Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline johnmarklin  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2016 18:09:06(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Good afternoon fellow Marklin enthusiasts. I hope someone will be able to help me.

I recently bought a Marklin Tolz (Delta version) as a restoration project. The decoder in the locomotive had been completely de-soldered from the wiring harness and consequently there was no indication as to what colour went to what solder pad. Would any member be able to direct me to a website where I would find an image with the harness connected to the board or would any member be able to tell me what wire goes to what pad. The board is Marklin 300026

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.

John
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 28 May 2016 06:21:52(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hi John, can you take a photo of what you have for us please. I do not own one of these & a picture would be helpful. All I found was this: http://web-hgh-moba.de/modellba...4971-bayr-b-vi-t%C3%B6lz

You could also look at this option: http://web-hgh-moba.de/modellba...chnittstelle#downloads-2

Not much info on this loco. Someone in the forum must have one but I personally would be nervous to open it up for pictures due to its fragile body parts. I remember having fun opening "
Klopstok" Scared

Aussie John, this one should be an easy one for you???

Edited by user 28 May 2016 10:22:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

D.A.Banks
Offline johnmarklin  
#3 Posted : 28 May 2016 12:53:49(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Dave,

Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to do the research. I have visited the site already and even though the decoder shown is the exact decoder that I have it does not show any of the cable connections. There is an image of the digital version (8 dip switches) of the decoder for this locomotive shown elsewhere but I am reluctant to wire the board according to this for fear of a fry up Cursing.

I am attaching an image of my decoder in the tender. You will notice that the cables are free. The cables normally run through the draw bar but the draw bar was broken when I got the locomotive (another job to be attended to)!!!

Even though the locomotive is small it is surprisingly easy to dismantle. It is well built mainly of metal, and screwed together instead of push fit as in some other makes. It is actually a pleasure to work with.

John

Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 28 May 2016 19:03:46(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi John,

I broke the draw bar on my 37292 which is a similar loco. When I received the new draw bar I had to de-solder all the wires to pass them through the new draw bar and then solder them again. At the time I made a little diagram with the colours that went on each solder pad, but I can't find it now.

I have to take my loco out and check if it is easy to see the colours of the wires without taking it apart.

I'll let you know.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 28 May 2016 19:14:50(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Here is a photo of my decoder connections. I realise this is not the same decoder as yours but it might help.

UserPostedImage
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline johnmarklin  
#6 Posted : 30 May 2016 00:46:22(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Ray,

Thank you for your message and the image. I am reluctant to connect the cables as on your board because mine is a different board and one solder pad appears to be redundant.

Best wishes,

John
Offline river6109  
#7 Posted : 30 May 2016 09:22:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
from top to bottom, before connecting let me know which wires (colour) are connected to which solder pad.

1.) brown
2.)red
3.) black
4.) orange
5.) blue
6.) green
7.) yellow
8.) grey

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline johnmarklin  
#8 Posted : 30 May 2016 21:25:28(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Thank you for your message. I will use your guide to the connections once I have sorted my broken draw bar. Hopefully I will be up and running soon.

John