Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Berty Van Hensbergen  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2015 22:17:13(UTC)
Berty Van Hensbergen

Does anyone have any experience in servicing the 5146 nd 5147 m track switches. I have recently bought some of these and the rockers are sticky. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? At the moment they often operate the signal but then maintain the connection leaving current flowing to the solenoid and preventing the next switch track from changing the signal back to green.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Berty
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2016 13:28:58(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Berty, I have experienced the same problems over years and eventually I have come up with my own solution but this I will reveal a little bit later.

the mechanism is pretty much the same as the M or K track and any adjustments made prior could result in them not going back to its neutral position and you've indicated the results.
the only way I was able to re-align them again by looking at a which operated without any failures and this means you have to dismantle the levers and readjust them they way they should be.

my invention actually stems from these failures and I've been able to design a small circuit board with a reflective opto coupler (pulse) which is activated via the slider but it has no independent direction control.
although I'm using it with K-track it can easily be used with M or C -track by drilling a big enough hole right next to the middle stud and the same size hole into your board. the other advantage of this is you can insert it anywhere on your layout.
You most probably think I've bought all these switching tracks and now this fellow tries to tell me more or less throw them away, you may re-consider it because you will find sometimes down the track they will fail again and sometimes we have to make decisions and hard decisions what to use !!.
even if you consider changing them to C-switching tracks you may find the same problem, although they have micro switches in them they can give you as much trouble as any other switching track, the reason = when and whoever soldered the micro switches onto the small circuit board used a solder iron with to much temperature hence reducing the spring action the lever needs to return to its neutral position.

I'm just in the process installing all my reflective opto couplers and will soon take a video of it.

Image (44).jpg

https://www.marklin-user...9-will-be-made-redundant

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109