Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Cabegye  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2016 05:40:40(UTC)
Cabegye

United States   
Hello everyone,
Crying Once again looking for Marklin parts.Crying
Today I'm in need of one coupler pocket for Marklin car 4207.
If anyone of the prestigious and helpful members of this forum have a clu of this part number, and wants to help, I will be very thankful.BigGrin

Cheers
Carlos
Offline NS1200  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2016 20:43:44(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Dear Carlos,

Your question is a good one and needs time to answer!
The coupler itself is no problem but if you need the coupler holder which is attached to the car that is another story.
I have tried to find it on internet to no avail.
I will make another attempt over the weekend.
I have the same series of cars,a total of six coupled together 2 by 2.,Marklin 42021,great value for money!
Perhaps this gives a clue.

Is the coupling mechanism as attached to the car having a swiveling construction for sharp corners?
If yes,there should be a V shaped groove in the underside of the coaches.

Please do not dispair,help is on its way!

Paul.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 12 February 2016 22:03:25(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Maerklin used to have in the catalog a page that would list for coaches, the replacement axles, bogies, couplers and coupling shaft numbers. The 4207 was produced from 1987 to 1992 according to Hfkern's website, so the appropriate information should appear in at least 1988-1992 catalogs and maybe later ones too.

I could not find the listing for the coupling shaft in the 1993 catalog. I will check to see which years I have dealer catalogs for and check whether there is more information inside.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 13 February 2016 10:11:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Cabegye  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2016 03:46:55(UTC)
Cabegye

United States   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Dear Carlos,

Your question is a good one and needs time to answer!
The coupler itself is no problem but if you need the coupler holder which is attached to the car that is another story.
I have tried to find it on internet to no avail.
I will make another attempt over the weekend.
I have the same series of cars,a total of six coupled together 2 by 2.,Marklin 42021,great value for money!
Perhaps this gives a clue.

Is the coupling mechanism as attached to the car having a swiveling construction for sharp corners?
If yes,there should be a V shaped groove in the underside of the coaches.

Please do not dispair,help is on its way!

Paul.

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Maerklin used to have in the catalog a page that would list for coaches, the replacement axles, bogies, couplers and coupling shaft numbers. The 4207 was produced from 1987 to 1992 according to Hfkern's website, so the appropriate information should appear in at least 1988-1992 catalogs and maybe later ones too.

I could not find the listing for the coupling shaft in the 1993 catalog. I will check to see which years I have dealer catalogs for and check whether there is more information inside.

Regards

Mike C

Dears
Paul and Mike,
Thank you gentleman for your interest in helping me, but finally and after an exhaustive search on the net, I did come up with the Part Number of the coupler pocket for the Prussian passenger compartment double cars 4206, 4207, 4208 and 4209.
I did communicate with Märklin DE, but they did not answer my e-mails, so far!
I also tried the catalogs which I do have, on an intent to find out the part in need, and nothing no info on the coupler pockets or any other part beside the normal servicing parts.
Like Paul says the coupler itself is not the problem, I do have those.
Anyways at the moment I did localized these parts # 313940 and guess what, Walthers has these parts in stock, as per they're web page, I also found some on e-Bay, the problem was the unknown P/N, now resolved.
I’ll try to post some pictures of it, and some of another little part for the Märklin 4209 that I also need the P/N and cannot find.
This part is the car number plate # 3798 that goes in between the roof and the side of the car. Again if someone can help with this P/N, I will be very grateful.

Thank you all
Cheers
Carlos
Offline NS1200  
#5 Posted : 22 February 2016 10:24:01(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Carlos,just for your peace of mind,i asked the question to the customer service department of Marklin in Germany and got a response back saying that it can take some time before they have an answer.
Apparently there are a lot of questions about parts.....

There is a paradox with all these plastic little bits,on the one hand they offer great detail,on the other hand they get damaged more easily.
Life was more simple in the mid sixties,when a lot of Marklin stuff was made of tinplate,and locomotives of army steel!

You see the same paradox everywhere in society.
If something with electronics breakes down,the most economical option seems to be buying new apparatus.

Why not buy the set 42041 (not 42021) and use the older cars as spares?

http://assets.catawiki.n...e3-9090-a40b181e08d1.jpg

Cheers,
Paul.
Offline Cabegye  
#6 Posted : 22 February 2016 19:57:35(UTC)
Cabegye

United States   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Carlos,just for your peace of mind,i asked the question to the customer service department of Marklin in Germany and got a response back saying that it can take some time before they have an answer.
Apparently there are a lot of questions about parts.....

There is a paradox with all these plastic little bits,on the one hand they offer great detail,on the other hand they get damaged more easily.
Life was more simple in the mid sixties,when a lot of Marklin stuff was made of tinplate,and locomotives of army steel!

You see the same paradox everywhere in society.
If something with electronics breakes down,the most economical option seems to be buying new apparatus.

Why not buy the set 42041 (not 42021) and use the older cars as spares?

http://assets.catawiki.n...e3-9090-a40b181e08d1.jpg

Cheers,
Paul.

Dear Paul,
In dead I’m really thankful for your help and time consuming with the search of the parts I need.
I am totally agree with you when you Sayed that on the sixties life was more simple. Yes, everything made out of tin and all analogue, things worked and it was fun to see the trains going somewhere in the layout, now with all the technology it seems to be more difficult rather than easier.
As an Aircraft mechanical Engineer, I understand technology, and I like to fix things, and that is one of the reasons I am always looking for parts, I don’t like the simple solution of buying another apparatus to fix the problem, and when I can put my hands on a let’s say Locomotive or car for parts I always do it. The thing is that in this case I couldn’t find any car for parts or at a reasonable price, and there is also the sentimental factor; these cars were offered to me by my Mother who just passed away a couple of months after that, and as you can imagine they have a tremendous sentimental value for me. I also sought in the possibility of purchasing a new set 42041, but then, again is the sentimental feeling, maybe I am too sentimental I don’t know, the other reason I did not buy a 42041 set is that my provider told me that it is possible that Märklin will come out again with these cars in a new set maybe next year or in two more years due to the tooling they used for the 42041 was too expensive just to drop it like that, so I will wait on that to extend my train with another car set. If this won’t happen, oh well…
As for the other part, the little plate, I think I’ll have to wait on Märklin’s answer if it comes someday, at least this part does not affect the cars operation at all it is just a cosmetic detail.
Anyways, I think that Märklin should have, by now, an exploded view and a parts list for all the cars in their program as they do with the locomotives, it looks like @ Märklin nobody cares about cars and/or car maintenance,
At the end of the row it will be easier for everyone.
They have the technology!!!
Once again thank you for the help and if you have any news from Märklin, please let me know.
Thank you
Take care
Carlos
P.D. Please accept my apologies if my English is not that good. My birth country is Portugal, Birth and raised in Lisbon, Left to Ecuador in 1979 and to the States in 2001. Aviation is like that. LOL LOL That’s why my hobby are the trains. Ha!!!LOL LOL
Offline NS1200  
#7 Posted : 22 February 2016 20:19:46(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Carlos,

My mother passed away in 2003 at the age of 71,way too young.
I know how it feels.

I work in ocean shipping,buying spareparts for vessels.
Also here,i have seen a shift from analogue to digital.
A lot of navigation and monitoring equipment is containing PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) which break down due to vibrations and heath.
Suppliers then say that these PCBs are too old and no longer produced,what????
An ocean going vessel has a lifespan of 20 to 30 years.
I have a small Ford with a digital clock,for me very hard to adjust the time,even with the instructionmanual close.
In the old days,cars had an analogue clock,you could easily adjust by turning the small knob.
I think they call it progress.

Your English is just fine,perhaps better than my Dutch,which we Dutchmen find a hard language to master,hahaha.

And talking about planes:

Cheers,
Paul.
Offline Cabegye  
#8 Posted : 22 February 2016 23:09:22(UTC)
Cabegye

United States   
There you go,
That's the reason I never learned Dutch or German. Wow! To hard man! I just stay with Portuguese, English, Spanish, and very little French, I did forgot all my French, too many years living in Ecuador where nobody speaks French.
Lovely that F-16 is it from the Navy, Air Force or just Acrobatics?
About progress I have 3 Sons the oldest is 35 years old and the youngest is 30 years old, you don’t imagine how they treat me, just because of the new technology specially the communicating tech.
I-phones, I-pads, I-tv, I-…, I-…
Even when I have a problem with these apparatus, I call my grandson who has only 9 years old, he can resolve many of those things I can't.
Nothing against progress!
Cheers
Carlos

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Cabegye
Offline NS1200  
#9 Posted : 23 February 2016 07:47:58(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Carlos,

I am 60 years young but i must have missed the boat at some stage.
I am still able to keep up with the basic technology required to keep up with daily requirements,that is it.
Our government wants to stop sending tax forms by mail,from now on only digital.
My father age 82 has no clue how to fill in such a digital nightmare.
Is our government gone nuts?

The F-16 in the clip is a special demonstration model,the colors are not standard.
We have a small number of F-16 fighters in our airforce,to be replaced by the JSF,some say the F-16 is better.
My all time favorite is the P-51 Mustang,the Cadillac of the skies.

Dutch: yeah,it is hard,but it can be mastered eventually,given the occasional grammar error.
Certain basic grammar you can only learn from your parents when very young,for foreigners almost impossible to understand,in particular difference between male/female/neutral words.

Cheers,
Paul