Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nitramretep  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2016 16:05:48(UTC)
nitramretep

United States   
I purchased this locomotive in December and after running for nearly a month consider this one my keepers. This Epoch I locomotive was, I believed, a passenger locomotive used in the DRG in the 1920's up to and beyond WWII. The model is a stunning piece with an elegant dark green paint scheme with red striping around the boiler and other trim. The sound system on this loco is really exceptional, in fact better than most. The power is is substantial (it pulls a rake of 11 freight cars with ease) and the operating characteristics superb. I am using to haul a collection of freight cars until I can find a nice set of Epoch I passenger cars I have been looking at from Brawa. The locomotive is really a relatively inexpensive piece and has all the qualities of some of the bigger and more expensive engines I have purchased from Marklin. I particularly like the running sounds and the whistle, very realistic and it even has a slight echo to it! I researched the P8 locomotive use and found that it was only considered a long haul express, suitable for freight and passenger services. Marklin does not indicate the freight aspect of this information. If you like Epoch I locomotives this one to consider for your layout! The unit is mFx equipped and has LED lighting.

Marklin 37028 Gattung P8 Koniglich PreuBische Eisenbahn-Verwaltung (KPEV) Epoch 1

Image of P8 to follow. If I can figure out how to do it!
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by nitramretep
Offline NS1200  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2016 20:28:32(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Nice machine!

https://www.conrad.nl/me.../623235_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

And this is the matching coach set,Marklin 4204:

http://www.modellbahn-fo...ta/images/3/162176_b.jpg

The coach set is worth every penny,i have the set coupled to the 36741 tenderloco.

http://www.modellbahnsho...ata/images/3/45408_b.jpg
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline kimballthurlow  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2016 06:46:24(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: nitramretep Go to Quoted Post
I purchased this locomotive in December and after running for nearly a month consider this one my keepers. This Epoch I locomotive was, I believed, a passenger locomotive used in the DRG in the 1920's up to and beyond WWII. The model is a stunning piece ....
Image of P8 to follow. If I can figure out how to do it!

Hi Nitram..

Thanks for the review.

I agree (without having one myself) that it is a very realistic model.
Maybe Marklin have new tooling for this, but it appears less "toylike" than prior models of the P8/BR38.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline applor  
#4 Posted : 30 April 2016 13:07:54(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Ah nice, I love the P8 it is a beautiful locomotive.

Good to see Marklin fixed the noisy transmission with this newer model.

I myself have the 26549 set (which has the BR38 with freight cars) as well as the Trix 22117 just because I love the BR38 so much I wanted two!
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor