Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline xxup  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2014 12:41:45(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Bugfixes:

Fixed a bug when saving the settings in combination with consists. This could have lead to a ECoS freeze during startup.
s88-Modules numbered 32 or larger did not show any updates in both the setup menu and the track layout.
When changing the address in the "Edit locomotive" menu on the programming track, the programming track did not change back to normal mode after the programming was done.

Add-ons:

In the web interface you can show the list of Cvs of the locomotive (if read in already). Just click on the blue locomotive address.
Using the webinterface, you can now shutdown your ECoS.

Available from the usual place for users who have registered their eCOS with ESU.

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline ac jacko  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2015 13:21:24(UTC)
ac jacko

Adrian, I have finally come back and I have dragged my new or now old ECOS 50200 out and it is now registered etc ( yes john that long !!) My query is for the firmware updates do I have to install each and every one from the beginning or just the latest one.

Sorry the basic query but slowing getting back into the hobby again
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 04 June 2015 14:29:47(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: ac jacko Go to Quoted Post
My query is for the firmware updates do I have to install each and every one from the beginning or just the latest one.
If you have a version older than 3.7 then install 3.7.0, then 4.0.0.
I dunno if you can skip 4.0.1. Maybe install to make sure do do not miss anything - ESU probably left it online intentionally.
Finally install 4.0.2.

4.0.0 is much bigger than 4.0.2 and includes a new rescue system - you cannot skip that.
ESU recommend to install 4.0.0 only from version 3.7.0. I wouldn't take any risk at this step.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline stevend  
#4 Posted : 04 June 2015 22:27:42(UTC)
stevend

My query is for the firmware updates do I have to install each and every one from the beginning or just the latest one.

Hi,

I've done many, many, many ESU upgrades for people with the ECOS. I have always applied each upgrade before the next. It takes about 40 mins to do the lot from the original version.

Kind Regards
D
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 05 June 2015 00:08:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The release notes for the upgrade should tell you whether the update is cumulative (i.e. contains all updates from a certain baseline).

In this case as Tom points out, you need to be at 3.7.0 then apply v4.0.0. If 4.0.2 is cumulative, then only apply that update after updating to 4.0.0.
Offline ac jacko  
#6 Posted : 08 June 2015 09:54:37(UTC)
ac jacko

Thanks all and will do them all in order ;)
Offline ac jacko  
#7 Posted : 08 September 2015 04:45:24(UTC)
ac jacko

Ok, now my old man and I have few locos on the ECOS now so we are learning with the very basicis but still have not updated the software as still not a 100% on the basics so if someone can PM a Noob guide, I will be grateful.

Now with the Locos we can changes address but again am I missing something in the booklet detail to do this as we want to change some loco adresses. This will align with the Loc numbers IE BR 191 to have address 191 etc.

The Br53 did not register at all so something has gone kapuut so this will be sent to Toot Toot for a look.

Again apologies for the basics but one thing, now my 11yr old son is now very keen so hoping the phone app in the future will be used when we get the layout going

cheers
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 08 September 2015 07:49:31(UTC)
H0

Your ECoS has an old version, but we don't know which. You try to change the address of a loco, but we don't know which one it is.
You ask for detailed instructions via PM so others can not profit.

Upgrading to 4.0.2 will let you learn the basics with the latest version and will make it easier for others to help you.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline michelvr  
#9 Posted : 08 September 2015 15:30:06(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello AC Jacko and fellow forum members,

For all ESU ECoS users on You Tube you will find all sorts of tutorials to help you out.

Please look at Hovermotion's video. This gentleman has created a wonderful video on how to upgrade the ECoS.

This forum and the Internet has a lot of information that is very useful. Finding the right information can be difficult, hope this helps.

A big thank you to Hovermotion for the great video.

Regards,

Michel
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline ac jacko  
#10 Posted : 10 September 2015 00:55:07(UTC)
ac jacko

Thanks Michel for the link as will be looking at this closely with my father ;)

As for Tom questions, the Ecos 50200 is 4 yrs old and just newly opened as being in defence I get posted around so I left this in the box. So I am ssuming it is the first 3.7. As for for keeping things to myself via PM, obvioulsy you do not me to well to make those type of dispersions for my noob queries !!

Once again thanks Michel for your help as greatly appreciated ( Alos Hooverman) and if their is one on a tutorial for changing loco addresses please let me know ;)

Regards Dale
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 10 September 2015 07:58:41(UTC)
H0

There are many different types of Märklin locos with many different decoders - and non-Märklin locos add even more decoder types.
I do not know a tutorial that covers all locos. Ask for a few specific locos and you will surely get instructions.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline river6109  
#12 Posted : 10 September 2015 15:26:09(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Would the locos in question have anything to do with me ?
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline ac jacko  
#13 Posted : 10 September 2015 23:51:40(UTC)
ac jacko

The lcocos are fine John with the Loksounds just trying to figure out how to change the addresses etc ;)

I went to the guys website that Michel put on for the software updates and found another video from the same guy on how to change adresses so this weekend we will be registering some more and then do the updates to the software ( I hope )

cheers Dale.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ac jacko
Offline tadpole  
#14 Posted : 15 September 2015 09:27:24(UTC)
tadpole

Ok, Jacko aka Dale and I did some locos and now going to have a crack at the firmware updates and in manual says to remove the batteries prior to the update yet on the video no mention so yes or no ?

edit updated to version 3.7.0 and ready for 4.0.0 and will need more beers to decipher the multiple sequences which are quite bizzare but a win so farBlink
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 15 September 2015 10:54:24(UTC)
H0

I never had batteries in my controller. If it ain't there, it ain't gonna leak.

You do not need batteries if you always shutdown the ECoS before unplugging the power. Batteries are only needed when you unplug the power before shutting the unit down.

Upgrade worked fine for me without batteries.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline tadpole  
#16 Posted : 15 September 2015 11:02:44(UTC)
tadpole

thanks Tom we have new batteries which we are using for the interim till we become more confidentThumpUp
Offline ac jacko  
#17 Posted : 15 September 2015 12:31:22(UTC)
ac jacko

Well as my dad Leith aka Tadpole has posted we had a good win today and a beer or two afterwards after the first update went well. So we are getting there and becoming familiar with the ESU and controls, software updates etc so thanks to all for assistance from Tom, Michel, Adrian and others.

Once we have updated all firmwares, then we will register all loco's and then it will be the android devices time via wireless. Then we can start planning the new layout in tadpole garage and can begin ;)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ac jacko
Offline xxup  
#18 Posted : 15 September 2015 13:11:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: tadpole Go to Quoted Post
thanks Tom we have new batteries which we are using for the interim till we become more confidentThumpUp

I hope that these are rechargeable batteries.. You can't use normal batteries in an eCOS 2.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline ac jacko  
#19 Posted : 15 September 2015 13:24:55(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tadpole Go to Quoted Post

I hope that these are rechargeable batteries.. You can't use normal batteries in an eCOS 2.

Yep re-charge energisers BigGrin
Offline ac jacko  
#20 Posted : 17 September 2015 11:29:30(UTC)
ac jacko

I have put a post on ESU forum as well as we did the 4.0 install all ok clearing the cache etc after the rescue part etc and the remainder of 40. BCI went all in ok ThumpUp . We did the Remote Control second stage as we have done the edit list and added the router IP address etc but the screen on the computer display the ECOS screen etc but will not work says addon required. Java is updated and tried both chrome and Firefox to no avail. Interesting to note that Chrome will not accept java ?? We have also cleared the cache again to no avail

Any assistance appreciated as this is getting annoying Confused
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#21 Posted : 17 September 2015 11:37:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The latest versions of Chrome have dropped java support, or more to the point no longer supports NPAPI which is technology that is required for Java applets.

This took effect with Chrome version 45 and later.

You will need to use either IE, Firefox or Safari.
Offline ac jacko  
#22 Posted : 17 September 2015 12:24:42(UTC)
ac jacko

Thanks BDNZ, we have tried firefox and the ECOS screen appears and then little box appears with access denied, even though we have followed the steps and added the IP address to the allowed sites so this should not be an issue. We have cleared caches so I am at a loss.

Edit

We are trying Internet explorer next
Offline NZMarklinist  
#23 Posted : 17 September 2015 14:08:37(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
At my current download speeds, I'd drink the fridge empty Blushing and probly fall down the stairs, getting more beers whilst updating the good ol CS1-R from v3.3.3 Scared

However across the Tasman we take our Digital processes a bit more seriously than in SA so it will probly be a dry process, hate to miss anything Laugh

So I'm awaiting my new Fibre connection which is on order but weeks and weeks away, our Telco, Spark is not so bright Wink

There will be some Vids & Pics that have been promised for a year or two to be uploaded to the forum Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline ac jacko  
#24 Posted : 17 September 2015 14:31:09(UTC)
ac jacko

Thanks NZ ;)

I posted on ESU forum and member advised that issues with java 8 with the remote control on the 4.0 and to use VNC for interim and that 4.1 might solve all.

So the question is can we proceed with 4.01 an 4.02 as 4.0 is installed all ok as remote control issues only

cheers
Offline xxup  
#25 Posted : 17 September 2015 14:33:27(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Thanks BDNZ, we have tried firefox and the ECOS screen appears and then little box appears with access denied, even though we have followed the steps and added the IP address to the allowed sites so this should not be an issue. We have cleared caches so I am at a loss.

Edit

Can you please post a picture of the error window? It might be a Java permissions error and easily fixed.. Can you also confirm that you are running FireFox 40.0.3 (Help -> About Firefox) and Java 8 update 60.. (I think that you need to check this using the Java applet in Control Panel.. )

Also - what version of Windows are you running?

I am running this set up on my computers to access my new eCos 2 and everything works fine.. Confused

This is really odd as you need to connect to your eCOS to do the update.. So the connection between the eCos and the PC should be correct.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline ac jacko  
#26 Posted : 17 September 2015 14:44:25(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

Edit

Can you please post a picture of the error window? It might be a Java permissions error and easily fixed.. Can you also confirm that you are running FireFox 40.0.3 (Help -> About Firefox) and Java 8 update 60.. (I think that you need to check this using the Java applet in Control Panel.. )

Also - what version of Windows are you running?

I am running this set up on my computers to access my new eCos 2 and everything works fine.. Confused

This is really odd as you need to connect to your eCOS to do the update.. So the connection between the eCos and the PC should be correct.

Adrian will do when back around Tadpoles aka Leith place as well as what version of firefox he is running. Update to new Java prior to Firmware and 32 bit as per website and he has checked java permissions.

The windows version is 10 and will post error message tomooz but installed ok for 4.0 just this remote issue and appreciate efforts here :)
Offline river6109  
#27 Posted : 17 September 2015 15:28:25(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Have you registered the ECoS with ESU ? ah I see you've already had some luck installing it up to to 4.0
Offline ac jacko  
#28 Posted : 18 September 2015 01:06:38(UTC)
ac jacko

Yes John and registered with ESU so screen shots today for the ECOS Whizers here ;)

But can we continue on with 4.01 and 4.02 and look at the remote control access as we go is the other main query
Offline xxup  
#29 Posted : 18 September 2015 06:14:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I can confirm that it does not work using FireFox and Windows 10 having spent a couple of hours on the problem.. The error says that it is trying to connect to port 5900 on the eCos, which replies with "RFB 003.008" and Java goes, "What the..." and gets into an endless loop with the error windows..

CacheEntry[http://192.168.36.71/tightvnc-jviewer.jar]: updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Thu Jan 01 10:00:00 AEST 1970,length=266436
Sep 18, 2015 2:13:28 PM com.glavsoft.viewer.swing.SwingNetworkConnectionWorker doInBackground
INFO: Trying to connect to 192.168.36.71:5900
Sep 18, 2015 2:13:28 PM com.glavsoft.viewer.swing.SwingNetworkConnectionWorker doInBackground
INFO: Connecting to host 192.168.36.71:5900
Sep 18, 2015 2:13:28 PM com.glavsoft.viewer.swing.SwingNetworkConnectionWorker done
SEVERE: Couldn't connect to: 192.168.36.71:5900: access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission" "192.168.36.71:5900" "connect,resolve")

For some reason it does work with the Windows 7 computer in the Train room.. I will recheck this later - it might be my imagination..

However, none of this impacts on your ability to upgrade the eCOS to the latest software..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline ac jacko  
#30 Posted : 18 September 2015 06:26:08(UTC)
ac jacko

Thanks Adrian and I have attached Denied Error and those messages were the same as ours in the Java Error Window. So lets hope ESU pull their finger out to sort out the Java Issues and the windows 10 dramas etc Cool and thanks for your help as will update to version 4.02 as can go straight to that now and bypass version 4.01

UserPostedImage

Offline river6109  
#31 Posted : 18 September 2015 07:32:36(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Windows 10 is a tracking device, saves and passes on all your details
Offline xxup  
#32 Posted : 18 September 2015 08:21:45(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Every browser is a tracking device.. At least Microsoft is up front about it - unlike most of the other major vendors in this industry..

Windows 10 is just a NSA client. LOL Saves Microsoft the effort of making a back-door for the NSA and then having to patch it every time a security expert finds it.. If you are not a terrorist, paedophile or organised criminal then there is nothing to worry about.. The NSA is welcome to all the crap on my computers.. At the moment the Windows 10 offer is saving me $299 per computer.. Like it or not, eventually we will all have to upgrade at some stage..

Here is an old new report from Wired Magazine:

Sun on Privacy: 'Get Over It'
Polly Sprenger Email 01.26.99
The chief executive officer of Sun Microsystems said Monday that consumer privacy issues are a "red herring."

"You have zero privacy anyway," Scott McNealy told a group of reporters and analysts Monday night at an event to launch his company's new Jini technology.

"Get over it."

It is worth noting that Sun is effectively dead having been absorbed by Oracle in 2009.. Java has never been the same since..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline ac jacko  
#33 Posted : 21 September 2015 12:01:32(UTC)
ac jacko

Well update went well to 4.02 and registered 7 out of the 10 locos with those 3 failing to register and stating no decoder fitted !!

Having a break and will investigate further noting those are fitted with Loksound 4 so more reading ;)
Offline river6109  
#34 Posted : 21 September 2015 14:42:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Well update went well to 4.02 and registered 7 out of the 10 locos with those 3 failing to register and stating no decoder fitted !!

Having a break and will investigate further noting those are fitted with Loksound 4 so more reading ;)

Dale, make sure there is contact, sometimes this happens and when they register activate RailComPlus, are you registering them with the ECos nor the lokprogrammer ?

John

Offline ac jacko  
#35 Posted : 23 September 2015 04:55:54(UTC)
ac jacko

We are registering with ECOS ( havent undone the Lokprogrammer yet so that is another project to learn etc) as Br53 having issues with no registering and stating no decoder fitted.

More fault finding required...