Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline YuLunWu  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2016 02:11:53(UTC)
YuLunWu

Taiwan, Province Of China   
I've followed the manual and choose DCC then tried to read the address, I am pretty sure this is a DCC loco because I just operated it via ROCO Z21 and all functions works.
However when I switch to CS2, it couldn't be recognized anymore, does anyone know what's going on?
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2016 03:43:31(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello, did you put it in the programming track?
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2016 08:08:36(UTC)
H0

Hi,
Welcome to the Forum!

Which loco?

DCC address detection must be done with the loco on the programming track, as Francisco already mentioned.

It does not work for all locos - e.g. small locos that draw very little current.

If it worked with the Z21 then the address is known. Just enter the address into the CS2 and it should work.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline YuLunWu  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2017 06:02:38(UTC)
YuLunWu

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Welcome to the Forum!

Which loco?

DCC address detection must be done with the loco on the programming track, as Francisco already mentioned.

It does not work for all locos - e.g. small locos that draw very little current.

If it worked with the Z21 then the address is known. Just enter the address into the CS2 and it should work.

S__18743299.jpg

Hi, sorry I have been long time couldn't able to play it, I just input the original cv address(which was set to 03) and then it showed " the transfer of CV values is not possible at the moment. Please try again later."

Anyone have idea for it?
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 09 March 2017 07:43:43(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: YuLunWu Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have idea for it?
Don't try this when the red STOP light is on.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline YuLunWu  
#6 Posted : 09 March 2017 08:01:51(UTC)
YuLunWu

Anyone have idea for it?
Don't try this when the red STOP light is on.

Hi, just tried with red stop off, but it pop out "The locomotive address could not be recognized within 4 seconds" as the pic attached.
It seems CS2 cannot recognized DCC decoder as it announced.
S__18743301.jpg
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2017 08:09:28(UTC)
H0

DCC works generally with the CS2.

The DCC loco must be on the programming track - alone, nothing else connected to the programming track.
And DCC must be activated in the CS2.

And still DCC reading may fail for some locos - e.g. if they draw very little current or very much current.

Do you have other DCC locos you can try?

And when using H0 locos: With three-rail track connected to the CS2 you can read three-rail locos only (no reaction with two-rail locos on the track). With two-rail track connected to the CS2 you can only read two-rail locos (three-rail locos cause a short in that case).

When the address is known, just type in the address and run the loco. Reading CVs is not required to operate locos with a known address - it is required to make any changes, so reading CVs is quite important).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline YuLunWu  
#8 Posted : 09 March 2017 08:16:48(UTC)
YuLunWu

The DCC loco must be on the programming track - alone, nothing else connected to the programming track.

And still DCC reading may fail for some locos - e.g. if they draw very little current or very much current.

And when using H0 locos: With three-rail track connected to the CS2 you can read three-rail locos only (no reaction with two-rail locos on the track). With two-rail track connected to the CS2 you can only read two-rail locos (three-rail locos cause a short in that case).

Yes, I did connect the 2-rail track on the program port only, and only one dcc loco on it which has been successfully detected with roco z21.
right now I don't have any other dcc loco for test.
I just don't understand why CS2 cannot recognize it easily as z21 did: just put it on and press detect, then the system will recognize it and automatically read all functions just as CS2 recognize the locos with mfx decoder.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 09 March 2017 15:06:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Yes, I did connect the 2-rail track on the program port only, and only one dcc loco on it which has been successfully detected with roco z21.
I just don't understand why CS2 cannot recognize it easily as z21 did: just put it on and press detect, then the system will recognize it and automatically read all functions just as CS2 recognize the locos with mfx decoder.

The z21 may have used railcom to recognise the loco. The cs2 does not have railcom, but I still do not understand why it cannot find the loco.
Offline YuLunWu  
#10 Posted : 09 March 2017 16:00:40(UTC)
YuLunWu

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

The z21 may have used railcom to recognise the loco. The cs2 does not have railcom, but I still do not understand why it cannot find the loco.

The decoder is loksound m4, quite normal decoder, don't know why CS2 couldn't read it.

Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 09 March 2017 16:59:06(UTC)
H0

The decoder is loksound m4, quite normal decoder, don't know why CS2 couldn't read it.
If you have mfx enabled on the CS2 and in the decoder, then the decoder will register using mfx.
It is by design that DCC is ignored in the presence of mfx.

M4 is ESU's name for mfx.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 09 March 2017 18:29:07(UTC)
Goofy

Before to call up an DCC loco with the adress manually,you must be sure first that CS2 do stand with DCC protocol.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline franciscohg  
#13 Posted : 09 March 2017 22:28:10(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Even so, with an M4 (mfx) decoder DCC will be completely ignored if mfx is activated on CS.
If you want to run your M4 decoder as DCC, you must first disable mfx protocol on the CS2
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline dickinsonj  
#14 Posted : 12 March 2017 01:57:02(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
then it showed " the transfer of CV values is not possible at the moment. Please try again later."

I have the same problem trying to talk to a couple of DCC locos with my CS2. When the first one happened I thought that it must be the loco. But after more of them I now think that it is an issue with the CS2 and DCC locos. And WTF does "Please try again later" mean? If it doesn't work now it is unlikely to work later.

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline daafies  
#15 Posted : 19 September 2017 02:08:31(UTC)
daafies

United States   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Even so, with an M4 (mfx) decoder DCC will be completely ignored if mfx is activated on CS.
If you want to run your M4 decoder as DCC, you must first disable mfx protocol on the CS2
Regards

Good tip. I was not able to change dcc address until i set the cs2 to dcc mode only. When set to auto you get the error popups as reported in this thread