Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Martin T  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2015 16:18:38(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Hi friends! Smile

Last week I went to the largest model railroad installation in Scandinavia, Gamlebyen Modeljernbane senter in Norway. Love
My guide at the center, Jonas Jacobsen, put my action camera on a train and gave an interview on how the layout was set up and operated.
I boiled all of the video material down to a 8 minute documentary of the layout.
Enjoy!

Regards / Martin T
Click your way over to me in Marbrodal in Sweden: http://www.xn--mrklintg-0zaq.se/index_e.html
thanks 28 users liked this useful post by Martin T
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 28 November 2015 02:42:04(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Martin,
I enjoyed the video very much.
It was easy to follow, and the main themes and operations of the layout were well explained.
I liked the question about loco maintenance .... spot on.

When do you take over from Herr Ortloff? BigGrin

Being not far to the Swedish border, probably contributes to its apparent success.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline michelvr  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2015 16:02:24(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello Martin,

Best video l've seen in a long time! I was surprised that it was Marklin track and trains. Most layouts I've seen seems to be 2 rail. This is perfect, right where it belongs on this forum!

Thank you for taking this for us!

Regards,

Michel

Edited by user 29 November 2015 02:17:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline Martin T  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2015 20:27:28(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Thank you very much for the kind comments! BigGrin
I have finally after 45 years realized what I really want to do with my Life. Travel around and make video documenatarys from the largest and nicest layouts in the World.. Only probz is.. Who´s gonna pay for it?! Glare

BTW.. I have almost no Viewers in the USA.. What is the largest MRR-forum is US?
Anyone knows?

Regards / Martin T
Click your way over to me in Marbrodal in Sweden: http://www.xn--mrklintg-0zaq.se/index_e.html
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Martin T
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 30 November 2015 14:30:20(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Martin, its a mystery to me I have over 2400 subscribers but I think 3/4 of them don't exist anymore or don't watch my videos, I'm not complaining but one thinks sometimes what is going on. mt main viewers are from Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Italy, Austria, Spain, Belgium and Denmark. 90% male 10% female although USA is in there I can't see how many watch my videos.

going back to your video its nice to see a.) an another magnificent layout, b.) your time and effort (thanks), c.) a simple but very effective introduction and explanation for different aspects.

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Martin T  
#6 Posted : 30 November 2015 17:58:50(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Martin, its a mystery to me I have over 2400 subscribers but I think 3/4 of them don't exist anymore or don't watch my videos, I'm not complaining but one thinks sometimes what is going on. mt main viewers are from Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Italy, Austria, Spain, Belgium and Denmark. 90% male 10% female although USA is in there I can't see how many watch my videos.

going back to your video its nice to see a.) an another magnificent layout, b.) your time and effort (thanks), c.) a simple but very effective introduction and explanation for different aspects.

regards.,

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your kind Words!
I´m one of your subscribers and I never miss any of your new videos! Cool
You´re soo right! I see exactly the same spread between countries and people. What surprices me is that only 2.4% is US, but I haven´t been Active in any US forums, so it is no surprice really.. German Viewers didn´t pick up until I started to post on Stummi and got a German interpretor dubbing the videos.. Laugh
Regards / Martin T
Offline petestra  
#7 Posted : 01 December 2015 00:57:44(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Just super, Martin. Thanks so much for the trip. Peter ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Smile