Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Don Morris  
#1 Posted : 25 July 2016 04:44:30(UTC)
Don Morris

New Zealand   
Is it possible to increase or decrease the volume on individual sounds on the sound card, (i.e. whistle too loud, running sound not loud enough.)
Do the cv values effect all sounds on the card or can each individual sound be adjusted. If anyone can help.
Thanks, Don.

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2016 07:56:20(UTC)
H0

Hi, Don!
Originally Posted by: Don Morris Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to increase or decrease the volume on individual sounds on the sound card, (i.e. whistle too loud, running sound not loud enough.)
Yes,with some decoders and with some controllers.

More precise answers are possible if you provide detailed information about your loco and your controller.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Minok  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2016 02:08:11(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Is it safe to assume that the default decoders that come with the Märklin digital locomotives are locked down :
- that what one may need is a more complex decoder that has per-sound volume, or
- the ability to replace sounds with custom sounds - where one then can grab the sounds, adjust them in an audio program to the relative levels one wants and up in a card to make available by the decoder again?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2016 08:24:55(UTC)
H0

Minok, IIRC there is a volume setting for each sound even with factory-installed mfx sound decoders. That area is not locked.
I am not sure whether these individual settings work with all sound decoders.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Don Morris  
#5 Posted : 28 July 2016 05:18:40(UTC)
Don Morris

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Minok, IIRC there is a volume setting for each sound even with factory-installed mfx sound decoders. That area is not locked.
I am not sure whether these individual settings work with all sound decoders.

Thanks to you both for your answer to my query. I am using an CS2 controller, the sound decoders are 2012 mSD MFX.
Thanks Don.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 28 July 2016 08:31:46(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Don Morris Go to Quoted Post
I am using an CS2 controller, the sound decoders are 2012 mSD MFX.
So you have both options: either adjust the volume of individual sounds in the function mapping screen (simple, quick, easy) or replace individual sounds with other WAV files.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage