Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gregzim  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2011 01:31:36(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi Does anyone know - in block track set up - with each block being monitored by an S88 module - what is the wiring?

One shop said - no wiring to the block from the controller/booster at all - just the "one" wire from the S88 !! (If that is correct - where is the other pole + or - wire attached to power the track?)

I thought each block was wired normally with its own power supply and the s88 just monitored activity on the block with its one wire attached to the middle rail. (I have Viessmann 5233 S88's that have a built in Occupancy detector so each block is isolated from one another by middle rail islolators)

I would appreciate assistance from someone who 'has' used S88's in block control thanks.

Rgds

Greg

Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2011 02:05:30(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hi Greg,

I think fig.3 (or fig.4 for 2 rail) of the 5233 manual pretty succinctly depicts the wiring needed.

If there is something specific that is still of concern could you use the schematic as reference and provide some more details of your issue.
Peter
Offline Gregzim  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2011 02:43:26(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi Peter

Thanks for suggesting I re study the manual. I had ignored those figures because they are dealing with blocks that are not monitored (and I don't have any of those)however I realise now by studying them that only my 3 rail track is isolated at the middle track (where the S88 is connected to) and of course power from the outside rails "is" flowing to the blocks all around the track - question answered.

Thanks very much

Greg