Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2016 09:22:50(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Hello,
I don't want to Crash the Show us your "Locomotive(s)" purchases - 2016 Edition-thread, therefore I will continue the discussion about the G 2000B model (#37202) from here (
https://www.marklin-user...2016-Edition#post506610) in a new Topic.

Märklin 37202:
- https://www.marklin-user...rce.ashx?p=31017&b=1

Original:
- http://www.loks-aus-kiel.../basic/vl_1001453_59.jpg
- http://www.bahnbilder.de...am-840-003-re-144201.jpg

I wrote an email to Märklin Service and asked, if this is a fault in the assebly line and if there will be a modification for future Versions and/or produced models.

Here is the answer, I got today:

Quote:
...dieses Modell entspricht der Serienausstattung. Es wird keine Änderung an der Ausführung dieses speziellen Modells geben.

Wir bitten um Verständnis.

Quote:
This model corresponds to the standard equipment. There will be no change to the design of this particular model.

We ask for your understanding.

I will ask for Märklin's understanding, that I will not help them to increase the sales numbers.

Edited by user 01 February 2016 17:43:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Unholz  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2016 10:15:37(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
With due respect, but I get the impression that this "problem" is a bit exaggerated (mainly in the Stummi forum, certain members are really running wild and making a big fuss about this minor flaw). Not all models seem to be affected; on mine for instance, I really have to switch on my hawk's eye to see it.
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#3 Posted : 25 January 2016 10:46:50(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
With due respect, but I get the impression that this "problem" is a bit exaggerated (mainly in the Stummi forum, certain members are really running wild and making a big fuss about this minor flaw). Not all models seem to be affected; on mine for instance, I really have to switch on my hawk's eye to see it.

I'm surprised, if it is looking different on Your model. I think, it is a big difference in the optic, wether the glas is reaching the border line or if there a red border around the head light glas.

Could You provide pictrues of Your model?

I think, for a 36xxx model, it would be OK, but not for the 37xxx series.

Second Point is, that Märklin obviously used an model from Mehano for the catalog Picture and the fair preview model, which shows the correct head light.

(PS: "Ein Fass aufmachen" is in british English "to kick up a shindy")
Offline Unholz  
#4 Posted : 25 January 2016 11:13:38(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Moritz-BR365 Go to Quoted Post

Could You provide pictrues of Your model?

Sorry, I don't have sufficient time resources for a big photo session. Sad But my answer or pictures would probably be identical to Jacques Vuye's reply here:
https://www.marklin-user...-2016-Edition#post506633

Offline black_pete  
#5 Posted : 26 January 2016 04:09:48(UTC)
black_pete

Australia   
So would painting a very thin red frame to the edge of the headlight glass (plastic) largely fix the problem.

It's no doubt possible to try this initially with some thin red tape before embarking on the challenge of finding matching Marklin Red SBB paint Confused

My G2000 should be here within the next few weeks so I'll experience the personal angst quite soon Blink
Regards
Pete

expat Kiwi - now living in Melbourne

SBB Era IV & V - Digital - CS1 - C Track
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by black_pete
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#6 Posted : 26 January 2016 08:47:58(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: black_pete Go to Quoted Post
So would painting a very thin red frame to the edge of the headlight glass (plastic) largely fix the problem.

I hope, it might be the best solution to fix the fault of Märklin.

Originally Posted by: black_pete Go to Quoted Post
It's no doubt possible to try this initially with some thin red tape before embarking on the challenge of finding matching Marklin Red SBB paint Confused

My G2000 should be here within the next few weeks so I'll experience the personal angst quite soon Blink

I'll be very interested in Your test results. Pictures are welcomeFlapper
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 26 January 2016 09:26:47(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The bottom line is that a) the G2000s (Am840) have been sold to Scheuchzer and now look like this:
http://www.bahnonline.ch...840-002-rhino-2-68808_03

b) for modellers with a Swiss theme, the Am840 were used by SBB Cargo Italy, mainly between Chiasso or Domodossola and points in Italy where the lines were not electrified.
The same applies for the DB/Railion Loks which were also used by then Serfer and later Nordcargo/Railion Italy.

I passed on this model because it was not a lok type that was a frequent visitor to the German part of Switzerland and to my area of focus.
It is interesting that now that they are operated by Scheuchzer, they are much more frequently seen in Switzerland than at any time when operated by SBB.

I find that Maerklin could have done a better job with the headlights. It would not have taken much effort to improve the appearance.
If you do not like the Maerklin model, the Mehano model can still be found here and there.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 26 January 2016 19:32:34(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The Railion version I ordered has not yet been produced, but I look forward to getting it soon.

I don't foresee a problem accepting the headlight details that I've seen on the SBB versions. They are not exactly prototypical, but neither are they totally unacceptable.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Mark_1602  
#9 Posted : 27 January 2016 22:17:40(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi all,

In Märklin TV 75, the SBB G 2000 (37202) appears in a very brief scene that is set in the hand painting department of Märklin's factory in Györ, so it was definitely made in Europe. (about 5 minutes into the video)

You Tube Märklin TV 75

What probably happened is that the workers in Györ were under pressure to finish as many models as possible and forgot to paint a red frame around the edges of the transparent plastic cover in front of the headlights. Here's a thread from Stummi Forum with some pictures to illustrate this (page 4):

Stummi Forum Thread on 37202

The rather curt answer that Moritz got from Märklin might suggest that they'd rather sell to customers who don't complain about details, or the customer department was simply overworked. It's a little mistake that could still be fixed because most of these locomotives haven't been delivered yet, have they? I couldn't find one on Ebay today, and my German Märklin dealer doesn't have this model in stock yet. The few that have been delivered could be called back by the dealers to have this detail painted, I suppose. That wouldn't cost a lot of money, but it would improve customer satisfaction.

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline Mark_1602  
#10 Posted : 28 January 2016 07:01:44(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi all,

I only have one quick question. Which shop sold the 37202 that we've seen photos of?? I've checked out Lokmuseum, Modellbahnshop Lippe, Lokshop, Menzels Lokschuppen and Meises Mobacenter, but none of those major Märklin dealers have it in stock right now though according to Märklin's product database, delivery has started.

Before making judgements about the quality of this locomotive, we should wait and see if all or most of those that will be delivered have this little imperfection. Märklin might be in the process of correcting that mistake at the factory, or the few that have been delivered might be part of the pre-series. Anyway, they still have a chance to set this straight and increase customer satisfaction. I remember reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to buy one of the first copies of a newly released locomotive that appear on the market, but I never get one of those because I usually place my orders later and my dealer is not one of the first to have new Märklin items in stock ...

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:47:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: M-Classics Go to Quoted Post
Here's a thread from Stummi Forum with some pictures to illustrate this (page 4):

Stummi Forum Thread on 37202

That makes so much difference to the look of the loco, the black on the loco body and the red rim on the 'glass' really sets off the rest of it. Talk about spoil an item for penn'worth of hay ... Confused

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
H0
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#12 Posted : 01 February 2016 17:42:10(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
GREAT NEWS!

I got an answer from Märklin today! The fault is recognized and fixed in production. Customers can send the already delivered models to the Märklin service to be fixed.

Moritz
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#13 Posted : 01 February 2016 22:42:08(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
The old Cargo and Railion Mehano AC sound models

http://www.marklinfan.net/sbb_am_840.htm

http://www.marklinfan.net/vossloh_g2000.htm

I'm not in a hurry for the new models
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline RayF  
#14 Posted : 01 February 2016 23:58:17(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Alberto,

I believe Mehano also made the version of the G2000 with the asymmetrical body. That might make an interesting variation.

http://www.mehano.si/EN/article.php?id=5&mo=2
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#15 Posted : 02 February 2016 22:02:02(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline sonra  
#16 Posted : 09 April 2016 16:41:47(UTC)
sonra

Israel   
Hi
I get my 37202 and there are no lights . Is this something i can fix my self ( a missing wire ? CV parameter ???) or I have to send it to factory that this is a bug problem because I am don't live in Europe ,
Do you know Marklin service email that I can connect in English ??
regards Doron
Regards
Doron
Offline H0  
#17 Posted : 09 April 2016 16:45:55(UTC)
H0

Hi, Doron,

Lights not working could be anything - from decoder not plugged in correctly to missing wire or missing LEDs to defective decoder.
Lights should work with the default settings.

Märklin contact form:
http://www.maerklin.de/en/company/contact/
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#18 Posted : 09 April 2016 16:49:37(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hi Doron,

you can contact Maerklin via the contact form or by sending an email to service(at)maerklin.de. They usually respond in English to emails submitted in that language.
I would also suggest that you alter your profile so that your email address is not listed on the footer. Members can contact you using the PM (Private Message) or Email tabs but your email address openly listed is likely to attract spam to your address.

Regards

Mike C
Offline vnangli  
#19 Posted : 20 April 2016 01:56:35(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: Moritz-BR365 Go to Quoted Post
GREAT NEWS!

I got an answer from Märklin today! The fault is recognized and fixed in production. Customers can send the already delivered models to the Märklin service to be fixed.

Moritz

I was seriously considering to buy this loco.
I came across this thread about "Faulty lights". Is this a commonly noticed problem and should I wait for a couple of months? So that I can get my hands on a model from the batch for which this issued has been fixed.
Vijay
Offline xxup  
#20 Posted : 20 April 2016 02:04:24(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Vijay.. The problem is now fixed..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline vnangli  
#21 Posted : 20 April 2016 02:15:33(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Vijay.. The problem is now fixed..

I am about to place an order from a dealer here in the US. There is a 50/50 chance that the loco might from the error prone batch....Again, I wouldn't have worried so much if the occurrence of this problem was really low.
Offline xxup  
#22 Posted : 20 April 2016 06:46:04(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Ask the dealer to open the box and check it before they ship it to you.. The big dealers like AJCkids are already aware of the problem and will ensure that their customers are not inconvenienced.. The guys on eBay might be a different story..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline sonra  
#23 Posted : 22 April 2016 17:19:38(UTC)
sonra

Israel   
Hi Guys
Thanks for help . I open the unit and try to look on decoder and press a little on it and now lights are Ok
Regards
Doron
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by sonra