Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline camcath  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2015 23:34:15(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Hi

I want to add lighting to my 43842 passenger wagon but can't for the life of me work out how to separate the roof from the body, it doesn't seem obvious in any of the documentation I have.

Grateful any advice.

Cameron
Offline 3rail4life  
#2 Posted : 07 November 2015 16:11:19(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Cameron,

It is pretty simple, remove the diaphragms from the ends and then separate the coach body from the base. Take care when when doing this and try not to use too much force, everything should come apart easily.

Cheers,
Gordon
Offline camcath  
#3 Posted : 07 November 2015 21:22:19(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Thanks Gordon - sorted. Now if only I could figure out the lights. Ive installed an electric coupler at one end (the other I have left as this will attach to the loco) but am not sure how to connect the close coupler lead to the lighting kit 7330.

Grateful any help.

Cameron
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 08 November 2015 09:28:42(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Cameron,

Could you explain what it is you want to achieve? The coach lighting kits connect directly to the pick-up shoe included in the kit or to current conducting couplers which are separate units you need to purchase. The light will be on permanently as long as there is power in the track, unless you install an accessory decoder in the coach to switch the lights on.

The electric uncoupler requires an accessory decoder to switch it on when required. This can be the same decoder you use for the lights, just using a different function output. If you just connect it to the lighting kit the uncoupler will be on permanently and will soon burn out.

Hope this helps.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline 3rail4life  
#5 Posted : 08 November 2015 17:40:58(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Cameron,

As Ray mentioned, the lighting kit is powered by the pickup shoe and axle wiper/ contact spring included with the 7330.

I am not sure what you are trying to do with the current conducting coupler, but if you wish to connect it, you need a 239830 contact spring in the coupler pocket and a C track style spade connector with wire to connect the metal contact plate with your lighting. Check out the 72021 in the listing below for a picture of the parts used:

Märklin 72021

Cheers,
Gordon
Offline camcath  
#6 Posted : 08 November 2015 19:21:52(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Thanks for your responses. The cab control car already has the pick up shoe and I want to couple with this car through the current conductor coupler, I have therefore not attached the pick up shoe but have put together the rest of the coupler kit. So the a wire comes up into the carriage from below - I had tried to attach this to the lighting kit to no effect.

Cameron
Offline 3rail4life  
#7 Posted : 08 November 2015 20:01:26(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Cameron,

I am guessing that maybe you still need to run a wire from the cab control cars pick up shoe circuit to the contact plate at the rear of the car to provide power for the current conducting coupler. This should be pretty straight forward and will work as you wish as long as everything is hooked up correctly.

Gordon