Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 11 January 2014 22:13:26(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I bough some years ago an analog orange color Märklin DHG 700 C diesel locomotive with VW logo and it has yellow "raiings?" (I'm not sure if this is the right word) and not black ones. So it must be from train set 2863 because it's the analog version. "Normal" 3088 DHG 700 C has black "railings" and not yellow.

I had around 10 years ago a 30881 DHG 700 with Delta decoder and yellow blink light. It was nice one, but I then decided to sell it.

As my analog 2863 DHG 700 C has not been used much as it is not possible to run it on my digital layout I decided to fit 30881 technic to it. I will get these parts in 1-2 week. I will take off the SFCM motor and reversing unit + old light bulbs. This 30881 technic includes everything needed. Delta decoder, led lights, DCM motor and blink light module with yellow blinking light. All wires still like original, so it should be easy. I will drill a small hole for the blinking light to the roof of this loco. In my opinion this will look great with the yellow blinking light and my sons will enjoy this one on the digital tracks RollEyes . It is too new locomotive to my taste, but at least we can run it so this is good project. I enjoy myself when my sons are running "Thomas" 36120, Zeppelin 3077 (6080 decoder) and other locomotives they like. This 2863 will have then "new life" and I can take it's like new analog technic to some other SFCM motor equipped locomotive.

I will take some photos and tell you how this upgrading went when it's done. Is there anything that I should know before I start?

Regards,
Janne

Edited by user 23 January 2014 19:52:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline BrandonVA  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2014 15:49:36(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post

I bough some years ago an analog orange color Märklin DHG 700 C diesel locomotive with VW logo and it has yellow "raiings?" (I'm not sure if this is the right word) and not black ones. So it must be from train set 2863 because it's the analog version. "Normal" 3088 DHG 700 C has black "railings" and not yellow.

Janne,

2863 is the correct set. I have this set, the loco does indeed have the VW loco and orange railings. It's also a bit new for my taste, but the kids love it. It can also pull an amazing amount of weight for it's size. Good luck with the conversion! I would think anything that would apply to 3088 would also apply to this loco, the only thing that's different is decoration.

-Brandon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline Dave Banks  
#3 Posted : 13 January 2014 22:47:39(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hi Janne, did this a few years ago. My Two cents worth:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
D.A.Banks
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Dave Banks
Offline Janne75  
#4 Posted : 14 January 2014 05:49:57(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

Brandon: Thank you in advance. My sons will like this 2863 DHG 700 C even more when they can run it on my digital layout. It would be even better with telex couplers, but we can live without them Wink .

Dave: Looks very good conversion. You have even better decoder and motor in yours. Delta 30881 technic is enough for me as I remember my previous 30881 ran pretty well.

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline Janne75  
#5 Posted : 23 January 2014 19:47:13(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

I got the 30881 DHG technic today. I just finished to install the decoder and blinklight to my 2863 DHG 700C. It was not like "plug and play" installation as the locomotive frame must be different in 30881 than in 2863. There was no room for 30881 DCM Delta motor. So I used 2863 own SFCM motor and the 30881 Delta decoder and blinklight + led lights.

So I will use then later this like new 3-pole DCM motor from 30881 to some other locomotive if needed. I drilled 3,5 mm hole for the blinklight, but I did not screw blinklight electronics to locomotive frame like in 30881 as it is ok to just be without that screw. There is no hole and threads for this screw so I did not do them myself. Locomotive body screw is in place of course =).

This 2863 looks great when it runs with it's blinklight!

Here some photos of it now:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Cheers,

Janne
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline marklinologos  
#6 Posted : 18 November 2015 09:40:19(UTC)
marklinologos

Greece   
Hi very nice conversion,

Could you please tell me who to connect the blinking circuit in decoder (I see a resistor in your photos, needs something else?) because I want to convert 30881 with marklin kit 60760.

Thanking in advance,
Keep Marklin away from China