Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vnangli  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2016 04:33:17(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Members,
I recently purchased Marklin 42795,6 car set.
I chose one of the cars from the set which has a current conducting coupler, to be pulled by Marklin 37324 which has relex coupler (I think!!!). And I wasnt able connect them.
Am I doing anything wrong? I wanted to see the lights inside the passenger car glow...But never got to that point.

I would be grateful to any help...

Thanks
Offline foumaro  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2016 04:52:31(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
First of all the 37324 have not relex couplers.You must set the train to the rails with the right way,The baggage car with the slider must be always the last car of the train.The other baggage car have two different couplers,one special conducting coupler and the other ordinary coupler which is connected with the locomotive.If you are trying to connect the locomotive with the wrong coupler it will not work.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 12 February 2016 22:19:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: vnangli Go to Quoted Post
Members,
I recently purchased Marklin 42795,6 car set.
I chose one of the cars from the set which has a current conducting coupler, to be pulled by Marklin 37324 which has relex coupler (I think!!!). And I wasnt able connect them.
Am I doing anything wrong? I wanted to see the lights inside the passenger car glow...But never got to that point.

I would be grateful to any help...

Thanks

If you wanted to test the lighting, you need to use at least the baggage coach with the slider plus one additional coach.

Are you sure about the number for your locomotive? 37324 is a green Swiss Re 6/6 with 7203 close couplers at both ends.

The 42795 CIWL set comes equipped with current conducting couplers. These couplers transmit the centre rail power to the consist from a slider mounted on the baggage coach. I know that the baggage coach has a normal 7203 coupler at one end to couple with the locomotive. I believe that the rest of the coaches are equipped with 72020 current conducting close couplers, including the last coach in the set, which is intended to couple with the add on coach set (42796).
Since you are not keeping the 42796 additional coaches (as per your other post), you can check to see if the 42795 provides an extra 7203 in the box to replace the current conducting coupler at the rear of the train.

If you are using an older locomotive without 7203 at the end, it is important that it not come into contact with the current conducting coupler, as the older metal couplers were often connected to the ground, which would cause a short circuit. If coupling with an older locomotive, you may want to replace the 72020 coupler (with the little brass tongue) with a normal hook (7205) coupler.

Please check the model number of your locomotive so that we can provide more precise information on how to proceed.

Regards

Mike C
Offline vnangli  
#4 Posted : 13 February 2016 12:00:32(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
I was wrong when I mentioned that 37324 has relex couplers.But I did use 37324 and one of the passenger cars and not the baggage car to test the lights. And that is when I ran into this problem.
I saw your response and it makes perfect sense.

Thanks again for such a detailed reply.

The cars in the set are really beautiful.

VJ