Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline morsing  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2016 21:55:56(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
"Message body cannot be empty"
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2016 22:01:37(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post
Today? PM? Title?
Lots of useful information could be in the body.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2016 23:06:34(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

You mean this one?

Timeshift -
Series 12: 7. The Joy of (Train) Sets http://www.bbc.co.uk/ipl...-7-the-joy-of-train-sets
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline michelvr  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2016 23:25:14(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   

Only in England, Pity!

Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 06 May 2016 10:16:57(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
You can try to use a VPN to get BBC programmes online. I use one called "Hola" which seems to work well with Chrome.

https://hola.org/

Whatever happened to the great idea from the 1990s of having a "free skies" policy for broadcasting across frontiers? The BBC seems fixated on only allowing UK TV license holders the right to receive their programmes, but I would be quite willing to pay that license fee for the chance to watch their excellent output. There are millions of expat Brits around Europe and the rest of the world who would very willingly swell the BBC's coffers if only they had the chance...
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 06 May 2016 11:08:11(UTC)
Goofy

And hola means hello.
Well well...
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Timnomads  
#7 Posted : 06 May 2016 11:17:18(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Is this the one on YOUTUBE

Tim
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Timnomads
Offline hxmiesa  
#8 Posted : 06 May 2016 12:15:12(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Whatever happened to the great idea from the 1990s of having a "free skies" policy for broadcasting across frontiers? The BBC seems fixated on only allowing UK TV license holders the right to receive their programmes, but I would be quite willing to pay that license fee for the chance to watch their excellent output. There are millions of expat Brits around Europe and the rest of the world who would very willingly swell the BBC's coffers if only they had the chance...

Yeah, I aggree. Sucks!
I suppose (speculate) that it has something to do with RIGHTS; Maybe a channel/broadcaster only pays a certain amount, as long as they only broadcast/icast within a certain geographical area. -Also that way the owners of teh original content can sell it to many more boradcasters...

The use of VPN services is indeed a good idea. I travel the whole world on my job, and use it all the time. -And it is really simple to set up; lots of (free and not so free) websites who offer and explains how-to.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline xxup  
#9 Posted : 06 May 2016 13:13:41(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Thanks for that Tim.. I have just finished watching all four parts.. Loved it!
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline michelvr  
#10 Posted : 06 May 2016 14:33:06(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for that Tim.. I have just finished watching all four parts.. Loved it!

Loved watching part one!

I'll need your help is seeing the next three parts, can you post then here for us unfortunate ones in Canada.

Thanks,

Michel

Offline RayF  
#11 Posted : 06 May 2016 14:43:15(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
When you run part 1 above select "Watch on Youtube.com" on the bottom bar of the video. There you will see the other parts displayed along the right hand side of the screen.
Ray
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline kiwiAlan  
#12 Posted : 06 May 2016 18:27:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
You can try to use a VPN to get BBC programmes online. I use one called "Hola" which seems to work well with Chrome.

Well, on a trip to the UK you could get a Freesat set top box and get ALL the UK free to air programmes off satellite. Just come back from the Vendee region in France and the Gite we rented was set up like this. Not a solution for people outside Europe though.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline michelvr  
#13 Posted : 06 May 2016 19:36:44(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Ray, Tim and all,

Just finished watching all four episodes, interesting how it all relates to keeping yourself entertained and happy!

Michel
Offline Webmaster  
#14 Posted : 06 May 2016 21:06:28(UTC)
Webmaster

Even the "six-fingered dad" that was in a quiz a long time ago (by steventrain, if I remember correctly..) is shown in the program... BigGrin

6fingersHornby.JPG

6fingersHornby2.JPG
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline RayF  
#15 Posted : 06 May 2016 22:48:46(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Well, on a trip to the UK you could get a Freesat set top box and get ALL the UK free to air programmes off satellite. Just come back from the Vendee region in France and the Gite we rented was set up like this. Not a solution for people outside Europe though.

That used to work throughout Europe, but recently the UK channels have moved to a satellite with a much tighter footprint which is not receivable outside the immediate vicinity of the British Isles. Certainly Gibraltar is not within the footprint.
Ray
Offline lgbjohann  
#16 Posted : 07 May 2016 19:44:27(UTC)
lgbjohann

United States   
Just watched the entire video. Fantastic. We have been studying the economic implications of hobbies in general and model trains in particular. The opening section on the business side of British model railways was of great interest. Now the history of these great brands, Hornby, Trix, Tri-ang, et al, as presented, has a deeper meaning and a greater understanding of the business side manufacturers must contend with to remain, well..., in business. My wife was born in London and misses shows of this caliber by the BBC. There is only so much "Downer Abbey" one can stomachBlink

In any road, amazing.
Thanks for sharing!BigGrin
John
Offline Webmaster  
#17 Posted : 07 May 2016 20:30:42(UTC)
Webmaster

Even if Märklin was not mentioned, Meccano was sold as Märklin-Meccano in Germany before WW1.
Märklin also supplied the clockwork motors for Meccano kits. So they had a cooperation going on,
but the war seems to have ended it for known reasons and Märklin started with their Metallbaukasten.

I also loved the Basset-Lowke story in part 1, especially the emphasis on "models, not toys"...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#18 Posted : 08 May 2016 00:46:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I saw in the opening credits some images of 'Bill and Ben, the flower pot men'.

I used to love watching that program as a kid!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#19 Posted : 08 May 2016 00:49:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz