Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline black_pete  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2015 08:43:51(UTC)
black_pete

Australia   
With my interest in SBB I've been looking at this model for a while now. The videos online look good and indicate that this is a smart looking model with nice running characteristics.

Are any Insiders here running this model or considering purchasing one ... there seems to be a fair amount of information available on the internet but very little in English.

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments regarding this model in 3-rail format ... of course other than the fact that it's HAG and expensive BigGrin
Regards
Pete

expat Kiwi - now living in Melbourne

SBB Era IV & V - Digital - CS1 - C Track
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2015 09:28:42(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: black_pete Go to Quoted Post
[...] of course other than the fact that it's HAG and expensive BigGrin
It should be noted that there are (at least) three HAG companies (one is inactive).
Ee 922 is the only model by "HAG Classic".

See also:
https://www.marklin-user...iscussion-etc#post490624

I think user Unholz meanwhile received his Ee 922 and it seems he is very happy with it.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 22 August 2015 09:46:28(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

I think user Unholz meanwhile received his Ee 922 and it seems he is very happy with it.

...indeed he has (even more than one unit Wink ), and he is VERY happy!

Naturally, like almost everything on this globe, the model has two or three very slight glitches or "teething problems", but overall it is good value. I strongly recommend the sound version which costs only a little more than the standard variety but offers a really prototypical and unique choice of "melodies". The horn is truly impressive!

This model was originally conceived and designed at the "real" (now closed) HAG company at Mörschwil, and people from that original company are also involved in its current production. Have faith - you should not be disappointed.ThumpUp

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline black_pete  
#4 Posted : 23 August 2015 15:25:13(UTC)
black_pete

Australia   
Stefan

Thank you so much for your helpful comments ... so a sound version it will be to join the Ee 3/3 in the Rangierlok shed !!!

Now counting the pennies and looking for the most suitable supplier ... not too many German shops are showing stock ... but Zuba-Tech seem to show reasonable pricing.

Maybe it can be a selfie Father's Day present BigGrin
Regards
Pete

Offline Unholz  
#5 Posted : 23 August 2015 18:27:40(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
(...) looking for the most suitable supplier (...)

Pete, please allow me to recommend my personal supplier:
http://eyro.ch/onlinesho...ndex.php?cPath=21_27_597

Christian Eymann of EYRO (Switzerland) has some knowledge of English, and if you don't understand each other, I can try to act as an interpreter. BigGrin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline black_pete  
#6 Posted : 20 December 2015 06:08:13(UTC)
black_pete

Australia   
Stefan

I managed to order the Ee 922 through Christian at EYRO and am expecting delivery any day ... thanks so much for your suggestion.

I did note your comment regarding some minor issues with this model and have seen the YouTube clip regarding fitting additional power capacitance ... obviously to improve running characteristics over points etc.

However I would be most appreciative of any additional comments you may have regarding known issues.
Regards
Pete

Offline Unholz  
#7 Posted : 20 December 2015 11:49:07(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   

However I would be most appreciative of any additional comments you may have regarding known issues.

Pete, I can confidently report that there are hardly any known issues with this model and that the very few slightly negative comments mainly come from users who are only familiar with ESU decoders and who therefore might be initially slightly puzzled by the features of the Zimo decoder in this model.

Contrary to other products that have surfaced on the market, this loco marketed by Tekwiss/HAG Classic features the traditional Mörschwil kind of quality many of us loved during countless years. ThumpUp And I hope that future Tekwiss/HAG Classic models (I happen to just be testing a pre-series sample...) will continue to be worthy of this tradition.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz