Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2016 16:18:22(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I have had some fun today, testing the Railroad & Co +SmartHand™ Mobile handheld control for the first time. General train control is managed by Railroad & Co TrainController (8.0 F3) which has a web server to which the iPhone is connected. The iPhone is allowed to control start/speed/stop of the loco, but TrainController resumes at the red signal (starting at "brake"), if the iPhone user doesn't stop. All other locos are under automated control by TrainController. Tested using a Märklin CS2 central station and LDT S88 modules and decoders. The TrainController PC, the CS2 and the iPhone are connected via a D-Link router. The loco is a SBB Re 4/4II from a starter kit... Sorry for the bad quality, the purpose of this clip is to present the basic principle.

For me, this will be a great combo on the permanent layout sometime in the future, allowing guests to participate but I will still have total control!

BigGrin

Cool Peter

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2016 18:50:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
I have had some fun today, testing the Railroad & Co +SmartHand™ Mobile handheld control for the first time. General train control is managed by Railroad & Co TrainController (8.0 F3) which has a web server to which the iPhone is connected. The iPhone is allowed to control start/speed/stop of the loco, but TrainController resumes at the red signal (starting at "brake"), if the iPhone user doesn't stop. All other locos are under automated control by TrainController. Tested using a Märklin CS2 central station and LDT S88 modules and decoders. The TrainController PC, the CS2 and the iPhone are connected via a D-Link router. The loco is a SBB Re 4/4II from a starter kit... Sorry for the bad quality, the purpose of this clip is to present the basic principle.

For me, this will be a great combo on the permanent layout sometime in the future, allowing guests to participate but I will still have total control!

BigGrin

Cool Peter

Oh, so RR&Co is catching up with JMRI finally. It is a nice feature to have.

Offline Minok  
#3 Posted : 09 May 2016 22:36:30(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Having the ability for guests with smart phones to effectively bring their own controller (the phone, and I assume any mobile browser will work so iOS safari as well as an android phone with whatever browser will work equally well?)
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134