Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vnangli  
#1 Posted : 17 April 2016 05:37:24(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Gurus,
Continuing my exploration with the 29791 loco, I ran into this problem.

As soon as I place the loco on the track, it starts running.
I tried resetting the MS. Cleared all locos from the MS.
Even with no locos registered or listed, as soon as I place the 29791 loco on the track it starts running.

I am not sure what's going on here. At the same time, in place of this loco if place another loco things are running smoothly and are predictable.

How can reset this loco back?

Thanks
Offline sjbartels  
#2 Posted : 17 April 2016 05:41:39(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: vnangli Go to Quoted Post
Gurus,

Even with no locos registered or listed, as soon as I place the 29791 loco on the track it starts running.

I am not sure what's going on here. At the same time, in place of this loco if place another loco things are running smoothly and are predictable.

Thanks

Sounds like something is wrong with the loco decoder to me. If you place an analogue loco on a digital track, this is exactly what happens.
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline vnangli  
#3 Posted : 17 April 2016 05:57:18(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: sjbartels Go to Quoted Post
Gurus,

Thanks

Sounds like something is wrong with the loco decoder to me. If you place an analogue loco on a digital track, this is exactly what happens.

Doesn't the 29791 loco come with digital decoder functions? At least that's what I read in the product details for 29791 ICE 2 loco...My newest problem is, as soon as I place the loco on tracks it keeps running uncontrollably.

Any help is appreciated.
Vijay
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 17 April 2016 08:24:22(UTC)
H0

Is it the loco that was just blinking in the beginning:
https://www.marklin-user...arklin-29791-programming

Usually it is very inefficient to discuss the problems of one loco in more than one threads.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline vnangli  
#5 Posted : 17 April 2016 13:15:42(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Is it the loco that was just blinking in the beginning:
https://www.marklin-user...arklin-29791-programming

Usually it is very inefficient to discuss the problems of one loco in more than one threads.

I apologize for the confusion I created with multiple threads, I should have closed the "Marklin 29791 Programming" thread as the issue was resolved. All I did was reset the MS to factory defaults, it puzzled me initially that the loco started functioning with a reset on the MS.
But the joy was short lived. As I was testing few of my other locos, I removed the ICE loco from the track for a short while, but when I put it back it started running without any instructions. Hence I had to start this thread.

Now, to resolve the newest problem what I did is
1) to remove all the programmed locos from the MS and reset to factory defaults
2) set the locos protocol on MS to MFX, MM2 , DCC

Even without any locos listed in the MS, the ICE loco starts running in high speed as soon as I put it on the tracks.

I checked if my other locos have the same issue, it didn't seem like it.

Vijay
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 17 April 2016 18:09:37(UTC)
H0

It is an important bit of information that the ICE was under control for a while.

Many recent decoders remember the last speed setting.
So it is no wonder that the loco continues to run when the loco list in the MS2 is empty.

If you once again have an address mismatch (MS2 sending with the wrong address) then the loco will continue to run until you find the correct address.

Resetting the decoder in the ICE is worth a few tries IMHO.
This may fail when the ICE is driving, therefore more than 1 attempts may be appropriate.
Maybe try the Reset while the MS2 is in STOP mode. Press STOP and hope the lights on the loco will blink while the loco remains to stand still.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline vnangli  
#7 Posted : 17 April 2016 19:16:30(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
It is an important bit of information that the ICE was under control for a while.

Many recent decoders remember the last speed setting.
So it is no wonder that the loco continues to run when the loco list in the MS2 is empty.

If you once again have an address mismatch (MS2 sending with the wrong address) then the loco will continue to run until you find the correct address.

Resetting the decoder in the ICE is worth a few tries IMHO.
This may fail when the ICE is driving, therefore more than 1 attempts may be appropriate.
Maybe try the Reset while the MS2 is in STOP mode. Press STOP and hope the lights on the loco will blink while the loco remains to stand still.

It seems like the ICE is back in control.

I have a very limited space allotted on the dining table BigGrin , due to which I have set up a straight track strip about 2 1/2 ft long on which I test my locos. When the ICE loco started behaving unpredictably and running without instructions, the loco would always over run the track by the time I would do a reset. So, I set up a loop and let the loco run. While the loco would be running, I did a loco reset in the MS. And that's it...The loco is under control...

Now, I have to sadly return the space on the dining table...Sad

Thanks again for the guidance.
Offline hxmiesa  
#8 Posted : 18 April 2016 11:18:35(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Now, I have to sadly return the space on the dining table.

That statement is totally unacceptable! ;-)
Unheard of, even...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com