Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline johnmarklin  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2016 12:06:59(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Good morning fellow Marklin enthusiasts,

I recently purchased an unused Marklin 37756 locomotive which is in need of some replacement/repair parts (buffer beams and roof isolators and pressure tanks). I bought most of the replacement parts needed but some are not listed on the Marklin online shop. I contacted Marklin repair service who have advised me to send the locomotive to them.

I live in Ireland and there are no Marklin dealers/service centres here. I have never sent an item to Marklin for repair as I have done all of my own up to now. Has anybody experience of sending items to Marklin repair service? What is the turn around time for repair or for replacing parts? Is the service reliable as my friends have told me of their experiences with other manufacturer's abysmal service. Are the labour charges reasonable?

Looking forward to your always valuable insight.

John
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2016 01:03:30(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi John,
Over the last 10 years I have sent about 5 articles to Maerklin Service from Australia.

I have never had any problems with them.
As of early 2016, the turnaround time was 4 months.
In previous years, I got my stuff back in 1-2 months.

Some things to be aware of:
1. When posting your article to Maerklin service, pack it well, include full description of your return address and the problem, and insure it! You would be surprised at how many articles they get, with NO identification as to owner or problem.
2. You will get a repair/service quote, usually by snail mail, to which you have to reply - I use email to reply, saying "yes go ahead with service". Ensure you quote their service ID or customer number.
3. When the job is done, you will get an invoice by snail mail, you can pay this by phoning them with credit card, or send a bank cheque/draft.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline sjbartels  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2016 07:24:06(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: johnmarklin Go to Quoted Post

I recently purchased an unused Marklin 37756 locomotive which is in need of some replacement/repair parts (buffer beams and roof isolators and pressure tanks). I bought most of the replacement parts needed but some are not listed on the Marklin online shop. I contacted Marklin repair service who have advised me to send the locomotive to them.

I live in Ireland and there are no Marklin dealers/service centres here. I have never sent an item to Marklin for repair as I have done all of my own up to now. Has anybody experience of sending items to Marklin repair service? What is the turn around time for repair or for replacing parts? Is the service reliable as my friends have told me of their experiences with other manufacturer's abysmal service. Are the labour charges reasonable?

John

If you're worried about using someone "as big" as Marklin, I can suggest a small private store front operation who are a Marklin authorized repair facility. I have sent them stuff (and I live across the country from them) and not had a single issue, in fact they have exceeded my expectations in quality, service and price.

Their email address is info@aceurotrains.com

I know of several friends from Australia that I have put in touch with them and they have no complaints either. Just another option for you
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by sjbartels
Offline twmarklinfan  
#4 Posted : 10 July 2016 12:25:20(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: johnmarklin Go to Quoted Post

John

Hi John

Over the years I have sent several items to them and have generally been pleased with the service. Guarantee repairs take precedence and my experience is that they don't repair they replace. I also find with C track point motors these are replaced no questions asked.

Other repairs seem to be taking about 4 months. I always send my items tracked so that I can keep track of them but Marklin do send an e mail acknowledging receipt of your items. The next step is an e mail with the estimate of the cost of the repair. Once you pay then they repair and return.

Once I had an item they couldn't repair as they had no spares and they offered a cash equivalent of the item against anything in the current range, at full price but still a good result. I think you can be confident if you use the service.

Best
Adrian
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
Offline johnmarklin  
#5 Posted : 16 July 2016 13:38:36(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Thank you to all for your replies and suggestions.

The locomotive was shipped to Marklin on the 12th July and I got an email from them acknowledging receipt of locomotive on the 15th July with details of repair procedure.

John