of the outer rails is separated on each piece of track and sections of track are connected to a S88 input. By monitoring all sections of track possible it is easier to know the state of all blocks (except for the turnouts). I am also using a Märklin three rail system.

To me this is the simplest way to reduce and hopefully eliminate collisions. So far it has proven to be very effective as the program I am using will only release a train if the blocks which are required or have to be crossed are not occupied.

As I have said before "Copper wire is cheap, repairs to locomotives are not".

Matthew

I agree - with one exception...: I also include the turnouts! Now I know there are turnouts that are "impossible" to separate the rails on - but those I avoid (X-turnout in C-track and 2260 X-turnout in K, 3-way-turnout in both K and C).
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
Offline river6109  
#21 Posted : 19 September 2011 04:11:55(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I'm not adding a solution to the question but what a dilemma trying to isolate the outside track or part there off. You better off going to the butcher shop and asked for a clean cut.
Dremel cut off wheel has always been the thinnest wheel all you had to do, be careful when cutting into metal and don't try to put too much force onto it.
You also have to make sure, the track sections you cut will not move when trains run over and over again.
Although it can be a solution for one person, it doesn't look very attractive cutting into the plastic part of the track as well.
To solder a wire onto the c - track is from my point of view not recommended, the plastic part of the track doesn't take the heat likely.
There have been instructions from Marklin how to separate the outer track by cutting off the connection underneath the track between the 2 tracks, thus leaving the 2 connector pads on either end and adding the isolating sleeves on each end of the track in less time and less messing around and in the end you wouldn't know anything was done to the track.
The metal connection (outside rails) goes underneath the slightly raised middle rail and is secured on one side with a plastic pin, on the other side you'll find the outside track connector and right next to it you can cut it with a small pair of cutting pliers. When you cut this small section you may put a drop of super glue (recommended), doing this will prevent the connector moving or twisting when connecting a wire to it. You can also bend the raised part next to the middle track downwards away from the connection pad.

So before you turn your c - track into an abstract deformed art form try this option.
If you ever decide to reverse the isolation just solder the cut off section together again

If I'm right to say, this is the reason we've joined this forum to ask questions, to compare and to seek help when needed before you apply your outdated butcher skills to a healthy looking c - track, it looks more like a scene from a WW2 movie were someone has or is trying to blow up the railway track.

the photos show the cut section on each end of the track, although the cut is made on the opposite side of the track it still leaves you with one connection pad.

John
river6109 attached the following image(s):
c-track.JPG
c-track 1.JPG
c-track 2.JPG
c-track 3.JPG
c-track 4.JPG
c-track 5.JPG
c-track 6.JPG
c-track 7.JPG
c-track 8.JPG
c-track 9.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline river6109  
#22 Posted : 19 September 2011 06:10:51(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
fitting an isolation shoe.

hold isolation in your thumb and finger and place it on an angle towards the open end of the connection. with a firm push you will reduce the gap between the open end and the fixed end, straighten it out and it should just slide onto it.
river6109 attached the following image(s):
c-track 10.JPG
c-track 11.JPG
c-track 12.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Gregzim  
#23 Posted : 19 September 2011 07:48:54(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Thanks Fredrik for the detail - I will now go and start cutting under the rails but I have two last questions please -1. which outside rail is isolated between blocks? - I assume the one you are isolating/cutting and the other one is constant all over the layout (booster use excepted)? & 2. I also assume for entry and exit contacts per block I also HAVE to cut the rails in the block so there are three sectors per block? (or is there another way such as using IR or light sensors inthose place instead of isolating the rail by cutting it ?? Tks Greg
Offline cookee_nz  
#24 Posted : 19 September 2011 11:46:07(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Interesting comments in this thread. cant quite understadn why anyone is trying to use soldering to attach the contact wires when underneath C track there already are spade connectors for all rails to join to?

Rgds Greg

Hi Greg,

Interesting you should mention center rail detection, I've done it, and I wrote an article years ago (over a decade now) on how easy it was.

https://www.marklin-user...z/gbmc/detect/detect.htm

Sorry about the images, they were taken with my very first digital camera, a Casio QV-10 with a staggering resolution of 320x240 !!!

With K & M, you can use the very short make-up section (3 or 4 ties long) and isolate the center rail at the join, and I've also done it with K & M by using a round-headed screw between the studs - easy with K, but you'll have to drill a hole with M track.

It is surprisingly reliable and so easy to implement.

Maybe of interest?

Cheers

Cookee
Melbourne
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Fredrik  
#25 Posted : 19 September 2011 20:04:00(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Thanks Fredrik for the detail - I will now go and start cutting under the rails but I have two last questions please -1. which outside rail is isolated between blocks? - I assume the one you are isolating/cutting and the other one is constant all over the layout (booster use excepted)? & 2. I also assume for entry and exit contacts per block I also HAVE to cut the rails in the block so there are three sectors per block? (or is there another way such as using IR or light sensors inthose place instead of isolating the rail by cutting it ?? Tks Greg

You're welcome! Smile

There are a few options on how to create the entry-/exit contacts you mention (personally I see them as "stopcontact" in each direction):

1 - Use the required length of fixed track pieces (as I implement this as "stopcontact" I use 1 short piece at each end), isolationg as a separate block and connection to feedback input.

2 - Like you say: Cut the rail where needed! I then fill the gap with a piece of plastic (glued in, and filed off) to give the impression of an insulation joint AND to assure the rails dont move closing the gap...

3 - Use IR-sensors or other techniques (don't know which as I'm completely satisfied with 1 & 2).

I usually have used #2 this far as I'm running K-track right now but am considering #1 if I switch to C-tracks.

Which side you use for common and block-detection doesn't really matter - you might even have to change around the layout - just be assured which side is which at all times... Wink
Fredrik.
Offline jeehring  
#26 Posted : 19 September 2011 22:24:44(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Interesting Rgds Greg

Hi Greg,

Interesting you should mention center rail detection, I've done it, and I wrote an article years ago (over a decade now) on how easy it was.

Sorry about the images, they were taken with my very first digital camera, a Casio QV-10 with a staggering resolution of 320x240 !!!

Maybe of interest?

Cheers

Cookee
Melbourne

It's a real surprise for me....do you connect the center rail potential directly to S 88 input.....and the S88 doesn't fry ??? Confused ....without changing anything ?....I must confess : it's beyond me...as normally S88 inputs are connected to the ground...( , so I always thought that there were an electric potential inside the system with positive pole & negative pole....Confused in fact : I don't know how it works... Confused )
Offline Gregzim  
#27 Posted : 20 September 2011 04:00:43(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
You may be interested to know that what started this enquirey is the new ecosdetector from ESU allows 'either' centre rail contact 'or' outside rail contact or both (differentblocks of course) form the same detector which has 16 contacts on it. So I thought I would delve a bit deeper into centre rail use. What I had never thought about with centre rail use however was the fact that even though the loco (poss th eonly pwer drawing item in a tain)has left the block - (and stopped as they do) in th enext block - the rest of the train of course is still stuck in the first block but the software doesnt know that using centre rail contact and allows another loco in to smash into the end of the first train.

That pretty much stopped most of my interest in centre rail use at that point !!
Offline GSRR  
#28 Posted : 20 September 2011 16:17:50(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
You may be interested to know that what started this enquirey is the new ecosdetector from ESU allows 'either' centre rail contact 'or' outside rail contact or both (differentblocks of course) form the same detector which has 16 contacts on it. So I thought I would delve a bit deeper into centre rail use. What I had never thought about with centre rail use however was the fact that even though the loco (poss th eonly pwer drawing item in a tain)has left the block - (and stopped as they do) in th enext block - the rest of the train of course is still stuck in the first block but the software doesnt know that using centre rail contact and allows another loco in to smash into the end of the first train.

That pretty much stopped most of my interest in centre rail use at that point !!

Greg,

I think all is not lost with the ECoSDetector and the center rail method. Perhaps someone will correct me, however when running with iTrain you can set the length of your train in the database, that along with the known speed characteristics of the loco in use may be enough to protect the block. Something to ask on the iTrain forum.

Additionally have a look at Infrared for block protection. http://www.azatrax.com/i...odel-train-detector.html

They are currently working on updating the website and instructions for 3 rail HO and s88 installation.

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline GSRR  
#29 Posted : 20 September 2011 16:27:56(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
Interesting Rgds Greg

Hi Greg,

Maybe of interest?

Cheers

Cookee
Melbourne

It's a real surprise for me....do you connect the center rail potential directly to S 88 input.....and the S88 doesn't fry ??? Confused ....without changing anything ?....I must confess : it's beyond me...as normally S88 inputs are connected to the ground...( , so I always thought that there were an electric potential inside the system with positive pole & negative pole....Confused in fact : I don't know how it works... Confused )

Stephen,

could you possibly add a wiring diagram of where the blue wire you soldered to the middle rail connects?

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline cookee_nz  
#30 Posted : 20 September 2011 23:33:58(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: GSRR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
Interesting Rgds Greg

Hi Greg,

Maybe of interest?

Cheers

Cookee
Melbourne

Stephen,

could you possibly add a wiring diagram of where the blue wire you soldered to the middle rail connects?

r/Thomas

Hi Thomas, the blue wire connects directly to any of the input ports (#1 - 16) on an S88 (or equiv) decoder.

Nice and simple.

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image