Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vilithejou  
#1 Posted : 18 December 2015 01:19:46(UTC)
vilithejou

Marklin Museumwagen 2016

http://www.maerklin.de/d...lin-museum/museumswagen/

And photo in Ho the car and the truck in epoche IV!!!!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Pricie:44,99€

Trix museumwagen 2016

http://www.trix.de/de/se...museum/museumswagen.html

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 18 December 2015 17:56:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 18 December 2015 10:21:01(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Thanks Joan,

I'm a great fan of the Museum wagon sets so I might try to get this one soon. I assume you made a typo and this is the 2016 set not 2015?

I quite like the Trix set too. In fact I think I like it more than the Marklin one!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 18 December 2015 18:43:28(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
It came with tin.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 18 December 2015 23:23:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joan,

I'm a great fan of the Museum wagon sets so I might try to get this one soon. I assume you made a typo and this is the 2016 set not 2015?

I quite like the Trix set too. In fact I think I like it more than the Marklin one!

a lot of people forget to look at the Trix offerings, but they do come up with some nice wagons.

Previously, over a period of a few years the Trix Museum wagon was an earlier era (II/III) wagon than the Marklin one (typically era V/VI), but lettered for the same company. They have gone their separate ways in the last 2/3 years.

Both of those will be on my shopping list.

Offline pab  
#5 Posted : 19 December 2015 23:49:27(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
I have all the museum cars except the expensive 1985 and 1986 models.
This one is era IV and the four axle tankcar is never used as a museum item.
I noticed the truck is from Brekina. In earlier editions the truck was made bij Märklin.
See when and where I can find the 2016 car. BigGrin BigGrin
Offline Mark5  
#6 Posted : 20 December 2015 00:00:07(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
As someone with a background in printmaking... I am a bit of typography/font junkie.
And I am curious if anyone has a photo of the prototype.
The lettering on the side of the car looks decidedly "modern" and I am wondering how well it matches the prototype.
- Mark
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 20 December 2015 00:21:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: pab Go to Quoted Post
I noticed the truck is from Brekina. In earlier editions the truck was made bij Märklin.

Are you sure the older vehicles were not made by one of the other model companies that make vehicles? Marklin have used Brekina and Wiking vehicles extensively over the years, so it is not unusual for them to obtain vehicles from other companies, and I suspect you will find that previous museum wagons with trucks had the trucks supplied by another company.

I too have the full range apart from the two first years - and I also have the 125 years of Marklin weathered set which has the wagon often used to fake a 1985 museum wagon as they are the same except for the writing on the destination load board (I believe) - certainly the same 'mustard' colour, but I haven't checked the other writing against a picture of the proper museum wagon.

But do you have the sets for the years where Marklin appears to have made insufficient museum car sets, and produced an extra batch - but the truck supplied is a different colour! I beleive some people decry the possibility, but there is about two or three years where this seems to have happened.

Offline pab  
#8 Posted : 20 December 2015 14:44:36(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pab Go to Quoted Post

Are you sure the older vehicles were not made by one of the other model companies that make vehicles? Marklin have used Brekina and Wiking vehicles extensively over the years, so it is not unusual for them to obtain vehicles from other companies, and I suspect you will find that previous museum wagons with trucks had the trucks supplied by another company.

I too have the full range apart from the two first years - and I also have the 125 years of Marklin weathered set which has the wagon often used to fake a 1985 museum wagon as they are the same except for the writing on the destination load board (I believe) - certainly the same 'mustard' colour, but I haven't checked the other writing against a picture of the proper museum wagon.

But do you have the sets for the years where Marklin appears to have made insufficient museum car sets, and produced an extra batch - but the truck supplied is a different colour! I beleive some people decry the possibility, but there is about two or three years where this seems to have happened.

As far as I know the Märklin vehicles are metal models.
I have a lot brekina cars, but those are plastic.
I do have the "fake" 1985 car, the real museum car has a museum logo printed on the car. For the rest I have only one museum wagon for each year. There is one with a later corrected typo, the 1987 item I believe.

Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 20 December 2015 16:26:21(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
And I am curious if anyone has a photo of the prototype.
Yes, it would be nice to see prototype photos of all museum cars. Wink

A quick search only finds model photos - including Märklin 46519 with old lettering.
Link to the similar Trix model:
http://mobadaten.de/wiki...%22Divinol%22_(4-achsig)
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline NS1200  
#10 Posted : 21 December 2015 20:42:02(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Have not as yet found a picture of the prototype of the 4 axle tankcar,same for the lorry.
M says the models reflect the prototypes of the late seventies,which i tend to believe.

There is a long standing relationship between M and Zeller und Gmelin,not surprising because Eislingen is a town very close to Goeppingen,hometown of M.
The 4 axle tankcar was earlier issued as M 46519 with Divinol on the sides,Divinol being a productname of subject factory.
The 1992 museumcar was a 2 axle tankcar plus metal lorry for the same company.
There has also been a 2 axle tankcar based on the Hobby range as M 4440.

The first pictures of the actual 2016 museumset are now circulating on internet.

http://www.ho3067.dk/46519.jpg

http://www.modellbahn.co....1000.modellbahn.com.jpg
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200