Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nigel Packer  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2015 12:02:37(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
The Warley National Model Railway Exhibition, at the National Exhibition Centre near Birmingham on November 28/29 2015, is the UK’s largest model train show of the year.

It is always well worth a visit, though usually there is very little, if any, Märklin to be seen.

However, this year, Brima, probably the biggest and best professional layout-building company in the world, are bringing a Märklin show layout to Warley. I don’t remember ever having seen a state-of-the-art Märklin Digital layout being displayed at a major train show in the UK before, and I think it will be very interesting to see the reaction of show visitors. I think it will be quite unlike any layout most people have ever seen before.

I am a big fan of Brima, and also a customer of theirs, and I will be helping out on their stand at the show throughout the weekend. So, if you are planning on attending the show, make sure you come up and introduce yourself!

Obviously, the point of this for Brima is to attract new potential customers, and to increase their presence in the UK. Uwe Brilmayer, the head of the company, will be on the stand, and he will be happy to discuss any layout design questions (Märklin or otherwise), and to offer advice and suggestions, as well as to show the services that Brima has to offer. Uwe’s knowledge and design inspiration is extraordinary, and, even if you are not in the market for a new layout, it is well worth having a talk to him.

Brima can do anything from simply providing a track plan to building a complete all-singing all-dancing layout with computer control, working car system, programmable lighting and so on. And there are hundreds of options and possibilities in between. There are almost 50 optional steps in the complete layout building procedure, and customers can pick any combination of these options. And every layout is unique and custom designed, so customers can have absolutely anything they want. Over the last 22 years, Brima has designed and built literally hundreds of model railway layouts, for customers all over the world.

I strongly recommend that anyone in the UK who is available at the weekend of 28/29 November (this month) should come along to the NEC in Birmingham and have a look. And recommend this to all your friends, and tell the show organisers that you are there to see the Märklin, and perhaps we can together help to increase the presence of Märklin in the UK market!

Hope to see you there!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline rmsailor  
#2 Posted : 11 November 2015 13:32:14(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
hi Nigel.

Make sure you get plenty of pictures and post them. That weekend I shall be at the rather more humble exhibition at Falkirk.

Bob M.
Offline danmarklinman  
#3 Posted : 11 November 2015 14:19:09(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi Nigel. There is going i believe to be two layouts, with Marklin on? Apart from the big layout you mentioned theres going to be a layout from Germany. Which is small but plenty of detail. Lots of animation. Right up my streetBigGrin Its avertised in this Months Continental Modeller, from Peco publications. And has in the past featured on a year with Marklin DVD with your insider club.
ps see you thereThumpUp
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline mrmarklin  
#4 Posted : 11 November 2015 16:25:58(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
This is exciting. I'll look forward to the "after action" report!Drool
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline hennabm  
#5 Posted : 12 November 2015 21:05:07(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Nigel

Thanks for the reminder.BigGrin As I mentioned before I will be joining you on the Saturday.ThumpUp

Looking forward to my first visit to the Warley show.BigGrin

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 12 November 2015 21:41:26(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
What year is the last Marklin attend NEC?

I seen exhibition list inside back of Marklin 1990s catalogue.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#7 Posted : 12 November 2015 23:23:24(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
What year is the last Marklin attend NEC?

I seen exhibition list inside back of Marklin 1990s catalogue.

I've never seen Märklin there, though I don't go every year. Gaugemaster used to have some Märklin on their stand years ago, but stopped displaying Märklin when they lost the distributorship.

Ian Pidcock (Mount Tabor Models) used to have a few random Märklin items on his stand for sale, but he is not attending the show at all this year.

I've never seen a serious Märklin layout there, though Fleischmann used to have a show layout they brought sometimes - that was before they went bust, though.

Nigel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline scarfo  
#8 Posted : 13 November 2015 11:35:10(UTC)
scarfo

India   
Hi Nigel - thanks for the info, and look forward to meeting you at warley. I don't often get to go as its a bit of a trek from Goa, but this year I'm here in UK at just the right time, so looking forward to it.
Regards Charles
Offline danmarklinman  
#9 Posted : 13 November 2015 11:35:33(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi , last year I got myself a member of the Warley club. So I could take my layout to Warley? That gave me free entry to the show this year?
I decided not to put my layout forward in the end. Not wishing myself the hard work to arrange it all and the thought of getting it damaged in transit.
I'm sure I remember seeing a Marklin rep one year at the NEC show in the 90s, but I'm not sure of the year. I useually go every year. As there are some nice layouts and good model making. This year looks to be a good one. As there will be Marklin and to see the digital road system.😀👍
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Nigel Packer  
#10 Posted : 14 November 2015 00:01:46(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: scarfo Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nigel - thanks for the info, and look forward to meeting you at warley. I don't often get to go as its a bit of a trek from Goa, but this year I'm here in UK at just the right time, so looking forward to it.
Regards Charles

There should be a prize for the furthest-travelled visitor! I look forward to meeting you at the show!

Nigel
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 14 November 2015 13:15:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
Regards Charles

There should be a prize for the furthest-travelled visitor! I look forward to meeting you at the show!

Nigel

Hey, maybe I could win that ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Love
Offline GlennM  
#12 Posted : 14 November 2015 16:58:54(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
I would like to add that Brima / Marklin would not be at Warley this year if it was not for the hard work and efforts of Nigel, which started over a year ago, and culminated in a private meeting with Florian Sieber earlier this year. Nigel has pushed hard for this to happen and it is great news that some interest is being shown in the UK market.

Since I joined the Marklin Club UK, I have heard many many complaints from members that Marklin does not have a reasonable presence in the UK. Well this is your chance to show some support for the brand by attending the show and showing Marklin that they should not ignore this market and that we need such important things like a decent UK agent.

Look forward to meeting some new forum members at the show, and Bravo Nigel !!!

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline NZMarklinist  
#13 Posted : 14 November 2015 23:25:01(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Regards Charles

Nigel

Hey, maybe I could win that ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Love

Nope, but I could Wink Wink Wink Woot Woot Woot LOL LOL LOL Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline danmarklinman  
#14 Posted : 14 November 2015 23:39:41(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Well said Glenn. And cheers to Nigel for making this happen👍 . Yes it would be good to show that Marklin has got a following in the UK?
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline hennabm  
#15 Posted : 15 November 2015 20:44:22(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   

Ian Pidcock (Mount Tabor Models) used to have a few random Märklin items on his stand for sale, but he is not attending the show at all this year.

Nigel

I saw Ian yesterday at the Spalding show and he had none for sale but he did have a circle of C and Z track and engines running on display.

I asked if he could bring some M to next year's Spalding show as my layout will be thereCool

Looking forward to seeing the Brima crew again at WarleyBigGrin

ATB
Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline Robert Davies  
#16 Posted : 17 November 2015 12:23:59(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
I thought I was going to miss this but I have been able to rearrange things so I will see you on the Saturday. I can't wait to see the joys ahead.

Thanks to Nigel for making this work.
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Robert Davies
Offline Nigel Packer  
#17 Posted : 17 November 2015 23:28:27(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post

Looking forward to seeing the Brima crew again at WarleyBigGrin

ATB
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, Uwe Brilmayer (whom you have met) will be there, and also Florian Fischer, who is a Brima technician.

There's an open day at the Brima factory this weekend, so they're very busy at the moment.

See you at the NEC!

Nigel
Offline Nigel Packer  
#18 Posted : 25 November 2015 12:59:07(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
I have just received a ton (literally, actually it's 1,200Kg) of catalogues and brochures from Märklin for us to give away at the train show this weekend.

It's incredibly generous of Märklin to send me so much stuff. See photo of my garage below.

So, if you are in the UK this weekend, and can get to the NEC in Birmingham, be sure to come along to see the Brima layout and say hello. It's stand A15, quite near the entrance to the hall.

Nigel

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline petestra  
#19 Posted : 25 November 2015 16:49:57(UTC)
petestra

United States   
That's super, Nigel. Märklin may just get themselves some new customers this way. Wish I were there. Cheers, Peter.Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline mrmarklin  
#20 Posted : 25 November 2015 19:15:33(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
I have just received a ton (literally, actually it's 1,200Kg) of catalogues and brochures from Märklin for us to give away at the train show this weekend.

It's incredibly generous of Märklin to send me so much stuff. See photo of my garage below.

So, if you are in the UK this weekend, and can get to the NEC in Birmingham, be sure to come along to see the Brima layout and say hello. It's stand A15, quite near the entrance to the hall.

Nigel

Yikes!!!!

Is Uwe going to pick up all that in his truck? I would hope so!Blink
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline kiwiAlan  
#21 Posted : 25 November 2015 19:28:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Nigel

They have given you 2015/16 catalogues to give away ??? Woot Woot Woot Woot It certainly looks like it from the spines I can see Scared Scared Scared

That would upset gaugemaster (who will presumably be trying to sell them) RollEyes RollEyes

Should see you there on Saturday, all being well.

Regards

Alan

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#22 Posted : 25 November 2015 21:18:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

That would upset gaugemaster (who will presumably be trying to sell them) RollEyes RollEyes

Regards

Alan

Gaugemaster Control was attend B21 oversee A15.OhMyGod

Nigel - One free catalog to per customer, Don't give free bulk catalog to customer/trader to sell for money.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#23 Posted : 25 November 2015 23:41:44(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   

They have given you 2015/16 catalogues to give away ??? Woot Woot Woot Woot It certainly looks like it from the spines I can see Scared Scared Scared

Some, but mostly they are 2014/15 catalogues (500 of them), plus all the various New Items brochures for the year. And lots of stickers!

Customers and enthusiasts who are new to Märklin will find plenty to read. And the older catalogue, plus the New Items, contains the same information as the new catalogue (pretty much).

Storage space and lack of muscle tone will be our biggest problems, I think!

Nigel
Offline river6109  
#24 Posted : 26 November 2015 04:43:50(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
it seems to me a very expensive way to show a layout and for this reason it must be for the richer possible train enthusiast who could afford for somebody else to build a layout, on the other hand it is good advertisement material to promote a hobby from a different country with different locos and rolling stock. to send Märklin catalogues to England is most probably the cheapest way to get noticed and Märklin may found to send a representative there is a waste of money.

I hope you all get good respond and have an enjoyable day or two.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline steventrain  
#25 Posted : 27 November 2015 17:27:14(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline rmsailor  
#26 Posted : 27 November 2015 19:26:58(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Absolutely nothing to do with Marklin but if you are going to Warley take a look at the layout Burntisland, which is also the December Railway Modeller's railway of the month. The layout models the port of that name as it was in the mid nineteenth century. My reason for recommending it is that I stay only a few miles away from there and know the area well having sailed there and passed in the train. The area modeled is still quite recognizable from the layout though the station was changed to a through line with the extension to the Forth Bridge and the harbour greatly extended to seaward with a new dock and breakwaters. Burntisland is of note for being the place where the world's first train ferry departed for the crossing to Granton (Edinburgh). It was designed by Thomas Bouch, later to fined imfamy for the First Tay bridge.

Bob M.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by rmsailor
Offline GlennM  
#27 Posted : 28 November 2015 00:42:10(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rmsailor Go to Quoted Post
Absolutely nothing to do with Marklin but if you are going to Warley take a look at the layout Burntisland, which is also the December Railway Modeller's railway of the month. The layout models the port of that name as it was in the mid nineteenth century. My reason for recommending it is that I stay only a few miles away from there and know the area well having sailed there and passed in the train. The area modeled is still quite recognizable from the layout though the station was changed to a through line with the extension to the Forth Bridge and the harbour greatly extended to seaward with a new dock and breakwaters. Burntisland is of note for being the place where the world's first train ferry departed for the crossing to Granton (Edinburgh). It was designed by Thomas Bouch, later to fined imfamy for the First Tay bridge.

Bob M.

Thanks Bob, will do
Offline GlennM  
#28 Posted : 28 November 2015 00:45:01(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
This morning en route to Warley Show in Birmingham to support the Brima boys and their Marklin layout, with just a few Marklin catalogs in the car ............................

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline river6109  
#29 Posted : 28 November 2015 11:15:30(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Glenn, looks like its getting like America, you have to protect these catalogues by keeping a gun in the car, how come when we talk about Märklin there is no room for anybody else (lol) is it in an English or German language
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Robert Davies  
#30 Posted : 28 November 2015 19:00:25(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
Really enjoyed my visit to the Warley and it was good to see fellow Marklinists there. Thank you to Nigel for giving me a run through and thanks to Glenn who was doing continuous duty handing out the Marklin catalogues.

The Brima layout was really impressive and it has given me lots of ideas for the future, including contracting out all the scenic work! The work that Brima do is really good and Nigel explained that they offer a complete package of services from which you can select what you need.

Good to see Mike as well and I gather I missed KiwiAlan so all in all a respectable turnout from the Marklin UK community and more expected tomorrow.
Robert
Era III - IV
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Robert Davies
Offline hennabm  
#31 Posted : 28 November 2015 19:05:59(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Robert

Good to see you againThumpUp

Judging by the reaction of some of the visitors, we may well see some new faces at forthcoming Club UK eventsBigGrin

Glenn should really be a salesman as he did a sterling job with those cataloguesCool

See you all soonThumpUp

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline michelvr  
#32 Posted : 29 November 2015 02:02:17(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Nigel Packer!

As a lover of Marklin and anything to do with Marklin may I thank you for promoting the hobby. As I live across the Atlantic I will miss this, but may I say something that I believe you to be, "A jolly good old chap!"

Wish I was there!

Michel
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline river6109  
#33 Posted : 29 November 2015 10:31:43(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Looks like a success story all around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Kerry POPE  
#34 Posted : 29 November 2015 14:43:18(UTC)
Kerry POPE

United Kingdom   
Good day at Warley yesterday bought some carriages and a loco so worth going.

it was also great to meet other marklin enthusiasts and will keep in touch on the forum and hope to meet up at some events
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Kerry POPE
Offline kiwiAlan  
#35 Posted : 29 November 2015 19:52:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

More ohotos here and there should be another somewhere which I took on Ule's phone for him which included GlenM in the group.

My photo doesn't have Glen in it - I think he was still busy handing out catalogues to anyone who would take them.
IMG_7913.JPG

Another shot of the layout from the other end. This layout is due to be delivered to a customer in Germany next week sometime.
IMG_7910.JPG

As others have noted, there was a lot of interest, Glen just about didn't have time to drink his coffee he was that busy handing out catalogues.

A number of people talked to Nigel when they realised that the layout was running Marklin, and there are a number of possible new members for this forum (we have already seen one on the forum) including one who is part of a group in the Bedford area who had been thinking of starting a UK Marklin Club - then realised we were about 10 years ahead of him.

thanks 9 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Robert Davies  
#36 Posted : 30 November 2015 12:28:42(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
3 more (poor) pictures from Saturday from my mobile phone to go with the set.

2015-11-28 12.59.46.jpg
2015-11-28 12.59.11.jpg
2015-11-28 12.59.03.jpg
Robert
Era III - IV
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Robert Davies
Offline Ian555  
#37 Posted : 30 November 2015 12:48:14(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Alan and Robert,

Thanks for the photo's.

Ian.

Offline GlennM  
#38 Posted : 30 November 2015 13:02:10(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Kerry POPE Go to Quoted Post
Good day at Warley yesterday bought some carriages and a loco so worth going.

it was also great to meet other marklin enthusiasts and will keep in touch on the forum and hope to meet up at some events

Kerry,

Welcome to the Forum, it was very nice to meet you at the Show.

If you have any questions there are many enthusiasts here who will offer great advice and innovative solutions to problems. Hope to see you at one of forthcoming events.

Best Regards

GlennM
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#39 Posted : 30 November 2015 13:37:11(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Just recovering from a hectic week-end, but it was all great fun and worth the effort.

Thanks to Alan and Robert for their pictures, and to everyone for their kind words on my catalog disposal skills BigGrin for those interested we were able to get rid of around a 1,000kgs of catalogs which in material terms represents just over 400 2014-15 Full item Catalogs, around 350 2015 New Items catalogs, 100 2015 New Fall item catalogs, and 600 2015 New Summer items catalogs, plus a sizable pile of Marklin stickers BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin (all figures genuine estimates Blink Blink )

The Brima layout was awesome, there are plenty of photos on this thread and Facebook so I will not post anymore, but I will say that the layout ran for two days without a single derailment issue, which is more than can be said for the other display layouts present. Glad to say there was a lot of interest in the layout and in Marklin itself, and several people showed interest in this Forum and I see Kerry has already joined.

Great to meet up with all the Forum members including but not limited to; Nigel, Mike (and his lovely wife), Robert, Alan, Dan, and the member from Goa (whose Forum handle has escaped my memory Blushing ) and of course Kerry.

A very big thanks goes to Brima for having the belief to attend, Nigel for organising and to Marklin for giving us something to give away. It is now time to start planning next year.

BR

GlennM

PS: Gaugemaster the supposed UK Marklin dealer had little or nothing Marklin for sale, what a waste of space. Cursing Cursing Cursing

P.P.S - There was another German dealer present, they made the effort to attend they brought some wonderful continent items included some Marklin which included a snow weather gauge 1 crocodile which was simply beautiful, and I said I would give them a plug (Please note I am in no way affiliated with this company), they have three stores in Germany in Dusseldorf, Hannover and Dortmund and a new website @ www.dm-toys.net
They claim to have a great selection of Marklin items including some hard to obtain items such as the new disco coach item.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#40 Posted : 30 November 2015 13:47:35(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
I did not get much chance to spend looking at the layouts, there were some very nicely detailed layouts (all British themed) but this was my favorite British layout from this years show titled World's End;

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I hope someone else will be able to post more pictures of the other layouts on display.

BR

GlennM
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline kiwiAlan  
#41 Posted : 30 November 2015 14:51:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
I did not get much chance to spend looking at the layouts, there were some very nicely detailed layouts (all British themed) but this was my favorite British layout from this years show titled World's End;

I hope someone else will be able to post more pictures of the other layouts on display.

BR

GlennM

Thanks for those pictures. There were so many people around this layout when I went past I couldn't get a decent picture.

The other one i meant to get a picture of was the 'burntisland' layout someone else mentioned. It had awesome swells in the sea, and I wondered how they did that. I did recommend to Uli to go and see it (what is the name of his side kick, i don't think I ever remember hearing it?).

Offline GlennM  
#42 Posted : 30 November 2015 16:31:07(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

BR

GlennM

Thanks for those pictures. There were so many people around this layout when I went past I couldn't get a decent picture.

The other one i meant to get a picture of was the 'burntisland' layout someone else mentioned. It had awesome swells in the sea, and I wondered how they did that. I did recommend to Uli to go and see it (what is the name of his side kick, i don't think I ever remember hearing it?).

Alan,

This layout was mobbed when I first went, and I went back determined to get a picture or two. I especially loved the use of cotton wool to simulate the smoke from the musket fire, so simple but effective.

The Burntisland layout was recommended by Bob from Fife (Forum name rmsailor), when I went it was mobbed and could not get any pictures, shame really, as it was a fine looking layout. IIRC it had been in a recent magazine and maybe that explained how they did the sea swell, maybe Bob can advise.

Not sure if Uwe saw Burntisland, his assistant was Florian, the electronics and programming wizard.

BR
Offline Nigel Packer  
#43 Posted : 01 December 2015 16:58:12(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Thanks to everybody who came to see us at the show - it was good to meet you all. (And I still think Charles travelled the furthest!)

We were inundated with visitors for the whole weekend, so apologies if we didn't have enough time to talk.

I'm hoping that resulting from the show there will be some layout design business for Brima, and a bit more of a showing from Märklin themselves at future events. I think we've proved that the customer interest is there!

Uwe Brilmayer of Brima has already decided that we will be at the Warley show again next year, and with a different Märklin layout. Many people told us that ours was the best layout at the show this year, so that was very gratifying!

Nigel
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline Dreadnought  
#44 Posted : 01 December 2015 20:16:09(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
You are complicating my life!
I have to go to the Treff on odd years, and Eurospoor around that. Now you are adding Warley as another "can't miss". Keep it up, and I may have to move to Europe!
It looks as if you had a wonderful time, and did a phenomenal job. Well done to all.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline scarfo  
#45 Posted : 02 December 2015 00:31:09(UTC)
scarfo

India   
Hi everyone - I'll add my thanks to everyone at the warley show - great day, and so extra great to see some marklin there, and especially well done with all the promotion. I have much to think about and act on when I get back to Goa!
Regards Charles
Offline GlennM  
#46 Posted : 02 December 2015 11:54:22(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Hi everyone - I'll add my thanks to everyone at the warley show - great day, and so extra great to see some marklin there, and especially well done with all the promotion. I have much to think about and act on when I get back to Goa!
Regards Charles

Great to see you to and have a chance of a natter. Enjoy your new coach set.

All the best

GlennM
Offline steventrain  
#47 Posted : 16 November 2016 10:38:55(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

Uwe Brilmayer of Brima has already decided that we will be at the Warley show again next year, and with a different Märklin layout.

Nigel

Warley show two weeks away - But Brima is not on 2016 exhibition list.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#48 Posted : 16 November 2016 12:17:41(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   

Warley show two weeks away - But Brima is not on 2016 exhibition list.

Sadly, Brima decided to pull out. In spite of getting a huge amount of interest, and several serious promises, they have received no orders or business as a result of their attendance at Warley last year. It's very expensive for Brima to come over with a layout, and they have a lot of orders from customers in Germany and Europe, so it does not make economic sense for them to come again.

They're coming to my house in January, though . . .

Nigel

PS As far as I know, Märklin themselves are also not coming to Warley, in spite of promises to do so (from the very top).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline hennabm  
#49 Posted : 16 November 2016 17:16:57(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi all

Talking to a few people at Spalding MRC show last weekend and surprisingly a number thought it was M* themselves at the show last year and not Brima and MCUK team.

They all commented on how it was great to see M* there (!) and were sadenned that M* were not going to be at Warley this year.
The comments on the Brima layout were all very positive as well.

I think so too on both counts.

Maybe the UK just isn't a big enough market for M*?

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennabm