Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dimitris Kanellos  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2015 11:47:49(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

Hi all! I have a power problem in the station area i think. maybe is from the IEK brake moduls or the power supply is not enough.
here is a photo from my layout UserPostedImage
the control is with the mobile station 2, the lights and the decoders for the solenoids is powered from another transformator.
everything works perfect, but when one train, with lights in wagons, stops into the station area, then after few seconds the power drops and the emergency stop button turn on. if i stop it manualy with out the braking modul, then everything is ok. all trains stops perfect inside the braking area and there is no contact with the enter area of braking module.
heres is photos from the trains to.
UserPostedImage this train is with one mfx decoder rebuild and the wagons are with the light buls inside supplied from main track.
UserPostedImage this train is also rebuild with mfx decoder and the wagons is with leds and decoder that i dont know how they works.
UserPostedImage this is the 29470 with the 43586 and 73140 interior lighting. this train i have notice that cause the problem if is stop in the station. with out this train the problem is still on but i dont have find the cause.
UserPostedImage this is the 3370 with one mfx rebuild. the light on wagons is led.

any ideas to check will be helpful. i try to post one video later with problem.
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2015 13:03:29(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
look if your wiring is correct and look if the train with all its wagons are within the braking area , if you have one carriage with a slider sitting over the activating track you may experience a short. a wiring digogram would be more helpful as it would tell us what you have done or what you may have done wrong.

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
#3 Posted : 26 November 2015 13:56:18(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

every train stops perfectly in braking area. and the wiring is also correct. but i make a diagram in case that i have something wrong.
thanks for the answer.
Offline pab  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2015 14:18:20(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
I had once a problem with my braking sections.

It turned out that the transition section was too long. The slider of the first car behind the loco hit the transition section before the slider of the loco left it completely.

Now that can happen anymore and I have no problems of that kind anymore.

I always have just one slider for the interior lighting, normally direct behind the locomotive. I you connect somehow the braking section with the "normal" section by bridging the transition section it will cause a short.
#5 Posted : 26 November 2015 15:40:48(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

thanks for the tip. but there is no problem with the sliders. the transition section is only one track.
#6 Posted : 26 November 2015 16:07:40(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

here is a plan from main station.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dimitris Kanellos
#7 Posted : 27 November 2015 09:25:36(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

good morning to all.
it seems that the problem is from power. there is not enough power. i isolate the lights from ICE and from double stock wagons and everything runs perfect now. i think that mobile station 2 is not enough for medium layouts like this. if i run only the lokos is ok. but with all the lights...Crying .
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 27 November 2015 09:38:14(UTC)
H0

The MS2 can display the actual track current. There is a limit of 1.9 A and you can check how close you are to the limit.
While the average load may be below 1.9 A, short peaks could trigger the overload protection a bit earlier.

My ICE 3 draws about 1.0 A while standing and about 1.5 A while driving full speed. With that train there is hardly any power left for a second train.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
#9 Posted : 27 November 2015 09:41:49(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

thanks man!! i never think to check my display!!
#10 Posted : 29 November 2015 00:02:03(UTC)
Dimitris Kanellos

problem solved. its all about the interior lights. i have replace the light bulbs with led and now everything run perfect!
i saw the main current price is about 0,9A-1,2A and temperature 42'C. with the bulbs was 1,5A-1,7A and temperature 53'C.
Offline Goofy  
#11 Posted : 29 November 2015 18:26:08(UTC)
Goofy

I suppose you did used old light bulbs for the waggons?
Those bulbs at 16 volts do take about 1,5 VA per each,which means 3 VA in each of the waggons.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control