Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 09 February 2016 01:09:01(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Good Evening,

I've been trying to find these passenger cars (Marklin 43479) but no luck? My Marklin dealer said they are not in his database so he is unable to order. Can someone please tell me where I can order them?

Thanks.

Michel
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2016 04:10:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Michel,

that item was manufactured for Maerklin Switzerland and was available to the Swiss dealer network. If you need a set (2 coaches), I can see if I can locate a dealer who will ship to Canada for you. The price was between 125 and 149 CHF plus shipping. I think that the exchange rate is about 1.40CAD per 1 CHF.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2016 04:47:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you can't locate the Maerklin set, there were also two Roco (Fleischmann) sets for AC each consisting of 3 coaches to go with the Re 420 LION.
The Roco sets were numbered 64132 and 64133. These coaches are slightly longer than the Maerklin 27cm coaches, but at 28.4cm, they can still be used on Maerklin tracks.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline michelvr  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2016 19:17:22(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
I have to say what a small world we live in!

I ordered 2 of the Marklin 43479 sets last night and received a your items shipped this morning, delivery between February 10-15.

If that happens I will post a reply!!!!!!!

Regards,

Michel
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2016 02:40:36(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Depending on where it was shipped from, it could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In Switzerland, a dealer in Zurich could see packages taken to Kloten the same day and put on a plane overseas. The same could be said for Frankfurt in Germany. If it was shipped out of the country within a day, it could potentially clear customs in Canada within a day or two and be on it's way. As you are in Ontario, the closer that you are to Toronto, the faster you will likely get your item. Many of my orders enter Canada in Toronto and then require a day or two to get to Montreal. US arrivals in NYC normally take anywhere from 24-72 hours to get processed at JFK, moved through customs and then to the internal distribution centre on Long Island from where they ship it to destination.
I should also mention that some dealers charge more for Priority or Express rather than sending the item by Economy or Packet.

Regards

Mike C
Offline michelvr  
#6 Posted : 19 February 2016 22:27:01(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Item arrived on February 15 from Paris, France in perfect shape! I must say this Marklin SBB double decker passenger car sets (4 cars in total) are beautiful! Love Love

Michel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline NZMarklinist  
#7 Posted : 20 February 2016 03:44:26(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
If you can't locate the Maerklin set, there were also two Roco (Fleischmann) sets for AC each consisting of 3 coaches to go with the Re 420 LION.
The Roco sets were numbered 64132 and 64133. These coaches are slightly longer than the Maerklin 27cm coaches, but at 28.4cm, they can still be used on Maerklin tracks.

Regards

Mike C

I'd forgotten what they looked like, so being curious I did a google search, lots of pictures turned up as well as all the relevant discussions in this forum.
However there is this video on youtube ;

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 20 February 2016 05:39:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have the pair of Roco locomotives, the single Maerklin model, plus the two Roco (Fleischmann) 64132/64133 sets (6 coaches total) and two sets of Maerklin's 43479. I have a pair of the Tillig S-Bahn coaches, which I planned to use to test the operation on Maerklin tracks. Those coaches are awaiting the matching AB and pilot coaches for use with my Hag Re 450s.

I plan to equip the Maerklin coaches with lighting at some point and use those in nighttime settings.

The Roco locomotive pair is well matched and has performed well in test push-pull operation. I am still concerned about how the consist would perform if the front locomotive would hit a control (signal) zone and the tail locomotive was still pushing. I wonder if anybody has tried current conducting couplers to power the unit from a single slider? To redesign it to permit digital selection of power source would require a multi wire connection throughout the consist as well as installing the appropriate relay in each locomotive.

The Roco (Tillig) exact scale versions might be problematic because they are longer than 30cm and might have issues with some turnouts and with catenary masts on narrower radius curves, hence my hesitation and the need for tests.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline michelvr  
#9 Posted : 20 February 2016 13:45:27(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Mike, thank you for all the informationn! Next item to get my hands on is the Marklin 37347 SBB Re 420 Lion.

Regards,

Michel
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 20 February 2016 22:05:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Michel,

before you commit $300-$400 for the Maerklin model, check out the Roco models 78415 and 78417. The Roco model has better sound and more detail and some dealers may still have it at a special price. I think that AJCKids still has it on sale, but with the exchange rate, not so good for Canadians. Eurorailhobbies has the 78417 but the price is back up to CAD$450.

Here are videos of the Roco and Maerklin Re 4/4IIs to compare sound and light functions:
Roco:

Maerklin:

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline taliesin  
#11 Posted : 20 February 2016 23:05:23(UTC)
taliesin

United Kingdom   
For completeness I will mention that Hag do the SBB Re420 Lion, cheers Rob
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by taliesin