Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dwptravel  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2016 23:25:26(UTC)
dwptravel

United States   
I acquired a used CS1 to replace some old MS1 controllers. I had it register (automatically) an MFX railcar (the 37505 as it happens). Later, I deleted the loco, but put it back on the track to register it and it won't do so automatically. And the CS1 database does not contain it. How do I get it to re-register? And is there any way to update the CS1 loco database?
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2016 00:12:23(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
This sounds like a situation where the decoder still has record of his host CS1 ID and is not responding to the "any one new out there" poll from the CS1. because it does not consider itself 'new' to this controller.
It is exacerbated if the decoder had any functions on or speed set as its last know commands BUT was not on the powered track when you performed the delete. (e.g. in a dead section)

You may have a firmware version issue (CS1 or decoder) . Where the controller should (at a slower interval) ask for status from ALL decoders.

However, given your reference to a MS1, I suggest you connect the loco to a track controlled by that MS1 (so the decoder detects a new controller ID) and then put it back with the CS1. This time it should respond to the "anyone new" because the controller ID has changed.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
H0
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 14 February 2016 07:47:36(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: dwptravel Go to Quoted Post
And is there any way to update the CS1 loco database?
If your CS1 has version 2.0.3 you can update to version 2.0.4.
Märklin stopped providing updates about 8 years ago. No more database updates for MS1 either.

mfx locos are not included in the database. Those register automatically - or refuse to work.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Johnvr  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2016 09:03:58(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hello,

You can try a "Factory Reset" and then start again loading your locos.
It doesn't take long if they are MFX and even if they are not, a manual load is quick.

Regards,
John
Offline dwptravel  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2016 00:37:17(UTC)
dwptravel

United States   
I tried the suggestion of hooking up an MS1 to the layout and put the 37505 on it (the MFX symbol flashed a couple of times), and then hooked the CS1 up again, and it still would not register it. I then took it off the layout, and, after waiting a while, I hit factory reset on the CS1 and put it back on and it still won't automatically register. (Another MFX loco did re-register normally.) So looking at the 37505 manual, it said the address was 20, so I set that up a loco manually with that as the address, and the loco does nothing. I am wondering if something has fried it, though I can't think of how that happened.
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 15 February 2016 02:03:25(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I tried the suggestion of hooking up an MS1 to the layout and put the 37505 on it (the MFX symbol flashed a couple of times), and then hooked the CS1 up again, and it still would not register it. I then took it off the layout, and, after waiting a while, I hit factory reset on the CS1 and put it back on and it still won't automatically register. (Another MFX loco did re-register normally.) So looking at the 37505 manual, it said the address was 20, so I set that up a loco manually with that as the address, and the loco does nothing. I am wondering if something has fried it, though I can't think of how that happened.

a.) whether or not your factory reset was done correctly, you put the loco onto the track and than hit the factory reset button, another problem could occur when your change the setting on your loco and it will not register,

b.) try it on the programming track and re-register it and see what happens.

regards.,

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 15 February 2016 08:07:17(UTC)
H0

So looking at the 37505 manual, it said the address was 20, so I set that up a loco manually with that as the address, and the loco does nothing.
That's by design. 20 is the address for the MM protocol. In the presence of an mfx controller, the decoder ignores all MM instructions.
Sometimes it helps to wait a fortnight or two and then try again.

You said mfx was flashing on your MS1. Better don't connect the MS1 to the layout, instead use a short test track with MS1. Reset the MS1, then put the loco on the track. mfx should stop flashing after a few seconds and the name of the loco should appear on the screen.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Tom Jessop  
#8 Posted : 15 February 2016 09:50:15(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Im not a expert but have you tried doing a search for the locomotive using the CS! software . A few times I have had to do this & then the errant engine came to life .

Cheers Tom in Oz.