Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Lucky_Fish  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2015 16:10:10(UTC)
Lucky_Fish

South Africa   
I have an MS 60653 and a CS 60212 and I would like to know if it is possible to run the mobile station from the central station? At current my system Hardware type 1.1 and software version 1.6.134 on the Central Station.

The problem I have is that with my Central Station (DCC Locomotives) there are Loco functions that I cannot access. The CS only allows 4 functions if the loco is DCC while the mobile station allows the whole nine yards. When I use MFX locos, the Central Station has no problem identifying all the functions.

If I could integrate the MS and the CS it would be great. Please advise if this is possible with my setup without doing damage to either systems.

Johan

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2015 16:48:20(UTC)
H0

Hi, Johan!

Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by: Lucky_Fish Go to Quoted Post
Please advise if this is possible with my setup without doing damage to either systems.
AFAIK you cannot use MS2 60653 with the CS 60212 unless the 60212 was upgraded to version 2.0.3 by Märklin.

Are you sure you have a 60653?
The 60653 does support 16 functions with DCC locos.

If the 60212 was upgraded to 2.0.3 (version 2.0.4 can be downloaded from Märklin) then you will be able to use 9 functions for ESU DCC locos using the MM protocol.
And you will be able to connect the 60653 to the sniffer port if needed, but then you can only use 9 functions per loco even for DCC locos.

The old MS 60651 and 60652 can be used with the 60212 without sniffer port. You will need one adapter cable 60124 for each MS.

If you really have a 60653, then maybe you will be better off getting another 60653 (if you want two throttles) and retiring the 60212.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Lucky_Fish  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2015 07:51:46(UTC)
Lucky_Fish

South Africa   
HO

Thank you for your valuable feedback. You comment of making use of 2 Mobile Stations is very valid. It is just that I quite like the feel, ergonomics and the layout of the Control Station. For a start I think I'll be sending my Control Station to Germany for a software update. Thereafter I'll investigate the possibility (if still available) of loading the ESU software.

Thank you, once again.

Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 01 September 2015 08:21:31(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Lucky_Fish Go to Quoted Post
Thereafter I'll investigate the possibility (if still available) of loading the ESU software.
We had that question recently and the answer was it is no longer available.
I like my CS 60212 with ESU upgrade, but assuming that it is no longer available I would not invest much money for a 60212 with version 1.6 and without Märklin upgrade.

The 60212 with ESU upgrade is nearly identical to an ECoS 50000, but with different speed knobs.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage