Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline garben  
#1 Posted : 13 October 2015 17:24:01(UTC)
garben

United States   
I just purchased a mega starter set with CS2 and before I jump in and put together my entire planned layout, I'm trying to learn how to wire, set up blocks and signals etc. with a small oval with a passing. I know when I isolate tracks for a block I need to add a feeder wire before and after the blocks. The CS2 comes with a feeder wire with spade connectors that I can connect from CS2 to one section of track.

How would I connect to the other sections? Would I connect the feeder from the CS2 to something and then distribute my brown and red wires from there? I've heard of a "ring" that some use, what is that? Would I use the Marklin distribution strip, 72090? Looking for some suggestions/solutions. Any ideas of where I can learn some of this, books etc., or if any one can share a schematic of what they do, I think that would be helpful.

Thanks!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 13 October 2015 17:34:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: garben Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased a mega starter set with CS2 and before I jump in and put together my entire planned layout, I'm trying to learn how to wire, set up blocks and signals etc. with a small oval with a passing. I know when I isolate tracks for a block I need to add a feeder wire before and after the blocks. The CS2 comes with a feeder wire with spade connectors that I can connect from CS2 to one section of track.

How would I connect to the other sections? Would I connect the feeder from the CS2 to something and then distribute my brown and red wires from there? I've heard of a "ring" that some use, what is that? Would I use the Marklin distribution strip, 72090? Looking for some suggestions/solutions. Any ideas of where I can learn some of this, books etc., or if any one can share a schematic of what they do, I think that would be helpful.

Thanks!

You have already asked this question, over here and it has been answered. Why are you asking it again in a different thread ???Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Offline garben  
#3 Posted : 13 October 2015 17:49:28(UTC)
garben

United States   
The answer I got was not to the question I was asking so I though if I put it in the thread relating to Digital someone would understand what I was asking. Thank you for your concern.
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 13 October 2015 18:20:01(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

I think the question is: After how many pieces of track or meters of track (pieces I think are more important because track connections add resistance) should
the track be feeded again. This is based on the fact that the signal has more attenuation in the same lenght of track than in a copper wire (not too thin).

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Thewolf  
#5 Posted : 13 October 2015 19:44:25(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

I think the question is: After how many pieces of track or meters of track (pieces I think are more important because track connections add resistance) should
the track be feeded again. This is based on the fact that the signal has more attenuation in the same lenght of track than in a copper wire (not too thin).

Miguel

Hi everyboy BigGrin

Personally I made it every 3 meters

Have a nice day

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline PMPeter  
#6 Posted : 13 October 2015 21:22:14(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
This has been covered in numerous posts in this forum over the years. You may be interested in the following.

I replied complete with photos of how I distribute the power for my layout using left over house wiring and then distributing it to the tracks: Wiring Example Post My response is in #36 of this thread.

As per previous responses the connections to the track itself need to be made with the spade connectors that are readily available on eBay or the pre-fitted Marklin connection wires also available on eBay or through your M dealer.

Peter
Offline garben  
#7 Posted : 13 October 2015 22:44:52(UTC)
garben

United States   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
This has been covered in numerous posts in this forum over the years. You may be interested in the following.

I replied complete with photos of how I distribute the power for my layout using left over house wiring and then distributing it to the tracks: Wiring Example Post My response is in #36 of this thread.

As per previous responses the connections to the track itself need to be made with the spade connectors that are readily available on eBay or the pre-fitted Marklin connection wires also available on eBay or through your M dealer.

Peter

Thank you Peter. That was the kind of info I was looking for. Appreciate it.