Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Barton  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2016 21:57:53(UTC)
Barton

United States   
I finally decided to go digital so I purchased the MÄRKLIN 60657 Mobile Station with Junction box 60116 + Power supply 66361 brand new and started the addressing process. Everything went smoothly until I realized that the two separate addresses are operating both trains. I tried deleting and going through the process again but I still cannot separate my NYC Mikado and my Union Pacific Mikado. I have not tried a "system reset" but that my next option because I am out of ideas. Cannot try another train because I only have two digital locomotives. Any suggestions?
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2016 22:19:03(UTC)
H0

Are these both FX locos with the factory default address? Maybe 37970 and 37973?
If so, you have two entries with the same address and both locos will respond.
Change the address for one of the locos and the problem will be solved.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 04 August 2016 22:25:34(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
It appears both your locos are on the same digital address. This is quite likely as they are both the same type.

You will need to change the address on one of them. With only one loco on the track, enter the loco by selecting it from the database. Then go to "Change loco" and "Address" and you will see the default address displayed on the screen. Use the left and right arrow keys to select a different address and then press the OK button. The display should say "programming" and the light on the loco should blink. When the lights stop blinking the process is complete and the loco will respond to the new address.

You can then enter the other loco from the database as normal and the two locos will respond independently.

It is probably a good idea to save the "Changed" loco to a loco card in case you delete it from the MS2
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2016 08:37:54(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
You will need to change the address on one of them. With only one loco on the track, enter the loco by selecting it from the database.
If he really has 37970 and 37973 then at least one of them has DIP switches for address selection.
Or maybe both locos have mfx - very unlikely, but still possible.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2016 11:26:12(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Thanks Tom, I thought these locos were newer than that.

If the locos are really mfx then there should be no conflict and they should run independently when they auto-register.

If they are fitted with decoders with DIP switches then the MS2 will not allow you to program the decoder. To change the adress on one of these one should refer to the manual to access the decoder in the tender, and to select a new address from the table in the manual. Once this is done my instructions above will work for changing the MS2 to the address that has been selected.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Barton  
#6 Posted : 13 August 2016 00:32:39(UTC)
Barton

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Tom, I thought these locos were newer than that.

If the locos are really mfx then there should be no conflict and they should run independently when they auto-register.

If they are fitted with decoders with DIP switches then the MS2 will not allow you to program the decoder. To change the adress on one of these one should refer to the manual to access the decoder in the tender, and to select a new address from the table in the manual. Once this is done my instructions above will work for changing the MS2 to the address that has been selected.

They both have DIP switches in the tender as Ray had suggested and both have the same code. I am going to change the code on the NYC Mikado using one of the codes listed in the loco manual, from there I will change the code in the mobile station set up as described by Tom. I am a little nervous as this is my first dealings with Digital, I had only purchased conventional in the past. My Marklin collection consists of tin-plate boxcars, passenger cars and late 50's, early 60's Diesels.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Barton