Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline biedmatt  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2015 00:22:16(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
When QC can neither remember what they did nor cope with the passing of time: The four axle rebuild coaches released through this year, Combo car 41330, 1st and 2nd class car 41310 (last released) and 2nd class cars 41320 and 41323.

41310, is the only one of the four with a smoke and soot stained roof.

UserPostedImage

41310, the second from the bottom, is a lighter shade of green.

UserPostedImage

I can live with the mismatched color, that can happen in the prototype, although it demonstrates their paint supplier can't mix the paint to a consistent shade. But just one of the cars with a soot stained roof looks quite silly.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline hxmiesa  
#2 Posted : 25 November 2015 09:46:21(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
I agree that it must be a fault from M, and that they are to blame.

But on the other hand I would suggest that you weather them yourself!

But what do you plan to do;
Send them back? -Stop buying any more from M? -Stop buying before inspecting each item? -Blurr your own vision and percepcion with more Martinis? (so as not to notice the faults...)
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 25 November 2015 09:53:36(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I've had this too when I buy coaches from different batches or with a significant time interval between them. The biggest differences I've found are in the red/cream TEE/IC colours which vary considerably.

I guess the only way to ensure uniformity is to buy them all at the same time....

One thing which I've noticed is that the DB coach green seems to have been reproduced in a more muted tone over the years. The coaches I have from the 1970s and 80s are much brighter green than current ones.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Drongo  
#4 Posted : 25 November 2015 23:50:28(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
It all gets down to the individual worker. The person responsible for QC is just NOT doing his/her job. I've noticed this quite a bit in the past 12 months with Marklin - right throughout the company, from the top down. It seems that no-one cares any more about what they do. Recently I placed an order for some spare parts through a German dealer and this was 2 weeks ago and the dealer still hasn't received them from Marklin. Who cares - "I'll process the order when I feel like it - no-one here seems to care". That's the attitude that seems to be appearing. Rockets need to be put in place, and especially at the top level. All this whinging about the company going into receivership etc., has left the staff lethargic and the new owners haven't eradicated this practice. I hope someone in Marklin management reads this and does something about it, otherwise Marklin will be back where they where 5 years ago looking at bankruptcy.

Sorry for the rank - it frustrates me that I can see the problems but I cannot do anything about it.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 26 November 2015 08:25:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
The biggest differences I've found are in the red/cream TEE/IC colours which vary considerably.
That's a different story: for many years Märklin intentionally used a red that was way too bright. Later they switched to prototypical colours with a much darker red.

DB used differnt colours for the Umbauwagen over time (Flaschengrün RAL 6007 up to 1959 and Chromoxydgrün RAL 6020 for 1959 and later).
Maybe someone picked the wrong can at Märklin, but the prototype gives a good excuse.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 26 November 2015 08:31:10(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Recently I placed an order for some spare parts through a German dealer and this was 2 weeks ago and the dealer still hasn't received them from Marklin.
Are the parts in stock at Märklin? I once waited more than 12 months for parts I had ordered. Finally I got a bag of 20 where I only needed 1.
We should be thankful that we sometimes get some spare parts. With other brands you sometimes also have to wait for months.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 26 November 2015 18:35:11(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Recently I placed an order for some spare parts through a German dealer and this was 2 weeks ago and the dealer still hasn't received them from Marklin.
Are the parts in stock at Märklin? I once waited more than 12 months for parts I had ordered. Finally I got a bag of 20 where I only needed 1.
We should be thankful that we sometimes get some spare parts. With other brands you sometimes also have to wait for months.

That was my reaction too. It may take a while before another production run of that part is made if they have run out, and there is no item currently on the production lines using that part.

Offline kweekalot  
#8 Posted : 26 November 2015 19:08:28(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Two weeks ago I bought 3 Fox fishing freespool reels and the name of person who did the QC was written on the QC papers so you / they know who to blame if something is not right. That gives me as a buyer a good feeling.

Marklin should do that too.

Marco

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage