Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 27 August 2016 07:03:24(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi everyone, another loco has been converted several times from the humble 6080 decoder to 60901 to an ESU lokpilot and now fro several years an ESU sound decoder with the new adapter plate 51 968 with 6 Aux functions.

the rail car has a total of 4 carriages, 1 rail car & motor, 2 in the middle and one end cab car. the consist has Roco 4 pin electrical couplings with coupling shaft, (original couplings have been removed.

the sound decoder is in the motor car and an additional lokpilot is in the end car.

the light configuration is as follows:

as a single railcar: decoder No. 3028

front:

F0 forward = white
F0 reverse = red

back:

Aux 1 = forward white
Aux 3 = reverse red

Cab light: front = Aux 5
Cab light reverse = Aux 6

Interior light for motor rail car = Aux 4 = neon light effect with delay

Interior light for middle rail cars (2) = Aux 2 = neon light effect with delay

end railcar without motor: ESU lokpilot: decoder number 3029

F0 front= white light
Fo reverse = red light
Aux 1: interior light = with neon light effect
Aux 2: cab light

single rail motor car light configuration and programming code:

F25 = F0 front light + Aux 1
F26= F0 rear light + Aux 4

the consist will run under 2 decoder numbers similar to mfx you can't have the same number (RailComPlus)

it can run as a single unit, 2 car, 3 car or 4 car consist., as a 2 car consist the motor car and the un powered end car will be used, as a 3 car unit one of the middle cars will be used and as a 4 car unit 2 of the middle cars will be used.

the reason I've used Aux functions for the back of the motor car is, when other cars are connected to the unit you don't wnat the lights to come on nore the marker light under F0

the interior light has been revamped and consists of 2 led facing either way, a double led connector was used and this was soldered onto a circuit board panel, this is also used as a distributor board for wires.

a combination of 3mm leds and smd have been used, 3mm led's from an earlier conversion and they serve the purpose. the new light circuit board consists of 3 smd leds, all have dual white and red function, unfortunately the colour is white and not warm white and a have only warm white smd led's so I had to use the top led also white/red but of course the red doesn't illuminate.
the cab light is rather squashy as there is very little room between the cabin and the entrance door and I left all the bits and cover pieces in tact which prevent light traveling into the cabin, the original light defuser rods, I broke off and covered them with a black shrink tube, as the light hole had been slightly enlarged to be able to fit 3mm leds (previously installed), a shrink tube with a tiny drop of superglue secured the light rod into the light hole.

another innovation has been, the light circuit board has been glued to the base frame and the original light fittings had been removed, this does not prevent you from removing the housing freely.
also a small shrink tube has been fitted over the smd led, again not to spread light to other areas.

the loudspeaker has been fitted into the front of the motor car with a small section of the interior fitting removed and last a Roco silent slider had been fitted, the motor of course has been fitted with 2 ball bearings, the interior has travelers as well in all cars.

DSC06110.JPG

DSC06109.JPG

DSC06107.JPG

DSC06105.JPG

DSC06104.JPG

DSC06106.JPG

3028.JPG

DSC06103.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2016 07:04:55(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
having almost finished the 3028 version (DB Br 515) today I'm going to convert the 3428 version and this will be easier as I have an example to go by. its always hard when you do your first try and afterwards you always say i could have done it this way and the end result is usually its a simpler version or a smarter way to do it.

the motor has been converted with ball bearings and a 5 pole high efficiency motor. this version has only 3 rail cars, 1 motorcar, 1 middle car and 1 end rail car., I don't have any more sound decoders so I'll just work with the 21 pin adapter plate and the decoder holder and insert the sound decoder later.
pictures will follow.

after this I'll continue with the ÖBB Rh 1089, I've shaved the frame to be able to insert the loudspeaker and pictures will follow also

John
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2016 17:23:09(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
here we are with a quite neater and tidier conversion, its always the same the first example is always a try sample and sometimes I change the design or configuration.

what we have here are 3 templates for the Le'ds, used the original light interior fitting but added smd led's on both sides and they just fit into the space provided.

the motor has got his 2 ball bearings, the original front & rear light assembly has been removed. unfortunately I can't find the light defusers so spare ones have to be used.

as you can see the light rods have been cut and inserted and covered with a shrink tube and so the smd led's this prevents light to escape to unwanted areas.

the next thing on the list is I will fit the cab lights on each end of the motor car and a cab light into the last 3rd carriage.

the middle carriage will not have any head light just the interior light

the first 3 pictures are from the motor rail car with a decoder holder and eventual a sound decoder and loudspeaker, a revised interior light fitting (will be changed to smd led's)

on this rail car I've used Fleischmann 4 pin electrical couplings but they're not user friendly when it comes to coupling them together

DSC06111.JPG

DSC06112.JPG

DSC06113.JPG

DSC06117.JPG

DSC06118.JPG

DSC06119.JPG

DSC06114.JPG

DSC06115.JPG

DSC06116.JPG