Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mrmarklin  
#101 Posted : 25 July 2016 06:09:20(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I've been looking again at this loco; in particular about how the prototype was used.

It seems the Br95 was used very much the same way as the Br85 was used, as a pusher or helper loco in mountainous terrain. The Br85 had its home in the Black Forest whereas the Br95 was found mainly in the East. The Br96 Mallet was also used in this way in Bavaria.

I already have a Br85 and a Br96 so I have been reluctant to commit to another heavy tank engine with the same role. What do others think? Is anyone else thinking on the same lines as I am?

Ray, you can't have too many tank engines IMHO. They're my favorites back when they looked good on my 4x8' layout 30 years ago.

No, I don't think on the same lines! Can't wait for era II version!BigGrin
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline pab  
#102 Posted : 26 July 2016 09:29:16(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
I've been looking again at this loco; in particular about how the prototype was used.

It seems the Br95 was used very much the same way as the Br85 was used, as a pusher or helper loco in mountainous terrain. The Br85 had its home in the Black Forest whereas the Br95 was found mainly in the East. The Br96 Mallet was also used in this way in Bavaria.

Are your sure about the pusher function?
I read that the BR 85 was build for the Schwarzwaldbahn. For nomal train services. The BR 95 was also used for freight and passenger trains in the eastern mountains of Germany. Both are not specific pushers like the BR96.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pab
Offline RayF  
#103 Posted : 26 July 2016 11:11:39(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: pab Go to Quoted Post

Are your sure about the pusher function?
I read that the BR 85 was build for the Schwarzwaldbahn. For nomal train services. The BR 95 was also used for freight and passenger trains in the eastern mountains of Germany. Both are not specific pushers like the BR96.

I was just quoting what I read on Wikipedia. It's entirely possible it might be wrong!

For the Br85:

"In 1931, the DRG ordered ten locomotives from the firm of Henschel that were taken into the fleet as numbers 85 001–010. The Class 85 was intended for hauling passenger and goods trains. They were however also employed as pusher locomotives on the Höllentalbahn in the Black Forest."

For the Br95:

"Of the 45 examples owned by the Reichsbahn, the Deutsche Bundesbahn took over 14 that, towards the end, were stationed in Aschaffenburg and used as pusher locomotives on the Spessart ramp. "

I note that the articles state that the locos were designed and intended for normal service in mountainous country, but by the time they were in DB service I would imagine they were used more and more just in the helper role.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline kimballthurlow  
#104 Posted : 27 July 2016 01:03:12(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
.....I already have a Br85 and a Br96 so I have been reluctant to commit to another heavy tank engine with the same role. What do others think? Is anyone else thinking on the same lines as I am?
....... It seems the Br95 was used very much the same way as the Br85 was used, as a pusher or helper loco in mountainous terrain. .....
..... I was just quoting what I read on Wikipedia. It's entirely possible it might be wrong!

For the Br85:

"In 1931, the DRG ordered ten locomotives from the firm of Henschel that were taken into the fleet as numbers 85 001–010. The Class 85 was intended for hauling passenger and goods trains. They were however also employed as pusher locomotives on the Höllentalbahn in the Black Forest."

For the Br95:

"Of the 45 examples owned by the Reichsbahn, the Deutsche Bundesbahn took over 14 that, towards the end, were stationed in Aschaffenburg and used as pusher locomotives on the Spessart ramp. "

I note that the articles state that the locos were designed and intended for normal service in mountainous country, but by the time they were in DB service I would imagine they were used more and more just in the helper role.

Hi Ray and all,
Aschaffenburg is 20-30km east of Frankfurt, so the BR95 fits with my regional and era interest.
And I do like smaller locomotives.
But I decided not to buy one, because I will spend the money on the more unusual ET194 set (#26194).

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline pab  
#105 Posted : 28 July 2016 15:36:42(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   

I was just quoting what I read on Wikipedia. It's entirely possible it might be wrong!

For the Br85:

For the Br95:

It's not entirely wrong.
The BR 85 was in regular service until in 1960 the Höllentalbahn was electrified.
The BR 85 was primary designed for passenger and good services, but also for pusher services on the Höllentalbahn. There weren't enough BR 95 locomotives available for the Black forest and they didn't want to build more BR 95 locomotives. Not standard, too old and too slow.

The BR 95 locomotives took over by the DB were mostly used as a helper locomotive. A lot of steam locomotives of all kind end up as a helper locomotive before retirement.

I used the German Wikipedia as a source and, of course, Das grosse Loktypenbuch
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by pab
Offline mbarreto  
#106 Posted : 29 July 2016 12:26:48(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Hello,

Just got my Insider BR95 2 days ago. Although I usually prefer bigger steamers, the Märklin BR95 is an impressive compact locomotive. The model looks and feels really stunning. As a compact it is superb.

I would like Märklin retool the BR85 with the same detail and tech.

Things i would like to be different are the addition of a telex, synchronized steam (will ever M do that in HO?) and I would like painted inside cabin and also bottom inside cabin details in opposition to the rised floor of the cabin. A great weathering would also improve the model a lot imho.

Miguel

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Baureihe 96, DK  
#107 Posted : 28 August 2016 10:04:59(UTC)
Baureihe 96, DK

Denmark   
Hello
I am still waiting for my Marklin 39095. Are others in same situation ?
Offline shunter  
#108 Posted : 28 August 2016 10:10:41(UTC)
shunter

Netherlands   
Yes , still waiting for message that it has arrived.
When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#109 Posted : 28 August 2016 13:21:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
It does definitely seem to be a case of the dealers that get their orders in early get the first deliveries. If your dealer waits to accumulate their insider orders until the closing date they will be well down the delivery list.

Offline shunter  
#110 Posted : 29 August 2016 12:41:22(UTC)
shunter

Netherlands   
I was indeed late with ordering but I would expect an item like this with a pre-order would be produced after the actual nbrs ordered and in one production run.
But shop confirms not all are delivered same time.
With my background in logistics this doesn't seems to be a very efficient and economical way of handling it.
But than again I have no insight on how things are handled in Goppingen
When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.
Offline jaseguvi  
#111 Posted : 31 August 2016 12:21:00(UTC)
jaseguvi

Hello,

Just got my Insider BR95 2 days ago.

Jaseguvi
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by jaseguvi
Offline Baureihe 96, DK  
#112 Posted : 03 September 2016 11:38:00(UTC)
Baureihe 96, DK

Denmark   
I have mailed to Marklin Insider club about i am a little worried about my missing br 95, 39095. My oder form is dated 23-12-2015. I`ve got mail, answer, yersterday from Marklin Insider club. They says that i dont have to worry. They got my order form. But i have to wait to deliver at my dealer, expected in october/november. As Kiwialan says above, if dealer waits to accumulate their insider orders until closing date, they will be well down the delivery list.
Best regards
Michael
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Baureihe 96, DK
Offline pab  
#113 Posted : 03 September 2016 13:16:38(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
You can find your orders for club articles on the website.
Go to the Märklin website (I use the german one most of the time).
Go to clubs and choose login.
Sign in with your member number and password.
Choose profile (profil) and you have your list with ordered club items.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by pab
Offline steventrain  
#114 Posted : 03 September 2016 15:04:00(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Baureihe 96, DK Go to Quoted Post
I have mailed to Marklin Insider club about i am a little worried about my missing br 95, 39095. My oder form is dated 23-12-2015. I`ve got mail, answer, yersterday from Marklin Insider club. They says that i dont have to worry. They got my order form. But i have to wait to deliver at my dealer, expected in october/november. As Kiwialan says above, if dealer waits to accumulate their insider orders until closing date, they will be well down the delivery list.
Best regards
Michael

Name of dealer? Is the MHI Dealer?

Because you can not get one if Non-MHI dealer.

Some Locos with mfx/sounds delay due to Decoder/sounds issue at M.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Baureihe 96, DK  
#115 Posted : 03 September 2016 15:58:28(UTC)
Baureihe 96, DK

Denmark   
It is a MHI dealer.
Best regards
Michael
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Baureihe 96, DK
Offline Frits Osterthun  
#116 Posted : 17 October 2016 23:16:46(UTC)
Frits Osterthun

Netherlands   
UserPostedImage
Märklin 39095 © Frits Osterthun
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Frits Osterthun