Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2016 17:09:45(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone.
In this picture bellow you can see why 74490/74491 is so poor to turn Märklin turnouts.
Burned contacts as you can see. And the workaround is to weld a bridge to the contacts so that switch is not a switch any more.

https://www.marklin-user.../siroljuk/74491parts.pdf

So why not use switches to another task... to show electrically status of that turnout by using for instance LED or relay or whatever.

I have yesterday ordered few micro switches for trying to use them for showing status by lighting LED.
Switch is not very expensive only 1,5 euros and if you change 74491 before you use it then you have switches all ready in place, need only to remove welding from contacts and use some glue to place the switch. I have done this and it works fine.
As you all know 74490/91 works fine without those switches even manually but particularly with digital.

I have few Viessmann 4558 turnout motors and there you can find contacts for relays or led's to show the state of turnout.

What do you think would it make sens to do this kind of modifications? At least I like to do all kinds of experiments.BigGrin BigGrin

Happy Training everyone

Regards

Jukka

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by siroljuk