Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Shamu  
#1 Posted : 02 September 2015 03:42:46(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Morning all,

I recently obtained a second 7286 for $150 and although is is in very good working condition it is missing the control pedestal and the hand crank from the opposite end to the control hut.

Image1.jpg

I've tried to find "any" parts on the marklin site to no avail nor have I been able to find anything on DE ebay. Then again I am most likely not using the correct term to find it.RollEyes

Any idea if the hand crank and control pedestal are available or any suggestions for similarly looking parts ?
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline PJMärklin  
#2 Posted : 02 September 2015 08:53:07(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Shamu Go to Quoted Post
Morning all,

I recently obtained a second 7286 for $150 and although is is in very good working condition it is missing the control pedestal and the hand crank from the opposite end to the control hut.

I've tried to find "any" parts on the marklin site to no avail nor have I been able to find anything on DE ebay. Then again I am most likely not using the correct term to find it.RollEyes

Any idea if the hand crank and control pedestal are available or any suggestions for similarly looking parts ?

Hi Shane,

The turntables were originally a Fleischmann item (?and subsequently made by them for Marklin?)

The parts you are after show up on the Fleischmann spare parts page (if they are still able to provide, given their recent problems?)

Regards,

PJ

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 02 September 2015 09:09:22(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Thanks heaps PJ ThumpUp

As the boss says "I'm a dag", never even thought to check the Fleischmann site.

Was thinking of getting another booster so will see if R.K. can get them for me.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 03 September 2015 01:32:34(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I was/am in the same position. I am missing the handrails and signals and got the part numbers from the Fleischmann page. The spare parts were identified as unavailable on most European sites, but as "not in stock but available" on Reynaulds. I placed an order for the missing parts about 14 months ago and still have received nothing and the order still shows "On Order".

I am not holding out much hope to ever get these. If you find a source that does have spare parts for this turntable please let me know.

Cheers
Peter

Offline Shamu  
#5 Posted : 03 September 2015 01:41:47(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
I got a reply this morning from Kieskemper that he doesn't have the parts but they cost €11.17 so I've asked him to order them.

I assume since he quoted me a price he must believe he can get them so a case of wait and see I guess. Huh

Thanks again PJ, can't believe I didn't think to check the Fleischmann site Blushing
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline PMPeter  
#6 Posted : 10 March 2016 18:28:11(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I got a reply this morning from Kieskemper that he doesn't have the parts but they cost €11.17 so I've asked him to order them.

I assume since he quoted me a price he must believe he can get them so a case of wait and see I guess. Huh

Did you ever get these spare parts for the turntable? My open "backorder" at Reynaulds is now almost 2 years old and I doubt I will ever get the parts from them.

Cheers
Peter

Offline Shamu  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2016 00:13:19(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Hi Peter,

No, nothing as yet. Guess I should drop him a line.

I've got a couple of Signal Box Interior Kits so if push comes to shove I may be able to cobble up something out of something in them.

I do find it odd that if the turntables are still available they must have spares for them. One would think they make more than the exact number of parts and that's all.

There has to be a bin of leftovers out there somewhere.
Offline PMPeter  
#8 Posted : 11 March 2016 01:19:49(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Hi Peter,

No, nothing as yet. Guess I should drop him a line.

I've got a couple of Signal Box Interior Kits so if push comes to shove I may be able to cobble up something out of something in them.

I do find it odd that if the turntables are still available they must have spares for them. One would think they make more than the exact number of parts and that's all.

There has to be a bin of leftovers out there somewhere.

I think it also has to do with the fact that the Fleischmann part numbers have changed. I checked today and if I type in the spare parts number as per the diagram I get a 0 result. However, if I follow their example by adding 00 in front of the number and eliminate any spaces, voila the spare part listing appears along with a price. I have now sent a request to Lokshop to see if they can get the new numbered items.

Peter