Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2016 06:30:07(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I guess it is a little late to suggest a new model for 2016, but here is an interesting possibility for 2017 or for a Swiss Exclusive Model:

http://www.bahnbilder.de...-rangierlok-ee-33-7.html
The Swiss Post (PTT) had at least one Ee3/3 (Buegeleisen) that was used for shunting postal trains.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2016 10:35:38(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I guess it is a little late to suggest a new model for 2016, but here is an interesting possibility for 2017 or for a Swiss Exclusive Model:

The Swiss Post (PTT) had at least one Ee3/3 (Buegeleisen) that was used for shunting postal trains.

Regards

Mike C

Good idea.
Last year's set has just been released and my set is on it's way.
Let's wait and see how these little things behave, whether they are true "bully" switcher pushing long rakes over a maze of switches or just a "lightweight puller" delivering a pair of freight cars to a local factory....Smile
Worst case I'll have to make room for two new "shelf queens" Wink
Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2016 11:35:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Regards

Mike C

Well, I am sure Marklin will have taken this model into account when looking at the tooling for the Ee3/3 they are currently producing. That is all part of the research done to maximize the production runs they get out of the tooling. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced in 2016 if all it requires is a yellow stripe on the existing brown model BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Offline petestra  
#4 Posted : 02 January 2016 12:43:48(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Wireless MS2 or a 5 meter cord for it? PeterCool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline LeoArietis  
#5 Posted : 02 January 2016 14:59:13(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
The long double slip, (24724), and a wider radius of around 3 meter in 6 degrees (or flex-c-gleis). Also a 32 mm straight would be nice and a 6-degree R9.

The Swiss 6/6 (Bo-Bo-Bo) in modern red and blue livery.

Swedish wagon littera Kö / Udg / Fkkpp for the Swedish (and probably a similar one for Danish and Norwegian market). This wagon has been on the tracks for 50 years and are still rolling! Makes a great item for almost every epoch (III-VI) if you run Swedish or Danish trains.

Swedish Tb-engine with detachable snowplows and sound. (If you ever heard one you always remember it's loud helicopter-like sound.)

Since its very short its attractive to make long trains or it coult fit even on a small layout.

Its an open or closed grain, chalk or hopper-wagon, self-unloading. My estimate is it will be a big seller if at the same time released under Trix and if expanded to all the three versions (mainly three different tops or roof, actually its no roof, roof with lids or just plain tarp-cover if I remember correctly. There may be other versions as well, but these three seems to be most common.)
Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by LeoArietis
Offline Roland  
#6 Posted : 02 January 2016 16:57:25(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
ICE3

Deutsche Bahn High Speed ICE 3 Limburg Süd (ICE Bahnhof) am 05.04.2013

(not my video)

And slim curved turnouts for K-track.
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
Offline river6109  
#7 Posted : 02 January 2016 17:42:53(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I would like a loco which excites your appetite, gets your blood flowing, has a flair to it, something extraordinary, something simple but beautifully created, a star that shines day and night, works day and night without fail, and sleeps beside me in my wildest dreams, like my wife.

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 02 January 2016 19:21:07(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I'm holding out for a Br06
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#9 Posted : 02 January 2016 19:26:41(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post

Regards

Mike C

Good idea.
Last year's set has just been released and my set is on it's way.
Let's wait and see how these little things behave, whether they are true "bully" switcher pushing long rakes over a maze of switches or just a "lightweight puller" delivering a pair of freight cars to a local factory....Smile
Worst case I'll have to make room for two new "shelf queens" Wink
Cheers

Keep us posted! I suspect pulling power may be akin to the prior Ee 3/3 release, but let me know. I'm waiting for a good review to order mine! (PS- hope all is well!)
SBB Era 2-5
Offline jcrtrains  
#10 Posted : 02 January 2016 20:14:31(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

If you can't holdout any longer then the Brawa one is great; one of my favourites in my collection.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline Webmaster  
#11 Posted : 02 January 2016 21:22:58(UTC)
Webmaster

I'd like to see some basic Era II rolling stock in the catalog...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline mrmarklin  
#12 Posted : 03 January 2016 00:49:15(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to see some basic Era II rolling stock in the catalog...

So would I. There's never enough.Crying
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 03 January 2016 03:10:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'm confused......ConfusedConfusedConfused

We've only just got to 2016 and we're already talking about 2017 items.....?? Really??

I don't want to belittle everyone's good ideas, but aren't we getting ahead of ourselves a bit? With a bit of luck some of these items might appear in 2016........(Br06 anyone?)
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline mike c  
#14 Posted : 03 January 2016 03:22:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Maerklin just released the Bugeleisen Ee3/3 last month and the 2016 New Items are already decided and the New Item Flyer is due within a few weeks.
I did not order the Ee3/3 set because I was not interested in the set of two loks. I thought that I would start this thread with the suggestion for the PTT version, as a single lok on it's own would be more appealing to me, especially as I do not have a dedicated PTT lok in my collection. I thought that I would also open up the discussion of what models people would like to see, as the "What would you like to see in 2016" topic is now effectively redundant.
I will be more than thrilled if Maerklin beats me to it and includes the PTT lok as a 2016 new item, but I thought that it was still an interesting enough model to justify this post.
That said, a Happy New Year to all and enjoy perusing the Roco, LSM and Piko New Items online until the Maerklin ones are released soon.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline RayF  
#15 Posted : 03 January 2016 08:35:18(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post

If you can't holdout any longer then the Brawa one is great; one of my favourites in my collection.

Yes thanks, the Brawa model looks brilliant.

However, I'm still holding out for a Marklin Br06. The Brawa model is expensive, as I'm sure the Marklin one will be if it ever appears, but I'm more willing to spend that sort of money on a Marklin model than any other brand.

If a couple more years go by without a Marklin model of the Br06 then I might just bite the bullet and go with the Brawa model.

I had the same policy for the S2/6, and my patience was rewarded by a great Marklin model which is now one of the favourites in my collection.
Ray
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 03 January 2016 08:36:56(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I'm confused......ConfusedConfusedConfused
We've only just got to 2016 and we're already talking about 2017 items.....?? Really??
A better title IMHO would be "What would you like to see ASAP?"

If Märklin read the wishes here they may not be able to fulfil them before 2018 - but the models may already be in the queue for 2016 or 2017.

I'd like to see more transparency in product descriptions.
Märklin were heavily criticized for using a five-star symbol also for three-pole motors. Their reaction: now they use a nine-star symbol for both three-pole and five-pole motors. ThumbDown

There are complaints that the delivered G 2000 models are not as nice as the "handmade samples" shown in the catalogue and at exhibitions. Most likely those "handmade samples" were repainted Mehano models - and now the Märklin models look noticeably different.
They could give more hints about the type of "handmade sample" we see in the new items brochure and which deviations have to be expected with the final product.

I don't have new wishes.

I'm still waiting for a model of 120 005. It was announced by LS Models long ago, but it may be affected by the insolvency of Modern Gala.
I still would like a three-rail version of BR 42 with good detailing - I may have to go for a Liliput model. No hurry with that.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Andrey  
#17 Posted : 03 January 2016 10:31:08(UTC)
Andrey

Russian Federation   
New Mobile Station.
My older son, when seeing MS2, asks me: "Is it made in 1970s or 1980s? I see the same graphics on display as I saw on your Soviet era electronic game consoles..."
Also I need to see 2016 New Items at first, then I'll say what I want to see in 2017.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#18 Posted : 03 January 2016 11:28:07(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

However, I'm still holding out for a Marklin Br06. The Brawa model is expensive, as I'm sure the Marklin one will be if it ever appears, but I'm more willing to spend that sort of money on a Marklin model than any other brand.

If a couple more years go by without a Marklin model of the Br06 then I might just bite the bullet and go with the Brawa model.

Well, the Br06 was one of the options in the list of Insider locos that was voted on by members a few years ago - if I remember correctly it scored quite highly in that poll (maybe 3rd??) Maybe it is time for Marklin to produce one.

To whet your appetite here's a picture of my Brawa Br06.

Br06_02.jpg

Edited by user 26 June 2016 06:05:38(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected picture

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#19 Posted : 03 January 2016 13:24:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I had the same policy for the S2/6, and my patience was rewarded by a great Marklin model which is now one of the favourites in my collection.

And not only that but the Marklin one runs on M track (which the Brawa one doesn't, according to Marklin) and is cheaper than the Brawa one.

And the Brawa one was also manufactured in China, so you haven't lost anything going with the Marklin one.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline kiwiAlan  
#20 Posted : 03 January 2016 13:32:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

There are complaints that the delivered G 2000 models are not as nice as the "handmade samples" shown in the catalogue and at exhibitions. Most likely those "handmade samples" were repainted Mehano models - and now the Märklin models look noticeably different.
They could give more hints about the type of "handmade sample" we see in the new items brochure and which deviations have to be expected with the final product.

They are more likely to be 3D printed sample bodies direct from the CAD data. I haven't heard how the delivered ones look different, but it may be that a decision has been made on some compromises to make them more producible on a production line after the early CAD models were printed.

Some models in the NI brochures are obviously 3D printed bodies when you look at the enlarged photos that are used for full page pictures and the wallpaper pictures that marklin publish. One I remember about 18 months ago was an American diesel (I think an F7) which in the photos had an obvious 'orange peel' finish in the paintwork, which is a typical surface finish on a 3D printed model. Some printers manage a finer finish, but that particular one was quite obvious.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mike c  
#21 Posted : 03 January 2016 19:02:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: LeoArietis Go to Quoted Post
The Swiss 6/6 (Bo-Bo-Bo) in modern red and blue livery.

If you search on Google or ebay, you will find that such a model has been released a few years ago as 37321.

37320 Re 6/6 Green Round Headlights (1980s) (Re 10/10 set)
37321 Re 620 Cargo Rectangular Headlights (Era VI)
37322 Re 6/6 Red Rectangular Headlights (Era V/VI)
37323 Re 10/10 Set Green (37320 with added factory weathering)
37324 Re 6/6 Green Rectangular Headlights (Era V/VI)
37325 Re 6/6 Red Round Headlights (1980s)

The 37320/321/323 models have a more basic sound decoder, but are, out of the box, better suited to multiple operation with Maerklin's Re 4/4II models. The other models have more advanced sound decoders and require settings adjustments to be used in combination with basic models.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Armando  
#22 Posted : 03 January 2016 20:33:19(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Thank you, Mike, for starting this topic. I concur with you that it is too late now to wish anything for 2016, as the dice are already cast.

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to see in 2017 (if not already coming in 2016):

1) Set of commuter cars, with center doors, in era IV beige/turquoise livery.
2) Reissue of "Die schöne Württembergerin" in its original Era I Württemberg livery, with matching newly tooled coaches.
3) Retooling of the class 515 Electric Motor Rail Train - with metal body of course-, with add-on car.
4) Reissue of the BR 18.5, in its original Era II livery.
5) Reissue of the G 5/5 in era I Bavarian livery, from the first series.
6) Retooling of E 94 "German Krok".
7) Reissue of the Ce 6/8 II Krok, modified version for shunting operations, with only one panto.
8) Retooling of the TEE RAm 502, in metal and at correct 1:87 scale (please)?
9) Please bring back some dinosaurs from the past, such as 3025, 3045, 3046, 3047... I would go for all of them!

10) And I endorse all the above comments in connection with the further development of the C-track. We need more track variety.
11) If and when Märklin decide to tool the BR 06, please let it be the red version of it. I already have the Brawa version in black livery (there were only 2 built).
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Armando
Offline Webmaster  
#23 Posted : 03 January 2016 21:29:56(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
7) Reissue of the Ce 6/8 II Krok, modified version for shunting operations, with only one panto.

I'd love to see a proper model of the Ce 6/8 III 14 305 krok since I know it so well now... Wink

fb_croc.jpg
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Hackcell  
#24 Posted : 03 January 2016 22:16:59(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
era 4/5/ US diesels and new C track items (wider curves for example).
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline baureihe_187  
#25 Posted : 08 January 2016 20:03:26(UTC)
baureihe_187

Sweden   
BR 187 (I know that PIKO makes several BR 187) versions but I would like to see Märklin make this beautiful modern loco.
BR 245/285 (not Hobby version this time)
Offline RayF  
#26 Posted : 08 January 2016 23:06:58(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   

Well, the Br06 was one of the options in the list of Insider locos that was voted on by members a few years ago - if I remember correctly it scored quite highly in that poll (maybe 3rd??) Maybe it is time for Marklin to produce one.

To whet your appetite here's a picture of my Brawa Br06.

Br06_02.jpg

Hey David,

Why did your Br06 turn into a minion?

Confused

Edited by moderator 26 June 2016 06:06:29(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected picture

Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline vimo  
#27 Posted : 25 June 2016 20:00:31(UTC)
vimo

I'd love to see a set of VSOE (Venice Simplon Orient Express) in its blue livery with the metal frame cars (post 1927) as they are on the current VSOE.
Not the older teak cars with the extra piece on the roof as in Märklin 42795/42796.

And also a 2-motor version of the Re 6/6
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by vimo
Offline NS1200  
#28 Posted : 25 June 2016 20:46:40(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
A proper heavy metal Marklin loco around the Euro 100 mark,like in the old days.
Actually there is so much of this stuff around on the secondhand market that for me there is no need for new items in 2017.
Surely,Marklin will not agree with that view and will keep on turning out loco's at the Euro 400/500 mark........
The 39205 goes at some Euro 450.- at the moment,painful i must say.
Hence i bought the 3366/3367/3368 at Euro 100 each.

Cheers,
Paul
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline Alsterstreek  
#29 Posted : 25 June 2016 21:33:19(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
1960s US-prototype four-axle road switcher. Combining existing EMD F7 undercarriage and trucks with V100 or V90 innings plus a new Geep shell should do the job. Like that, Maerklin would finally offer a "full" and plausible loco portfolio for that era.
;o)
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#30 Posted : 25 June 2016 23:59:44(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
I would like to start seeing some repros of either 1930 O gauge trains or some tin battleship from the early 1900's. Perhaps some new old French locos in HO.
Offline xxup  
#31 Posted : 26 June 2016 02:18:25(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Just one lousy Australian loco.. Even a model of the one we pinched from the France in WWI and is now sitting in the Australian War Memorial..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline applor  
#32 Posted : 26 June 2016 05:17:28(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Well after having gone through the process of track design for a layout, I'd love to see them complete their current K track line up (such as correct turnout lanters for double slip points) and new track pieces (such as hosentrager, Y turnout and R4/5 radius curved points).

I know it will never happen though - they only care about C track now. Apart from the lanterns it won't help me anymore regardless:(
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#33 Posted : 26 June 2016 06:00:40(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hey David,

Confused

Hmmm, since the forum file attach routine links to a specific number, I wonder if the original has somehow gotten overwritten with the alternate picture.....

I've taken the liberty of correcting the picture.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline river6109  
#34 Posted : 26 June 2016 06:35:14(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I like to have more money for 2017 and than I may can afford a brass loco from Micro Metakit or more unusual French locos

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline kimballthurlow  
#35 Posted : 26 June 2016 07:19:21(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
I would like to see Maerklin remain in business.
Build exports to India, China and east Asia, Middle East etc.

There are plenty of prototypes for Maerklin to work on.
German builders (Henschell, Borsig etc) made plenty of locos for those customers since the 1890s.
....And Siemens, Bombardier et al still do!

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline NS1200  
#36 Posted : 26 June 2016 07:39:15(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Just one lousy Australian loco.. Even a model of the one we pinched from the France in WWI and is now sitting in the Australian War Memorial..

An Aussie Beyer Garratt would be nice!

http://www.leatham.com.a...15_6_6029/000113_DxO.jpg

Edited by user 26 June 2016 12:01:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NS1200
xxupJay
Offline NS1200  
#37 Posted : 26 June 2016 07:50:31(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
1960s US-prototype four-axle road switcher. Combining existing EMD F7 undercarriage and trucks with V100 or V90 innings plus a new Geep shell should do the job. Like that, Maerklin would finally offer a "full" and plausible loco portfolio for that era.
;o)

Great idea!

In the past,Rivarossi made a large number of USA models,including some Diesels too.
Also,they made some small steamswitchers,rather cute.
Marklin could give it a try.

http://images.collector-...8a8e-e091f5975601_00.jpg

http://www.trainmaster.ch/images/RiRo-1834-3.jpg

As a boy i was with my nose against the windowglass of a small trainshop in Rotterdam seeing these Rivarossi models on display,including the Big Boy!

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline Alsterstreek  
#38 Posted : 26 June 2016 09:48:50(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Well after having gone through the process of track design for a layout, I'd love to see them complete their current K track line up (such as correct turnout lanters for double slip points) and new track pieces (such as hosentrager, Y turnout and R4/5 radius curved points).

I know it will never happen though - they only care about C track now. Apart from the lanterns it won't help me anymore regardless:(

Do you know "Weichen-Walter"? He offers custom-made turnouts for all scales and systems and ships worldwide. E.g., K-track Hosentraeger-Weichen:
http://www.weichen-walte...n/detail/weichenstr.html
Offline Chipopo  
#39 Posted : 26 June 2016 10:10:17(UTC)
Chipopo

Israel   
Maybe Digital "Z" . . . .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Chipopo
Offline Goofy  
#40 Posted : 26 June 2016 10:29:18(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post

I'd love to see a proper model of the Ce 6/8 III 14 305 krok since I know it so well now... Wink

fb_croc.jpg

Juhan...did you even wear crocodile shoes too?? BigGrin

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#41 Posted : 26 June 2016 10:37:11(UTC)
Goofy

I want to see better service from Märklin.
Change back web page to the old style (was better before).
Better information about locomotives like type of motor and please write if it´s mfx 3 decoder.
Change K tracks...rail made of nickel silver and stud contact made same sort of clip contact.
Better lighting effect in some old style era 1 locomotives (not crap square!).
Cheaper function decoder to control the lighting in the wagons (of course there is ESU...RollEyes ).
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline RayF  
#42 Posted : 26 June 2016 11:12:58(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hey David,

Confused

Hmmm, since the forum file attach routine links to a specific number, I wonder if the original has somehow gotten overwritten with the alternate picture.....

I've taken the liberty of correcting the picture.

Thanks! BigGrin

That is a beautiful loco!
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline RayF  
#43 Posted : 26 June 2016 11:20:05(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I think I've posted this before, but what I'd like to see next is more of the older loco tooling replaced with newer compact can motors and silent gear drives. These newer locos are such a joy to watch and to drive smoothly and silently around the layout.

I think we are due for a new Br86 and possibly a new Br44, but there are several other locos that can be produced again in improved form. How about an E32 with accurate chassis to replace the old Primex version?
Ray
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline xxup  
#44 Posted : 26 June 2016 14:04:52(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
...Change back web page to the old style (was better before).....

I agree.. This one is hard to use.. The product database keeps slipping away every time I try to click on it because it keeps loading things that push the box down.. It might work well in Germany, where there is no latency, but it is not good down here.. Further, the pages are too busy - full of unnecessary clutter..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Western Pacific  
#45 Posted : 26 June 2016 16:17:58(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
I've stated it before and repeat it: A range of C-track with concrete sleepers.

No modern high speed or main line railway is built using wooden sleepers today. I could live with only ordinary track pieces being with concrete sleepers and turnouts having wooden, since at least during the early days of the "Neubaustrecken" in Germany that was the case because every sleeper in a turnout is special and that is more easily met using wood, but I would prefer also turnouts with concrete sleepers.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline NS1200  
#46 Posted : 26 June 2016 16:34:36(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Western Pacific Go to Quoted Post
I've stated it before and repeat it: A range of C-track with concrete sleepers.

No modern high speed or main line railway is built using wooden sleepers today. I could live with only ordinary track pieces being with concrete sleepers and turnouts having wooden, since at least during the early days of the "Neubaustrecken" in Germany that was the case because every sleeper in a turnout is special and that is more easily met using wood, but I would prefer also turnouts with concrete sleepers.

I see what you mean but in a way it depends on the era you wish to imitate on your layout.
If the era is either 1,2 or 3 obviously concrete sleepers are no good.
A steamer looks much better on conventional track.
In Holland we have a mix of old fashioned wooden sleepers and concrete sleepers,the former being replaced by the latter when renovation of track is planned.
The highspeed lines are using concrete sleepers because these stretches have been specially designed.

Offline carlos.rivas.16752  
#47 Posted : 26 June 2016 16:54:52(UTC)
carlos.rivas.16752

Spain   
I´d like to see full mfx sound and smoke generator BR 74, BR 75 and BR 93 locos
My blog both in Spanish and English: https://grunewiesen1965.wordpress.com
Offline Hackcell  
#48 Posted : 26 June 2016 18:38:14(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Synchronized smoke generators as the one installed in MTH and ESU locomotives would be a GREAT feature. having the same ammount of smoke no mater the speed of the machine or if it's even moving or not is boooring.

This is what I'm talking about (check at 1m 12s):

?t=1m12s
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#49 Posted : 26 June 2016 20:56:16(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
I would like to see a detailed, well written and unambiguous product specification documentation by Märklin next yearBigGrin This demand is justified considering the huge amount of money we spend to remain a Märklin fan.
This documentation should include
- Detailed operational instructions and impacts of having a smoke unit but running without smoke liquid
- Installing smoke unit with pictures (this differs from locos).
- For the current loco, what is the compatible Märklin rolling stock one could use. Something like "Märklin Recommends" section
- Instructions on fixing small plastic pieces which are supplied with locos and passenger cars (toilet plug and grab rails on few passenger sets, the air blowers for locos)
- And more on cleaning and maintaining tracks, wheels and rolling stocks.

It would be better if they include these and many more with every loco they are going to introduce going further.

PS: Dear Märklin team, I would love it if you include some surprise goodies like re railing track or an h0 loco pilot figure or an MS2 loco card etc. for few randomly selected boxes.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline dickinsonj  
#50 Posted : 28 June 2016 01:13:26(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post
Synchronized smoke generators as the one installed in MTH and ESU locomotives would be a GREAT feature.

That would be a great feature. I know this is off topic, but it brings back memories of my American Flyer steam locomotive that I have had since I was a kid.

There was more room because of the larger scale but it had a piston in the boiler that pumped each time the cylinders cycled. This not only made steam exhaust sounds way, way before sound in trains but it pushed the smoke out in sync with the sound. Cool
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj