Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#251 Posted : 16 January 2016 15:51:24(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi M Classic:-) I wanted to point out, that although for example the SNCB series 18 was released on two years ago? I did not get one, as I got the SNCF version? I wanted both:-) they both sold out at my dealer. So now I can get the SNCB version from my dealer and be happy. The Marklin catalogue use to have some items year after year? So why grumble when they bring back stuff that's done well. We don't all have large wallets and some of us like have to weight until next Xmas:-) before allowing ourselves to spend on our hobby.
By the way please stop bringing up the motor thing. Please take no offence, but I have had a number of brand new locos from Marklin and there all as smooth as the others. So I am really not sure what all this boring noncence Is all about. It's a toy:-) not part of a space station?
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline jvuye  
#252 Posted : 16 January 2016 16:26:11(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
But in the box contents they list R1 241xx curves Bryan.
Only in the English text, the German text and the product database show 24230.
We know how carefully the Märklin QA works, but some oddities of the catalogues slipped through.

I like the "impressive mountain set" they advertise on page 3 (referring to the Goliath crane). Mountain, rescue - who cares.

BigGrin

The lost art of proof reading!

Translation in M catalogs has sometimes these oddities. "Bergung" in German means "salvage"...but the translator saw "berg".. which means " mountain ".
That's what happens when the translator is normally content expert..RollEyes
But would we do better if we had to translate in German ??
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline mjrallare  
#253 Posted : 16 January 2016 17:11:26(UTC)
mjrallare

Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
It's a toy:-) not part of a space station?

Sadly, that is probably how the Siebers looks at Märklin. It's just another brand in their line of toys. Although a very well known one. I've never seen my interest in Märklin as "playing with toys". For me it's been a serious hobby, not any different from my other hobbies of fishing and photography. I never say to my wife that I will go and play with my cameras. And I never say that I will go and play with my trains either. Not that I'm implying that there is anything wrong with "playing" with your trains. The meaning of the word "playing" is different for each and every individual I guess.

But I do think that talking about toys is doing the MRR hobby a disservice. For outsiders it gives a picture of a social inapt grownup who, for one reason or the other, has remained juvenile. But we all know that the hobby is a very interesting, diversified and stimulating one! I really think that if this wonderful hobby is to survive long term, one of the most important tasks is to increase the overall perception of the hobby.

Saying that we are dealing with toys and using that as an excuse to ban all types of criticism of Märklin is, IMHO, not in the best interest of the hobby and Märklin. I use Canon, Olympus and Fuji cameras. There is a lot of "bashing" going on in different photo-forums. Hardly ever a positive word! But especially Olympus and Fuji still closely follow the opinions of their users and try to pick up things to improve in their cameras. I don't think Märklin is doing enough in this area. They can improve a lot in the communication with their customers. I think it would be good for them to switch focus from dealers to end customers!

We shall of course also talk about everything that is good and exciting about MRR. And there is plenty of threads that does so in this forum.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

/Torbjörn
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by mjrallare
Offline H0  
#254 Posted : 16 January 2016 18:11:21(UTC)
H0

By the way please stop bringing up the motor thing. Please take no offence, but I have had a number of brand new locos from Marklin and there all as smooth as the others. So I am really not sure what all this boring noncence Is all about.
Some are unhappy with some of the new motors, some are happy with all their motors. Such is life.
Sometimes we read on Facebook that a certain model will have a five-pole motor. Why can't we read this in the new items brochure?
Mr. Piko was showing off with growth rates for 2015 that exceeded their expectations.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline danmarklinman  
#255 Posted : 16 January 2016 18:49:15(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mjrallare Go to Quoted Post
It's a toy:-) not part of a space station?

Sadly, that is probably how the Siebers looks at Märklin. It's just another brand in their line of toys. Although a very well known one. I've never seen my interest in Märklin as "playing with toys". For me it's been a serious hobby, not any different from my other hobbies of fishing and photography. I never say to my wife that I will go and play with my cameras. And I never say that I will go and play with my trains either. Not that I'm implying that there is anything wrong with "playing" with your trains. The meaning of the word "playing" is different for each and every individual I guess.

But I do think that talking about toys is doing the MRR hobby a disservice. For outsiders it gives a picture of a social inapt grownup who, for one reason or the other, has remained juvenile. But we all know that the hobby is a very interesting, diversified and stimulating one! I really think that if this wonderful hobby is to survive long term, one of the most important tasks is to increase the overall perception of the hobby.

Saying that we are dealing with toys and using that as an excuse to ban all types of criticism of Märklin is, IMHO, not in the best interest of the hobby and Märklin. I use Canon, Olympus and Fuji cameras. There is a lot of "bashing" going on in different photo-forums. Hardly ever a positive word! But especially Olympus and Fuji still closely follow the opinions of their users and try to pick up things to improve in their cameras. I don't think Märklin is doing enough in this area. They can improve a lot in the communication with their customers. I think it would be good for them to switch focus from dealers to end customers!

We shall of course also talk about everything that is good and exciting about MRR. And there is plenty of threads that does so in this forum.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

/Torbjörn

Hi the comment playing with your trains is just that, not the image of an overgrown kid. I didn't mean to insult, but rather give an image of someone just enjoying the fruits of his or her labour and in my case, a fare bit of modellmaking and a fare bit of relaxing whilst watching trains? And not getting all tied up with those who like there expensive motors.
Dear HO, yep I think Piko have hit it on the head? Lots of very tempting stuff to from them?
I could quite easily get some of there SNCF diesels or even there new SNCF auto rail.
I've not seen one of there locos running on K track? Radius 2 36' curves. I can't find any evidence on YouTube ither? So I will not order until I do:-(
To be fair and this is a question. Do piko sell DC most of all, and AC especially for France, US, GB Austria and others is a small market? DC being the most popular.
I know in the UK it is all DC, unless you like Marklin, and you buy this from Europe and not in your local model shop.
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#256 Posted : 16 January 2016 19:21:06(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
All, not to light a fire but we must remember management is trying to make money in a very much dying business. Spending millions on tooling to sell 300 euro locos to an ever-shrinking pool of buyers is not a sound business model.

The solution? Enlarge the pool of buyers (my world is literally their only shot at this within the current set of tools they have), or cut back on new toolings while trying to make the most of existing molds. They are doing both, and if we want there to be a Marklin in 20 years this is likely one of the only ways that can happen...

We are spoiled in this era- we can buy almost any prototype (that isn't too unusual or obscure) from at least one of the different manufacturers. The market is near-saturation. If you look at catalogues from the 50s-80s I'd say the 2016 catalogue has a LOT of new introductions comparatively... Also keep in mind: as more of us (some intentionally, some not) move further from buying "toys" and closer to buying "scale models" these days, the same rolling stock with slight variations helps fill out layouts of a certain theme. With toys that was a different story. And I think the new catalogue is quite nice for this reason.

Now regarding the quality of motors and things like that I agree with the sentiments above- I think almost all of us would pay a few more euros for reliability and better components. This should be an internal priority to keep the existing (and big-spending) customers happy.
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline Mark_1602  
#257 Posted : 16 January 2016 19:21:34(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi M Classic:-) I wanted to point out, that although for example the SNCB series 18 was released on two years ago? I did not get one, as I got the SNCF version? I wanted both:-) they both sold out at my dealer. So now I can get the SNCB version from my dealer and be happy. The Marklin catalogue use to have some items year after year? So why grumble when they bring back stuff that's done well. We don't all have large wallets and some of us like have to weight until next Xmas:-) before allowing ourselves to spend on our hobby.
By the way please stop bringing up the motor thing. Please take no offence, but I have had a number of brand new locos from Marklin and there all as smooth as the others. So I am really not sure what all this boring noncence Is all about. It's a toy:-) not part of a space station?

If you missed a locomotive, you can probably find it on ebay.de, and usually cheaper than this year's model. I haven't said that this year's new locomotives are bad, but that I'm not interested in them, and I'm not the only active Märklin customer who thinks that way.

Some people always defend Märklin and like everything they do, but that's not enough to keep the company going. As a matter of fact, Märklin has lost customers and sales year after year since 2013. Please find a better explanation for this ...

In this forum there is a ban on political discussions as well as a ban on personal attacks, but as far as I know, there are no taboo MRR topics here. Those Märklin fans who are happy with everything will not make up for the shortfall in sales since 2013. Last year I spent 400 euros on an expensive Märklin BR 01 (39007) that has contact problems and a cheap DC motor that is not really convincing, and some years ago, I bought two Big Boys with DC motors (37994/37995) that are definitely less good than the 37993 with the 'Glockenanker' motor. The brand new Märklin items I buy now are usually freight car or coach sets, and that's probably what I will order this year as well. I might go for the BR 96, but I haven't decided yet.

By the way, I have two small kids now, so I can't waste any more money on MRR. I only buy good value for money. Your point about the space station doesn't make any sense at all. Go to a toy shop and have a look at the prices. An average toy for a child costs between 10 and 50 euros, not 300 or 400, and most toys in the shop look more appealing to kids than M* MyWorld trains!

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
Offline danmarklinman  
#258 Posted : 16 January 2016 20:00:33(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: M-Classics Go to Quoted Post

If you missed a locomotive, you can probably find it on ebay.de, and usually cheaper than this year's model. I haven't said that this year's new locomotives are bad, but that I'm not interested in them, and I'm not the only active Märklin customer who thinks that way.

Some people always defend Märklin and like everything they do, but that's not enough to keep the company going. As a matter of fact, Märklin has lost customers and sales year after year since 2013. Please find a better explanation for this ...

In this forum there is a ban on political discussions as well as a ban on personal attacks, but as far as I know, there are no taboo MRR topics here. Those Märklin fans who are happy with everything will not make up for the shortfall in sales since 2013. Last year I spent 400 euros on an expensive Märklin BR 01 (39007) that has contact problems and a cheap DC motor that is not really convincing, and some years ago, I bought two Big Boys with DC motors (37994/37995) that are definitely less good than the 37993 with the 'Glockenanker' motor. The brand new Märklin items I buy now are usually freight car or coach sets, and that's probably what I will order this year as well. I might go for the BR 96, but I haven't decided yet.

By the way, I have two small kids now, so I can't waste any more money on MRR. I only buy good value for money. Your point about the space station doesn't make any sense at all. Go to a toy shop and have a look at the prices. An average toy for a child costs between 10 and 50 euros, not 300 or 400, and most toys in the shop look more appealing to kids than M* MyWorld trains!

Best regards,

Mark

Yes I now, I am a dad to, she is just about 12. And it's still expensive:-)
Have you any piko? What track do you use?
Marklin old school customers are getting older? Some have passed away, and Piko do aim for it seems more modern trains. So yes Marklin I think should think modern image more of? As I have said? Piko stuff is appealing:-) but I can't see any evidence of its quality on YouTube on Marklin K track?
Ps I don't like at all the new Marklin silent sliders?
The old ones are still the best:-)
Please someone tell me what piko are like on K track 36 radius ;-)
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline Mark_1602  
#259 Posted : 16 January 2016 21:20:29(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   

Marklin old school customers are getting older? Some have passed away, and Piko do aim for it seems more modern trains. So yes Marklin I think should think modern image more of? As I have said? Piko stuff is appealing:-) but I can't see any evidence of its quality on YouTube on Marklin K track?

Hi,

I use C tracks and I only have Märklin H0 trains at the moment. Most locomotives I bought in 2015 were vintage ones made before 1980. Last year I bought two BR 189 era VI electric locomotives, and I don't mind DC motors for electric or diesel, but expensive steamers should have motors with bell-shaped armatures in my opinion.

To tell you something positive, I really liked the cool freight car and coach sets that Märklin produced in 2015, but now single cars are back. I'll buy some, but I still preferred the cool sets. There are a few in this year's news brochure, but not as many as usual.

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline steventrain  
#260 Posted : 16 January 2016 21:45:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
MHI 1/2016 Delivery planned.

18039 - Q3
37443 - Q2
46461 - Q1
47319 - Q3
49954 - Q2
49955 - Q2
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline clapcott  
#261 Posted : 16 January 2016 22:30:32(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
The CS3 can also be used as a booster and/or a remote controller.

I didn't think the CS3 could be used as a remote controller because it doesn't have a Marklin Bus In connector to take a 60123 cable from a master controller.

See Peter's post from the other CS3 thread.

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
2) Unit as a Slave
The CS3(60226) CANNOT be used as a slave (like the CS2 can) because it has lost the "Bus In" connection and replaced it with a 2nd direct connection.
The CS3plus(60216) CAN be a slave, because it has the "Bus In" port - (this is at the minor expense of losing one direct connect port)

I am open to qualification on this.

My original post was in relation to the physical aspects and the proposition (assumption) that to be a Slave you needed a physical BusIn port.

As we know from the CS2, the actually usage of one unit or the other as a Master is a configuration issue (both have BusIn ports).

It is therefore quite conceivable that someone who starts with a CS2 or CS3+ (and therefore has that unit as their master) might acquire a CS3 and define (configure) that unit as a slave unit in an operational context.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Dimi194  
#262 Posted : 16 January 2016 23:32:08(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Since the update to the MR App it has stopped working on my phone, so I can't use it do decide which locos I like better :(
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline Nils Walter Khan  
#263 Posted : 17 January 2016 01:31:18(UTC)
Nils Walter Khan

The new Z items are really quite disappointing. It's sad when the biggest highlight (for me) is the repaint of the Ludmilla. And the other "big" sets Tauristikzug and Lufthansa are just slightly different versions of ones I'm still waiting for from last year, so why would I want to buy those again? Even the cute freight set that has the scrap metal crane... the same crane came with last years museum wagon, so again, can't justify it. We needed something splashy and new, like the Donald Duck in Z, or RAM TEE. Even the ICE 1, which would have just been a repaint of existing tooling, would have been nice since all we have is the ICExperimental version from so long ago. I was prepared to spend much more Bored
Offline danmarklinman  
#264 Posted : 17 January 2016 02:08:36(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: M-Classics Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I use C tracks and I only have Märklin H0 trains at the moment. Most locomotives I bought in 2015 were vintage ones made before 1980. Last year I bought two BR 189 era VI electric locomotives, and I don't mind DC motors for electric or diesel, but expensive steamers should have motors with bell-shaped armatures in my opinion.

To tell you something positive, I really liked the cool freight car and coach sets that Märklin produced in 2015, but now single cars are back. I'll buy some, but I still preferred the cool sets. There are a few in this year's news brochure, but not as many as usual.

Best regards,

Mark

Yes, I'm pleased with the freight as well. Personally my preference is Marklin any way. Because I know the wagons will couple without issues. I love the new DB flat car with containers? Also the weathered Italian container car set:-)
I might just have the SNCB series 18 this year?
The French one is a nice heavy weight and a smooth runner.
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#265 Posted : 17 January 2016 06:27:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Lokshop have posted their prices for the 2016 New Items.....

https://shop.lokshop.de/...;session=true&page=1
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Tony  
#266 Posted : 17 January 2016 12:26:32(UTC)
Tony

South Africa   
Hi all, I really like the new 1 Gauge items - some nice "new tooling" locos in the 2016 new items. Love Also am pleased to see the 1020mm radius curve is back after M discontinued all their 1 Gauge track from the 2015/2016 catalogue - only including the Hubner items, which was probably inevitable. BigGrin Had better start saving.....Smile
Regards Tony
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tony
Offline mnosal  
#267 Posted : 17 January 2016 23:59:24(UTC)
mnosal

Originally Posted by: Nils Walter Khan Go to Quoted Post
The new Z items are really quite disappointing.

Well, the lack of any new Ep II items in Z is my biggest disappointment. Looks like I will be buying new buildings and scenery this year instead of new rolling stock.

Z-scale, DRG steam from Era 2. See: zscale.tumblr.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#268 Posted : 18 January 2016 06:46:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Tony Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, I really like the new 1 Gauge items - some nice "new tooling" locos in the 2016 new items. Love Also am pleased to see the 1020mm radius curve is back after M discontinued all their 1 Gauge track from the 2015/2016 catalogue - only including the Hubner items, which was probably inevitable. BigGrin Had better start saving.....Smile

I quite like the Br 41, Br 38, the E 18 and the Br 194 but can't afford all of them without increasing the mortgage........

If I had to pick one, then the BR 194 would be the one I would most like (after seeing the Hubner models some friends have) and given that it is the cheapest of the four makes it that much easier to justify!

A fellow Marklin Club member is interested in the E 18, so at least I'll get to see one for real!
Offline Chipopo  
#269 Posted : 18 January 2016 12:45:14(UTC)
Chipopo

Israel   
I also liked a lot the new Gauge 1 items, especially the E18 and BR41
which I would have been glad to have ThumpUp

Just a small problem - financing them. . . .
maybe till they are ready and out in the market I will find how to get
one of them Cool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Chipopo
Offline Sankch  
#270 Posted : 18 January 2016 17:59:14(UTC)
Sankch

one Swiss retailer has posted delivery dates of some new items on his shop. Here it is, sorry if the list is not sorted by article reference.

dd/mm/yy

39554 - 31.03.16
39960 - 30.09.16
46128 - 30.11.16
46138 - 30.11.16
46287 - 30.11.16
60216 - 01.03.16
39250 - 01.06.16
26603 - 31.03.16
37067 - 31.03.16
37139 - 30.06.16
46461 - 31.07.16
47319 - 31.07.16
49954 - 30.09.16
49955 - 30.09.16
46056 - 30.09.16
36624 - 31.08.16
39863 - 31.05.16
37464 - 31.03.16
37868 - 31.10.16
36193 - 30.11.16
37085 - 30.11.16
37604 - 31.03.16
43114 - 30.06.16
60226 - 01.03.16
42174 - 30.11.16
46870 - 30.06.16
47148 - 30.09.16

that's all folks
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Sankch
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#271 Posted : 18 January 2016 20:41:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hmmmm, 1 March for the CS3/CS3+. Not too long to wait then for someone to get their hands on one. My vote would go to Stephen (although I think Clapcott might also sneak in under the radar!)
Offline steventrain  
#272 Posted : 18 January 2016 22:35:59(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hmmmm, 1 March for the CS3/CS3+.

Stummi forum said due February.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline vilithejou  
#273 Posted : 19 January 2016 07:32:00(UTC)
vilithejou

From a germany shop

36100 3.Q
20997 2.Q
23130 2.Q
23172 2.Q
23188 2.Q
23301 2.Q
23977 2.Q
24315 1.Q
24771 1.Q
24772 1.Q
24802 1.Q
26602 1.Q
26603 1.Q
29000 1.Q
29020 3.Q
29060 1.Q
29074 1.Q
29256 3.Q
29323 3.Q
29452 3.Q
29479 2.Q
29542 2.Q
29641 4.Q
29721 1.Q
29792 2.Q
36101 3.Q
36190 4.Q
36193 4.Q
36218 2.Q
36350 4.Q
36624 3.Q
36625 3.Q
36628 3.Q
36641 3.Q
36818 2.Q
36864 1.Q
37007 1.Q
37067 1.Q
37079 3.Q
37085 4.Q
37139 2.Q
37200 1.Q
37206 2.Q
37207 2.Q
37438 1.Q
37443 1.Q
37464 1.Q
37529 3.Q
37588 3.Q
37604 1.Q
37719 1.Q
37728 2.Q
37776 1.Q
37822 1.Q
37868 3.Q
37935 2.Q
39112 2.Q
39186 2.Q
39250 2.Q
39408 1.Q
39554 1.Q
39621 2.Q
39648 1.Q
39863 1.Q
39960 3.Q
40500 1.Q
40501 2.Q
40502 2.Q
40503 2.Q
41358 4.Q
41359 4.Q
41369 4.Q
41379 4.Q
42103 4.Q
42121 4.Q
42132 4.Q
42143 4.Q
42174 4.Q
42730 1.Q
42740 1.Q
42910 1.Q
42920 1.Q
43114 2.Q
43308 4.Q
43309 4.Q
43310 4.Q
43510 1.Q
43520 1.Q
43804 1.Q
43814 1.Q
43834 1.Q
43876 4.Q
44083 3.Q
44108 2.Q
44109 2.Q
44110 2.Q
44114 2.Q
44115 2.Q
44214 1.Q
44403 3.Q
44452 3.Q
44600 3.Q
44610 3.Q
44700 4.Q
44700 3.Q
44811 3.Q
45023 2.Q
45661 3.Q
45662 3.Q
45805 2.Q
46027 1.Q
46056 3.Q
46128 4.Q
46138 4.Q
46190 3.Q
46266 4.Q
46287 4.Q
46304 4.Q
46317 2.Q
46319 2.Q
46344 4.Q
46355 1.Q
46373 3.Q
46373 3.Q
46458 2.Q
46461 1.Q
46619 1.Q
46626 2.Q
46806 4.Q
46819 2.Q
46870 2.Q
46925 3.Q
47000 3.Q
47027 4.Q
47048 1.Q
47062 4.Q
47095 3.Q
47144 3.Q
47148 3.Q
47176 1.Q
47213 3.Q
47217 4.Q
47311 1.Q
47319 1.Q
47323 1.Q
47324 1.Q
47329 2.Q
47724 3.Q
48029 4.Q
48054 4.Q
48116 1.Q
48457 3.Q
48535 1.Q
48772 4.Q
48778 1.Q
48830 1.Q
48854 2.Q
49954 1.Q
49955 1.Q
55940 3.Q
55943 3.Q
55944 3.Q
58668 1.Q
59035 2.Q
60114 1.Q
60116 1.Q
60216 1.Q
60226 1.Q
60657 1.Q
60970 3.Q
60971 1.Q
72211 3.Q
72240 3.Q
72452 3.Q
72701 3.Q
72702 3.Q
72703 3.Q
78452 3.Q
78479 2.Q
78792 2.Q
80027 1.Q
80416 1.Q
81281 2.Q
81770 3.Q
82394 1.Q
82395 2.Q
82540 3.Q
82572 2.Q
86213 1.Q
86214 1.Q
87303 1.Q
87502 1.Q
88134 2.Q
88145 4.Q
88184 3.Q
88198 1.Q
88587 1.Q
88785 1.Q
88789 1.Q
88956 1.Q
89806 3.Q
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#274 Posted : 19 January 2016 11:06:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Lokshop pricing on CS3+/CS3 - 10% discount. No discount on 1 Gauge items though........Sad

MAR60216 Central Station CS3+ 719,99EUR inc VAT

MAR60226 Central Station CS3 584,99EUR inc VAT
Offline kiwiAlan  
#275 Posted : 19 January 2016 12:38:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Lokshop pricing on CS3+/CS3 - 10% discount. No discount on 1 Gauge items though........Sad

MAR60216 Central Station CS3+ 719,99EUR inc VAT

MAR60226 Central Station CS3 584,99EUR inc VAT

And if you log in to get 'your discount' it is even better, around 100 Euro more than they were specialling off the cs2 while they had some.

The 29000 set at Lokshop is only 5 Euro more than an ms2 plus 60116 connection box, so you get a whole R2 oval of track for the price of two track pieces.

The bit i hadn't picked up on until I looked at the Modellbahn Kramm site is that the transparent C track is still available. MK list 20197 172mm straights and 20199 end pieces as 'New Items' but Lokshop show them as originating in 2011, and include the 20198 188mm straight.

Offline GlennM  
#276 Posted : 19 January 2016 17:38:03(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Some good items in the New Items catalogue this time around, although I cannot believe there is a market for yet another Goliath crane.

With regard to the 37604 VT 11.5, I have 37605 with add-on set 43115, and apart from having Helvetia lettering on the side the models look the same, am I missing something?

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Online mbarreto  
#277 Posted : 19 January 2016 18:04:26(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Some good items in the New Items catalogue this time around, although I cannot believe there is a market for yet another Goliath crane.

With regard to the 37604 VT 11.5, I have 37605 with add-on set 43115, and apart from having Helvetia lettering on the side the models look the same, am I missing something?

BR

At least the sound will be much better with more possibilities and also the end cars have interior lighting, although by the pictures and functions description it seems still no cab light.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline steventrain  
#278 Posted : 19 January 2016 20:25:11(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hmmmm, 1 March for the CS3/CS3+. Not too long to wait then for someone to get their hands on one. My vote would go to Stephen (although I think Clapcott might also sneak in under the radar!)

I have not order it yet, The EURO currency is about 10% more expensive in past 3 weeks.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#279 Posted : 19 January 2016 20:29:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I have not order it yet, The EURO currency is about 10% more expensive in past 3 weeks.

Like wise here - the euro is more expensive. Blimmin Chinese economy!
Offline GlennM  
#280 Posted : 20 January 2016 02:56:39(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

BR

At least the sound will be much better with more possibilities and also the end cars have interior lighting, although by the pictures and functions description it seems still no cab light.

Thanks, I thought the 37605 and 43115 had interior lighting ???

I have never run mine so I am assuming................
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Hackcell  
#281 Posted : 20 January 2016 03:10:25(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   

BR

At my corner of the planet we can't wait to get a Goliath.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline H0  
#282 Posted : 20 January 2016 07:48:03(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
The German text indicates that the unpowered cars have interior lights. Therefore I assume that the powered cars neither have interior lights (for the compartments) not cab lights.
I have seen the nice paintings that show light coming out of every window, but currently I do not expect that the shipped items will have those lights.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Online mbarreto  
#283 Posted : 20 January 2016 19:32:44(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
The German text indicates that the unpowered cars have interior lights. Therefore I assume that the powered cars neither have interior lights (for the compartments) not cab lights.
I have seen the nice paintings that show light coming out of every window, but currently I do not expect that the shipped items will have those lights.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your opinion.

About the light in the cab, it is not shown in the picture and it also is not mentioned in the function specifications, so I think there is no doubt about that.

Relative to the light I based in the picture of the English version of the NI brochure (page 59). You say that is a nice painting :).. maybe. I hope you are wrong, but usually you are not and maybe this time is no exception.

I have the 37605 and when, more then 10 years ago, I arrived home, tested it and saw there was no interior light in the powered cars I phoned the dealer saying it was damaged. But off course it was not and it was working as designed :(

IMHO it is hard to accept an item of that quality level don't have interior lights in the powered cars. It also should have in the cabin.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline steventrain  
#284 Posted : 20 January 2016 21:28:14(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin 2016 New items Delivery Planned dates in PDF.

>PDF DOWNLOAD<

CS3 now Q2.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#285 Posted : 21 January 2016 02:30:57(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
CS3 now Q2.

Gives us a chance to save our pennies then!

Offline Goofy  
#286 Posted : 21 January 2016 09:23:26(UTC)
Goofy

CS3 now Q2.

Gives us a chance to save our pennies then!

What about if ESU do also present new Ecos?
Are you willing to get this one?

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#287 Posted : 21 January 2016 09:33:54(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yeah, why not!
Offline LeoArietis  
#288 Posted : 21 January 2016 09:56:47(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
Yet another delay for the new curved turn-outs Märklin 24771 and 24772. Mad I want to test them out an maybe rebuild some of the entry to my station.
Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
Offline kiwiAlan  
#289 Posted : 21 January 2016 17:13:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Has anyone come across NI brochures for the various accessory manufacturers? Busch, Noch, Viessmann, etc.

It is getting close to Nurnberg show, and most of them normally have the brochures available before then.

Offline sjlauritsen  
#290 Posted : 21 January 2016 17:48:22(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Has anyone come across NI brochures for the various accessory manufacturers? Busch, Noch, Viessmann, etc.

It is getting close to Nurnberg show, and most of them normally have the brochures available before then.

The Viessmann new items are on the front page of their website: http://www.viessmann-modell.com/

Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline kiwiAlan  
#291 Posted : 21 January 2016 22:27:26(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post

The Viessmann new items are on the front page of their website: http://www.viessmann-modell.com/

Ah, thanks, I hadn't checked their web site.

Offline Armando  
#292 Posted : 21 January 2016 23:48:59(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hello,

I'm sure I can't understand why Märklin chose to reissue the G 5/5 in the new 26603 set in Era II livery instead of choosing to release a new model from the first series in original Bavarian Era I livery. This is same as last year's, but different road number.

I would have hoped to see a new model based on the first Maffei series from 1911.

Am I missing something?Confused
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Armando
Offline kiwiAlan  
#293 Posted : 22 January 2016 00:00:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I'm sure I can't understand why Märklin chose to reissue the G 5/5 in the new 26603 set in Era II livery instead of choosing to release a new model from the first series in original Bavarian Era I livery. This is same as last year's, but different road number.

I would have hoped to see a new model based on the first Maffei series from 1911.

Yeah, the statement reported elsewhere on this forum, from Florian Sieber stating there would be minimal new models this year. So producing a model where the only change needed is the plate with the loco number is extremely close to utopia for those who have to maximise the profit generated by one set of tooling.

Offline Rwill  
#294 Posted : 22 January 2016 00:11:42(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   

Yes thanks for that, whilst others dwell on the merits of CS3 and CS3+, I shall now decide whether as a new fan of Viessmann to buy this year a woman (and a rather plump one at that) snaps a selfie with micro led flashlight or perhaps an organ grinder playing his hand organ - with sound. But then I've already set my heart on a black MS2.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#295 Posted : 22 January 2016 00:20:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post

Yes thanks for that, whilst others dwell on the merits of CS3 and CS3+, I shall now decide whether as a new fan of Viessmann to buy this year a woman (and a rather plump one at that) snaps a selfie with micro led flashlight or perhaps an organ grinder playing his hand organ - with sound. But then I've already set my heart on a black MS2.

Yes, I quite liked the organ grinder. I think I will have to get one of those - and probably the sound module for it as well.

The other 'motion' item I like the look of is the crossing keeper manually working the gates. I am wondering if I can adapt this somehow to be a guy hand cranking a turntable around.

Had a very quick look through the Kibri and Vollmer ones (now both owned by Viessmann), but nothing really stood out. Will ave to go through them again.

Offline Mark_1602  
#296 Posted : 22 January 2016 15:18:55(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Hi,

You're right in pointing out that this reissue doesn't make any sense, except if you have a look at the M* product database. The green G 5/5 is still available and hasn't sold as well as expected, so some (or most?) of last year's surplus G 5/5 that are still in stock will simply get a different road number and be sold as part of this set. Last year they used the same strategy to get rid of the Prussian P 10, and even the Borsig G 8.1. This year's 37067 is presumably the renumbered and weathered 37048 from 2014, which is still in stock as well.

Yesterday I checked out how many new items produced between 2013 and 2015 are still in stock. There are so many that M* has to find a way to get rid of them and can't announce as many new items this year. About two years ago, M* reduced discounts given to the largest official dealers and stopped the practice of using unofficial Ebay sellers to get rid of heavily discounted stock items that couldn't be sold, but those measures have backfired.

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602
Offline steventrain  
#297 Posted : 26 January 2016 09:50:07(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Any news on Toyfair locomotive 2016?

Edit - 37017 S2/6 Blue.

Edited by user 26 January 2016 21:47:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kiwiAlan  
#298 Posted : 26 January 2016 19:57:55(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Any news on Toyfair locomotive 2016?

Don't you need to wait until wednesday for the toyfair to actually start Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Offline H0  
#299 Posted : 26 January 2016 21:18:03(UTC)
H0

Information about the toy fair model was posted today in a separate thread:
https://www.marklin-user...ir-37017-S2-6#post507485

Information leaked before the start of the toy fair.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#300 Posted : 27 January 2016 16:42:09(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Photos from Nurnberg fair by Het Groterdam Project

https://www.facebook.com...ct/posts/910180139077312
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain