Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 25 August 2016 22:34:59(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Roco - >FALL 2016 PDF<

Fleischmann - >FALL 2016 PDF<
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2016 22:58:48(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Nice, but nothing for me unfortunately
SBB Era 2-5
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 26 August 2016 08:18:28(UTC)
H0

Roco's 03 1013 is an interesting mould variation (Roco quickly announce mould variations while Märklin stick to making livery variations of a single mould).

Also some interesting "Zebra" livery locos. I'm tempted by the white or grey ÖBB gondola.

It's a pity that I like both era III and modern locos, so I always find something interesting ... Wink
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 26 August 2016 11:02:15(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I quite like those Roco "Start" coaches and wagons. The "Donnerbuchsen" and the "Umbauwagen" look quite reasonable for less than 20 euro a piece.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 26 August 2016 14:27:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Like the road vehicles at the end of the Roco brochure.

Might have to get a couple of the Puch motor scooters, they are quite cute.

Offline rmsailor  
#6 Posted : 26 August 2016 17:48:53(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
the Achensee Taurus locomotive is going to be high on the "want" list.

Bob M.
Offline NS1200  
#7 Posted : 26 August 2016 19:47:25(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
No fancy makes for me,thank you.

It is Marklin all the way,for better or for worse.

The Hungarian Taurus was released by Marklin (39359) a long time ago,with metal hood!

Nice try,but no thanks.

Edited by user 27 August 2016 14:50:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline rmsailor  
#8 Posted : 27 August 2016 13:49:45(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
The Achensee liveried loco is Austrian, The Achensee being in the Tirol. Apart from the ship featured on the side of the loco it is also notable for the narrow gauge rack line leading to it from Jenbach, from where also runs the well known Zillertalbahn.

The Taurus locomotives have become a favourite for werbelok liveries, many of them brightly coloured. Liking them of course is a matter of personel taste. Speaking for myself, I do.

The Railcolor.net Facebook page is a useful way of keeping up with special liveries and news of new locomotives in general.

Bob M.
Offline GlennM  
#9 Posted : 27 August 2016 14:54:15(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Roco's 03 1013 is an interesting mould variation (Roco quickly announce mould variations while Märklin stick to making livery variations of a single mould).

Also some interesting "Zebra" livery locos. I'm tempted by the white or grey ÖBB gondola.

It's a pity that I like both era III and modern locos, so I always find something interesting ... Wink

Interesting statement, it is my perception that Roco seem to make better use of the moulds than Marklin, and certainly have a wider selection of different coach moulds than Marklin, offering a better opportunity to model interesting and varied consists.

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline rmsailor  
#10 Posted : 27 August 2016 16:01:18(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

Interesting statement, it is my perception that Roco seem to make better use of the moulds than Marklin, and certainly have a wider selection of different coach moulds than Marklin, offering a better opportunity to model interesting and varied consists.

BR

Even if they don't change the mould it would be useful if they changed numbers from batch to batch. This would be particularly useful with steam locos where basically there is only black and red.
With modern werbeloks of course there are far more variations than can ever be modelled. Hag tried it with the Swiss 460's and I think there are now well over two hundred variations though it does include fictional liveries.

Bob M.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rmsailor
Offline GlennM  
#11 Posted : 27 August 2016 16:33:22(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rmsailor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

BR

Even if they don't change the mould it would be useful if they changed numbers from batch to batch. This would be particularly useful with steam locos where basically there is only black and red.
With modern werbeloks of course there are far more variations than can ever be modelled. Hag tried it with the Swiss 460's and I think there are now well over two hundred variations though it does include fictional liveries.

Bob M.

Agreed ThumpUp ThumpUp
Don't look back, your not heading that way.