Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline poppa-7  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2016 00:17:51(UTC)
poppa-7

Hello everyone.
My BR91 Catalogue number 39195 has a C-sine motor which has now has a faulty decoder, the sound no longer functions and I can't alter the B&A .
Of course Marklin no longer have the decoder as a spare part. I could replace the C-sine motor with a 5 pole drum type motor by replacing the whole drive train.
I would rather not have to do this as the C-sine motor runs beautifully.
Any ideas please.
Regards
Russell
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2016 07:57:43(UTC)
H0

Hi, Russel!
Originally Posted by: poppa-7 Go to Quoted Post
My BR91 Catalogue number 39195 has a C-sine motor which has now has a faulty decoder, the sound no longer functions and I can't alter the B&A .
Is the loco still driving? Lack of sound could be a speaker problem.
I guess B&A means ABD? ABD is changed with a screwdriver in the loco, not on the controller.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2016 13:11:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Russel,

It happened to me with a C-sine BR23 (39230). The sound disappeared for more than a few weeks and then it came back after many decoder resets using a CS2.

I suggest you try:
- reset the decoder to factory values (using a CS2)
- use analogue power run for a while.

I tried all this for a while and then, for an obscure reason, the sound came back.

Note: Marklin factory still repairs (replace) those decoders at the factory but it is quite expensive (I had a C-sine Schienenbus repaired but it costed me over 150€ with a 4 month waiting time, I had also a Henschel-Wegman Lok with C-Sine -26610 repaired at factory for over 160€).
Seems that the C-Sine decoders are very fragile.

I hope you will solve your problems without shipping your loco to Göppingen
Cheers

Jean
Offline biedmatt  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2016 13:24:27(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I did this to my 39195:

http://www.sb-modellbau....oducts_id=471&cPath=

It now runs even better than the sinus drive and I have a modern decoder with full sound. But, it required an extensive amount of machining. By far my most difficult conversion.

You may also find something here:

https://www.marklin-user...Marklin-factory-decoders

But if is just the sound that has failed, I'd first try a new speaker as Tom recommends.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 28 April 2016 14:52:18(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
I suggest you try:
- reset the decoder to factory values (using a CS2)
You cannot reset decoders with DIP switches using a CS2.
The 39195 has a different motor and a completely different decoder than your BR 23 and your BR 61.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 28 April 2016 16:06:15(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
its a learning curve for me, to follow all the different decoders and motors, not like the good old days, 2 motor type: large and small flat armature with 2 different coil magnets. and than a 3rd one arrived for a long long time: 3 pol drum armature with 1 different coil magnet.
I wonder is it technology what drives this company to change motors or is it just the fish of the day and gone tomorrow ?

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline poppa-7  
#7 Posted : 29 April 2016 09:24:31(UTC)
poppa-7

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Russel!
Is the loco still driving? Lack of sound could be a speaker problem.
I guess B&A means ABD? ABD is changed with a screwdriver in the loco, not on the controller.

Hi
Thanks for your reply
Yes the loco runs runs like a dream Typical C-Sine. and yes B&A is Acceleration & Braking (ABD) sorry I'm not up to speed with all the abbreviations although getting here with the forums help.
Did not see "pot" on the decoder to adjust ABD only because I did not look as I thought I would be able to change the on The CS2.
Loco currently with Dion from TootToot for investigation, and speakers were checked no fault.
Regards
Russell
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by poppa-7
H0
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 29 April 2016 09:44:03(UTC)
H0

Did not see "pot" on the decoder to adjust ABD only because I did not look as I thought I would be able to change the on The CS2.
There is another pot for the volume level IIRC. There must be a symbol for the function key on the CS2 - CS2 function keys do not work if there is no symbol associated with them.

Dion will be able to tell you whether there is a fault with the loco.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline poppa-7  
#9 Posted : 29 April 2016 10:54:38(UTC)
poppa-7

Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
I did this to my 39195:

http://www.sb-modellbau....oducts_id=471&cPath=

It now runs even better than the sinus drive and I have a modern decoder with full sound. But, it required an extensive amount of machining. By far my most difficult conversion.

You may also find something here:

https://www.marklin-user...Marklin-factory-decoders

But if is just the sound that has failed, I'd first try a new speaker as Tom recommends.

Hi do you still have 39195 decoder with sinus motor squawk box and speaker for sale.
Regards
Russell
Offline biedmatt  
#10 Posted : 29 April 2016 11:32:23(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   

Hi do you still have 39195 decoder with sinus motor squawk box and speaker for sale.
Regards
Russell

Hi Russell, I still have all the parts. It is the complete electronics, motor and speaker lifted from the loko when I converted it to a conventional DC motor.
Matt
Era 3
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline poppa-7  
#11 Posted : 30 April 2016 00:02:05(UTC)
poppa-7

Regards
Russell

Hi Russell, I still have all the parts. It is the complete electronics, motor and speaker lifted from the loko when I converted it to a conventional DC motor.

Hi Thats fantastic. I wondered if you could sent me an invoice for the full amount please.
My address is
Russell J D McKay
7 Jasmine Place
Summerhill
Palmerston North 4410
New Zealand.

Offline biedmatt  
#12 Posted : 30 April 2016 00:45:32(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   

Regards
Russell

Hi Thats fantastic. I wondered if you could sent me an invoice for the full amount please.
My address is

I can send the bits out Monday. It looks like $100US. Decoder at $35, sinus motor at $60 and $5 for the squawk box and speaker. Shipping will be around $15. Once you receive it and it suits your needs, contact me about payment.

Edited by user 30 April 2016 12:50:07(UTC)  | Reason: Removed address from post

Matt
Era 3
Offline MalinAC  
#13 Posted : 30 April 2016 09:28:23(UTC)
MalinAC

Ireland   
Hi poppa-T ,not wise to put your name and address in post. Should use pm feature. Take care Eddie
Offline poppa-7  
#14 Posted : 01 May 2016 22:52:40(UTC)
poppa-7

Originally Posted by: MalinAC Go to Quoted Post
Hi poppa-T ,not wise to put your name and address in post. Should use pm feature. Take care Eddie

Hi thanks for that.
In my excitement about being able to get the items i forgot about the PM.
Cheers
Russell
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by poppa-7