Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2015 11:33:42(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello Everybody.

I have being viewing some wonderful pictures on this magnificent site http://www.osterthun.com...atic/01.Static~13-19.htm , when I bumped over some great Marklin 37016 pictures. Unfortunately I don’t have (hopefully just yet) either 37015 or 37016, so the question is, are there any differences between those two gems (and I don’t mean the livery).
We know that some people have pointed out that on 37015 the distance between the loco and the tender may be a little too big (not a great problem for me though). On the 37016 pictures (link above), I have noticed that the loco – tender distance is much smaller. Is it just my eyes or Marklin have fixed the “distance problem”?

Is there some (very lucky) gentleman or lady out there possessing both locos, to give us your information on that? Is the 37016 coupler adjustable?

Best Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
Offline NS1200  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2015 13:04:33(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
My dear friend from Greece,

As far as i can ascertain the only difference between the two is the livery (KBstB versus DRG).

And yes,the pictures by Mr.Osterthun are truly magnificant!

Cheers,
Paul
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 06 December 2015 14:32:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ParisTsirchoglou Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everybody.

I have being viewing some wonderful pictures on this magnificent site http://www.osterthun.com...atic/01.Static~13-19.htm , when I bumped over some great Marklin 37016 pictures. Unfortunately I don’t have (hopefully just yet) either 37015 or 37016, so the question is, are there any differences between those two gems (and I don’t mean the livery).
We know that some people have pointed out that on 37015 the distance between the loco and the tender may be a little too big (not a great problem for me though). On the 37016 pictures (link above), I have noticed that the loco – tender distance is much smaller. Is it just my eyes or Marklin have fixed the “distance problem”?

Is there some (very lucky) gentleman or lady out there possessing both locos, to give us your information on that? Is the 37016 coupler adjustable?

Best Regards

Paris

There are pictures of both models on that page, the 37016 is just below the 37015.

Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#4 Posted : 06 December 2015 14:41:14(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello Paul.

Thank you for your reply. Those are great looking locomotives though (regardless of the loco - tender gap).

Stay safe.

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Offline dickinsonj  
#5 Posted : 10 June 2016 01:41:14(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Hello Paul.

Thank you for your reply. Those are great looking locomotives though (regardless of the loco - tender gap).

Stay safe.

Paris

So six months later, did anyone get either of these loks - and if so, what are your impressions?

I think that they are both special in their own way - the Bavarian livery is gorgeous and the DRG version shows off the lovely drivetrain this lok has.

Thanks for any input,

Jim
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline NS1200  
#6 Posted : 10 June 2016 11:35:14(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
Hello Paul.

Stay safe.

Paris

So six months later, did anyone get either of these loks - and if so, what are your impressions?

I think that they are both special in their own way - the Bavarian livery is gorgeous and the DRG version shows off the lovely drivetrain this lok has.

Thanks for any input,

Jim

Jim,

Why not buy them both?

Cheers,
Paul

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline NS1200  
#7 Posted : 10 June 2016 13:43:04(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
For some sort of reason I have an addiction for German series 01.10 steamers.
Probably because I am a member of the SSN steamclub in Rotterdam,who have a fully operational 01 1075 steamer in the collection,a mighty machine.

As such,i have both the Marklin 37102 coalfired version as well as the Marklin 37105 oilfired version in the collection.
I do not feel ashamed about that.
Offline dickinsonj  
#8 Posted : 10 June 2016 16:07:01(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
For some sort of reason I have an addiction for German series 01.10 steamers.
I have both the Marklin 37102 coalfired version as well as the Marklin 37105 oilfired version in the collection.
I do not feel ashamed about that.

I have the 39103 version of a BR 01.10 steamer - a very nice model. I wouldn't hesitate to add another 01.10 because it would give me duplicate models, since I have a well known addiction to Pacific loks. BigGrin

Edited by user 27 June 2016 01:25:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline TEEWolf  
#9 Posted : 13 June 2016 04:21:25(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hello Everybody.

Best Regards

Paris

Hallo Paris,

want to remind you, to reflect the years Maerklin wrote to 37015 and 37016. At 37015 are the operational conditions from 1906/07 and the 37016 are from 1925.

Please remember and keep in mind, 1925 in Germany was the "Weimarer Republik" existing, the first democratic government in Germany. 1906/07 still emporer Wilhelm II (Emporer from Germany and King of Prussia) was in power. At that time existed a royal government in Germany with all the consequences and historic situations. In 1925 the Kingdom of Prussia did no longer exist, only the "Freistaat Preußen", a federal state of Germany survived. Don't you think that these two different significant historic situations do not require two different locos, even they may look similar on the first sight?

The differences of the locos are not a "distance problem" or the livery, they reflect a part of differences in the history of Germany.

Best Regards

TEEWolf
Federal State Bavaria of Germany
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#10 Posted : 25 June 2016 01:52:44(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hallo friends

of Maerklin 37015 and 37016. I found a third version for you: 37017. Not yet available (delivery date announced for the 3rd Q 2016), but I found already a picture at a German dealer and online-shop. You may do an advanced order, because it is a limited special edition model from the German toy fair 2016. Very expensive, but also very beautiful. (ok I like blue more than black Blink )

Maerklin 37017

The Maerklin 37017 is again the steamer S 2/6 from 1906/07 of the [Königliche Bayerische Staatsbahn] Royal Bavarian State Railway in blue with mfx+ decoder.

If you scroll down this page, the dealer offers three other historic steam models, which may be of interest for you too. But unfortunately I could not find an English version of this internet page.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline dickinsonj  
#11 Posted : 25 June 2016 03:15:46(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hallo friends

of Maerklin 37015 and 37016. I found a third version for you: 37017.

Wow - yet another version of this beautiful lok! For me they rank 37015 - 37017 - 37016 in appearance and appeal.

I do agree that they are all worthy of owning since they each represent a unique prototype. Now I am even further behind, since I don't have any of them yet!

Thank you for the information and inspiration!
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline TEEWolf  
#12 Posted : 25 June 2016 20:15:31(UTC)
TEEWolf

Wow - yet another version of this beautiful lok! For me they rank 37015 - 37017 - 37016 in appearance and appeal.

I do agree that they are all worthy of owning since they each represent a unique prototype. Now I am even further behind, since I don't have any of them yet!

Thank you for the information and inspiration!

Hi Jim,

there is another model from the Bavarian class locos. Please have a look here:

Bavarian class steamer

The differences between the 39550 and the 39551 is, that the 39550 comes with the mfx+ decoder and sound on board. Of course it is more expensive.

It is in green as well as the 37015 has been. But this model seems to be sold out in Germany.
Whereas the 37016 is promptly available and the 37015 is for an advanced order. The 37017 is very interesting to myself too, because it is blue and has the mfx+ decoder on board!Love

In the meantime a lot of other dealers offer this S 2/6 model in royal blue in their shops. I choose Haertel, because he is the only one, writing in his terms of conditions for delivery, if the buyer is outside the EU he will invoice you only the net price without VAT. Of course you have to pay for transportation 40 €, but then you are still about 30 € cheaper as myself buying it in Germany. If you have not to pay extra cost for custom and/or other taxes in the US. If you want to buy it from Haertel and need some support, please send me a PN.

If you want to know more about the Bavarian class, please have a look here:

Royal Bavarian State Railways

and here is more about the S 2/6

Bavarian S 2/6

And now I have to blame myself. Believe it or not: the S 2/6 was a single loko and the original one shall stand in the railway museum in Nuernberg, only 60 miles away from my hometown! I can be there in about 1 hour by train, but I never have been there. Yes, I confess, I have to catch up on it for sure.Mad Cursing

regards

Wolfgang

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline kiwiAlan  
#13 Posted : 25 June 2016 21:59:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

In the meantime a lot of other dealers offer this S 2/6 model in royal blue in their shops. I choose Haertel, because he is the only one, writing in his terms of conditions for delivery, if the buyer is outside the EU he will invoice you only the net price without VAT.

Lokshop and a number of other shops do this as well. Sometimes you need to look a little further to find the information, but it is often there.

Offline dickinsonj  
#14 Posted : 25 June 2016 22:18:09(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Thanks for the links and the info Wolfgang. I do not yet have any Bavarian models and I really should do something about that I think. The 39550 is very attractive and it is available from a couple of North American dealers. I need to investigate freight cars from that era in Bavaria too, since all I really know anything about at this point are the Bavarian passenger coaches. I don't remember very much from Marklin in that category recently, but I am sure other companies have produced items which would match that lok nicely.
And now I have to blame myself. Believe it or not: the S 2/6 was a single loko and the original one shall stand in the railway museum in Nuernberg, only 60 miles away from my hometown! I can be there in about 1 hour by train, but I never have been there. Yes, I confess, I have to catch up on it for sure.Mad Cursing

Lucky you to be located so close to the railway museum where the S 2/6 is displayed. I have read about it and I have seen a few pictures. I can't remember if it is displayed in the beautiful green livery or not at this point. If the world was smaller I would suggest that we go see that beauty sometime together. When you do go please bring back some nice images of it for those of us who are so very far away. I will get it in some livery eventually I think. If I could find a 37015 I might get it now but they are not really available here in North America anymore. I can get the 37016 and I could pre-order the 37017, although that dealer does not quote a price for it, which makes me wonder.
Regards,
Jim

Offline kiwiAlan  
#15 Posted : 26 June 2016 13:12:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
If I could find a 37015 I might get it now but they are not really available here in North America anymore. I can get the 37016 and I could pre-order the 37017, although that dealer does not quote a price for it, which makes me wonder.

I believe the 37015 is sold out, it seemed to sell very well when it first hit the market and had very good reviews.

Unless a dealer has ordered an excess of 37017 I suspect you are too late for this one as well, as it had to be pre-ordered. Even if a dealer is showing it on their web site I suspect that all their order has been pre-sold.

Offline dickinsonj  
#16 Posted : 26 June 2016 13:41:41(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I believe the 37015 is sold out, it seemed to sell very well when it first hit the market and had very good reviews.

Unless a dealer has ordered an excess of 37017 I suspect you are too late for this one as well, as it had to be pre-ordered. Even if a dealer is showing it on their web site I suspect that all their order has been pre-sold.

Yes - the 37015's are long gone, at least new ones from a dealer. The online store that lists the 37017 indicates that they ordered all of them that they could at the toy fair and that they may have some beyond their pre-orders, but no promises.

For now I will just wait and see what develops and assume that there will be other models of this locomotive sometime in the future. I wish I liked the appearance of the 37016 more, because it is currently available at several dealers. I think the green and blue loks are particularly nice looking. They are a nice change from the common black with red running gear, which is no doubt why the 37016 has not sold out yet.

Edited by user 27 June 2016 01:31:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Regards,
Jim

Offline TEEWolf  
#17 Posted : 28 June 2016 01:31:27(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Yes - the 37015's are long gone, at least new ones from a dealer. The online store that lists the 37017 indicates that they ordered all of them that they could at the toy fair and that they may have some beyond their pre-orders, but no promises.

For now I will just wait and see what develops and assume that there will be other models of this locomotive sometime in the future. I wish I liked the appearance of the 37016 more, because it is currently available at several dealers. I think the green and blue loks are particularly nice looking. They are a nice change from the common black with red running gear, which is no doubt why the 37016 has not sold out yet.

Hi Jim,

you still want to buy a the green S 2/6 brand new? I found one for you at a German dealer. Please have a look here:

S 2/6 steamer at Joe's

It should be the very last one, but I do not know really. The dealer has already risen the price. That's what I recognized several times, he is doing it sometimes, if a sucessful model is almost sold out.

I also read that the original color of the S 2/6 was green. But during its operation for the Rhineland-Palatinate railways it has the color brown-violett. After its retirement, it got its originally green color back. So by historical original reasons the green modle would be the correct one. The black/red and blue/black ones did never exist. Perhaps more information I will get by a visit at the Nuernberg traffic museum.

Nevertheless in a German forum for this loco a few people assumed that there might be a chance Maerklin may offer perhaps a 4th version of the S 2/4 in brown-violett. This is all guesswork. But it is reality that BRAWA offers a S 2/6 modell too.

regards

Wolfgang

P.S.: yes, please let me know, when you are planning a trip to Nuernberg too.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline dickinsonj  
#18 Posted : 28 June 2016 03:45:27(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Hi Jim,

you still want to buy a the green S 2/6 brand new? I found one for you at a German dealer.

Thanks for that link Wolfgang. I hope you understand that you are not making it at all easy for me to stick to my Marklin budget. BigGrin

Your find inspired me to search once again for the 37015 and tonight I turned up one right here in the US! It is probably about the same cost as the one you found once the VAT is removed. But this store will ship it to me at no cost as a first time buyer, so it would be a little less costly overall.

Decisions, decisions! I had abandoned my hopes for the green S 2/6 and now I have to sleep on this decision once again! The cost is certainly not cheap but it is hard to say when Marklin might offer this beautiful locomotive again.

Regards,
Jim

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline TEEWolf  
#19 Posted : 03 July 2016 02:31:45(UTC)
TEEWolf

Decisions, decisions! I had abandoned my hopes for the green S 2/6 and now I have to sleep on this decision once again! The cost is certainly not cheap but it is hard to say when Marklin might offer this beautiful locomotive again.

Hi Jim,

I feel like you since I have seen these pictures from 37017 the S 2/6 with the mfx+ decoder. Although I have bought this year one of Maerklins 37956 DB BR 03 mfx+. So the S 2/6 would be a very nice addition. And I am planning to buy for my "Rheinpfeil" rail carriages (Maerklin art 43857 - a variation of the "Rheingold" train) the loco DB BR E 112 (39112) with the mfx+ decoder and brandnew in 2016 too.

But I am waiting for the CS3 as well, otherwise the mfx+ decoders do not make much sense to me. Yes, you are right - too many beautiful locos and only one budget!

regards

Wolfgang
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline dickinsonj  
#20 Posted : 03 July 2016 14:29:51(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

Yes, you are right - too many beautiful locos and only one budget!

regards

Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

It sounds like there are a lot of nice models that you are considering right now - so many good choices! I have not decided yet about a CS3. I will probably get one eventually but my CS2 is doing the job for me now.

I did end up getting that 37015 from a collector here in the US. He buys things that are special and then later sells them at a small profit to people like me, who were too slow to get them when they were first offered. That S 2/6 and the one you found are likely among the last few new ones still out there. I just got it two days ago and I am very, very happy with it. It runs beautifully and it has particularly nice sound. The appearance in the green livery is just beautiful - one of the nicest looking locomotives that I have ever seen. Although highly detailed, it does not appear to be unusually delicate, although I have yet to open it to install a smoke generator.

I expect that the 37017 will also be a real sight to behold. I can return your favor and tell you that you really should get one - I don't think that you would be disappointed in any way. If you get it please let us all know how you like it and post some images of it for the rest of us to enjoy.

I kept giving up and deciding that I had missed out on the 37015 and to just move on. But your encouragement eventually won out and I am very glad that it did! I could not be happier with this new loco and as someone else mentioned in another 37015 thread - A thing of beauty is a joy forever!

Regards,

Jim

Edited by user 04 July 2016 15:01:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline TEEWolf  
#21 Posted : 05 July 2016 03:30:38(UTC)
TEEWolf

Wolfgang,

It sounds like there are a lot of nice models that you are considering right now - so many good choices! I have not decided yet about a CS3. I will probably get one eventually but my CS2 is doing the job for me now.

I did end up getting that 37015 from a collector here in the US. He buys things that are special and then later sells them at a small profit to people like me, who were too slow to get them when they were first offered. That S 2/6 and the one you found are likely among the last few new ones still out there. I just got it two days ago and I am very, very happy with it. It runs beautifully and it has particularly nice sound. The appearance in the green livery is just beautiful - one of the nicest looking locomotives that I have ever seen. Although highly detailed, it does not appear to be unusually delicate, although I have yet to open it to install a smoke generator.

I expect that the 37017 will also be a real sight to behold. I can return your favor and tell you that you really should get one - I don't think that you would be disappointed in any way. If you get it please let us all know how you like it and post some images of it for the rest of us to enjoy.

I kept giving up and deciding that I had missed out on the 37015 and to just move on. But your encouragement eventually won out and I am very glad that it did! I could not be happier with this new loco and as someone else mentioned in another 37015 thread - A thing of beauty is a joy forever!

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

congratulations for your new locomotive. Quick and fast decision gives you a longer way of fun and travel. BigGrin

There you have already a CS2 you do not have to wait for the CS3 as I do. Otherwise I am happy, because first I wanted to buy the CS2 for Christmas. Then I decided to wait to the toy fair in Nuernberg and what will be new. One of them was the CS3. So of course I decided to wait for the new model. But I did not expect that Maerklin makes the mistake to wait very long to deliver the new model. But they really do not deliver it. Unbelievable.

But I do not want the CS2 anymore, because M changes the structure in the CS3 to a 32 bit system and offers a much better display. Enough reasons for me to wait. But I did not expect that I have to wait about 9 to 12 months! Mad So all other articles have to wait too, till I buy them. M shall realize, as unfriendly they are to their customers. Yes, I think they will loose a few sales with this waiting policy.

regards

Wolfgang