Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jorwes  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2015 22:21:04(UTC)
jorwes

Sweden   
Hi

I have a 37943, Green Cargo T44 diesel engine train.

It has sound and MFX decoder from factory.

When I start the train and the sound it works fine, but when wanting to add or shut of a sound (i.e. pushing the Horn or shouting sound of) it hangs and only way to stop sound is to hit the STOP bottom on CS2 twice.

I have heard others with same issue and also sent the question to Markin, but knowing there normal way of handling questions it will take a while and I will only get part of my questions replied.

SO...is there more people having this issue in this forum?
Any suggestion how to get it solved?

It´s so sad to have a nice loco from 2015 with this issues...should not be, test at Märklin should have get this before leaving factory.....
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jorwes
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2015 10:25:15(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Jorwes,
When we had the last meeting here in India, we ran a BR 37958 controlled my MS2. We faced the similar issue with the horn. My friend had workaround for horn not to hang. He used to press and release the function button quickly. If we press the button even for more than a 2 seconds, the horn never used to stop. We had to hit the stop and start again.
Regards,
Madhu
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline Mark_1602  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2015 21:59:23(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Originally Posted by: jorwes Go to Quoted Post

Any suggestion how to get it solved?

Hi,

Earlier this year, I bought a 37942 T44, which had a defect decoder. Just do what I did: send it back to the Märklin repair service in Göppingen (or give it back to your local dealer), and you'll get a new T44 or a new decoder. If more customers send back locomotives with defects, Märklin will have to improve its quality control management.

Most Märklin locomotives are assembled in Hungary nowadays, and the workers at that factory are not as experienced or reliable as those in Göppingen. Most active Märklin customers have had warranty cases in the last few years, but the customer service is usually helpful. All of my cases have been solved. Incidentally, my T44 was replaced twice: the second one had another defect (plastic part broken off), but the third T44 I got is perfect. Better quality control would have been cheaper for Märklin in this case ... Smile

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.