Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklin61  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2016 13:36:38(UTC)
marklin61

I know it's a bit early, but I was wondering if any one knew whether the new CS3 plus is likely to support the 60128 interface. ? Given I have a large assortment of series 763xx signals ( with V2 software) which I power separately via my 6021 ( via 60128 interface) to CS2 . This is needed overcome the reliability issues as I don't fancy sending 70 signals from NZ back to Germany for the needed software/ firmware fix. This separation is the only reliable way to get the signals to response consistently, and I am looking at the CS 3 as a upgrade to manage my ever increasing layout.!
Steve...............

Life with Pinot Noir, Chocolate and Marklin trains..........
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2016 03:48:00(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: marklin61 Go to Quoted Post
I know it's a bit early, but I was wondering if any one knew whether the new CS3 plus is likely to support the 60128 interface. ? Given I have a large assortment of series 763xx signals ( with V2 software) which I power separately via my 6021 ( via 60128 interface) to CS2 . This is needed overcome the reliability issues as I don't fancy sending 70 signals from NZ back to Germany for the needed software/ firmware fix. This separation is the only reliable way to get the signals to response consistently, and I am looking at the CS 3 as a upgrade to manage my ever increasing layout.!

Indeed it is too early, because as usual Märklin announces new articles, but they are not able to deliver them. A very poor attitude, in my opinion. Nevertheless in the German message boards is already a big discussion about the CS 3 and CS 3 plus, although nobody has them yet.

But I think, if you buy a CS3 plus, you must change nothing in your configuration, because you just connect your CS2 with the CS3 plus and you should go ahead as usual. Do you have one or more CS2? This may influence your configuration. Because if you have only 1 CS2, then you have to decide which one of both - CS2 or CS3 plus - will be the "master" and which one will be the "slave".

What might happen too, is that perhaps you put a "Terminal" 60125 into your configuration. I write "Terminal" in quotationmarks, because it does not terminate anything. In my opinion it is the opposite. It is a hub, where you can attach various other digital devices together, like a CS2, booster, MS2, 60128 connect-6021 and so on.

Sorry for my English. I am a German and not very much used yet, to all these specific words and meanings of the technical features in English. So please feel free to ask back, if you do not understand my text. I do have a similar problem with Märklin itself. They are using English words for technical supplies, I myself do not understand. Example is "terminal" instead of "hub" or "switchbox".

Another example e.g. is the 60122, named "MS-II-Hub". Actually for me it is a connecting center to attach up to a maximum of 5 MS 2 controller to the so called "Digital Connector Box" 60113. For me it is not a hub, because the flow is always in one direction (from the controller MS2 via the modem 60113 to the tracks) get together 5 pieces into 1 device. Whereas for me, a hub has incoming and outgoing possibilities to attach, connect or switch devices in both flow directions.
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 01 June 2016 06:24:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Welcome to the forum.. Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 01 June 2016 07:53:57(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
What might happen too, is that perhaps you put a "Terminal" 60125 into your configuration. I write "Terminal" in quotationmarks, because it does not terminate anything.
The last Terminal in the daisy-chain terminates the CAN bus. The CAN bus can be up to 100 m long, but both ends must then be terminated. Devices connected to the Terminals (the CS2 has an internal "Terminal") do not terminate the bus, but the cable length must be limited.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 01 June 2016 18:54:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Sorry for my English. I am a German and not very much used yet, to all these specific words and meanings of the technical features in English. So please feel free to ask back, if you do not understand my text. I do have a similar problem with Märklin itself. They are using English words for technical supplies, I myself do not understand. Example is "terminal" instead of "hub" or "switchbox".

Your English is doing fine. If you have confusion over some terms they use feel free to ask.

Another example e.g. is the 60122, named "MS-II-Hub". Actually for me it is a connecting center to attach up to a maximum of 5 MS 2 controller to the so called "Digital Connector Box" 60113. For me it is not a hub, because the flow is always in one direction (from the controller MS2 via the modem 60113 to the tracks) get together 5 pieces into 1 device. Whereas for me, a hub has incoming and outgoing possibilities to attach, connect or switch devices in both flow directions.

I am quite happy for the term 'hub' to be used for this box. To be a hub the flow doesn't have to be bidirectional, although it often would be.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan