Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MalinAC  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2015 12:35:05(UTC)
MalinAC

Ireland   
.Hi guys just picked up a very nice # 37961 in ochre. I was comparing it to my # 3798 in blue and # 37962 in green.Both the green and blue ones have coal tenders at the back, but the ochre one does not so I assume that means its oil driven ! I need a small part for the #37961 but when I downloaded the parts schematic it numbers every part from 1 -83 except the part I need.The part I need is the hand rail which goes from the top of both ladders at the back.I think it might be in plastic because the bit thats left in the middle is plastic. I would appreciate any help in getting a part number for same. Both the other 2 are different at the back. Thanks Eddie Confused Confused
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by MalinAC
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2015 14:12:41(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: MalinAC Go to Quoted Post
.Hi guys just picked up a very nice # 37961 in ochre. I was comparing it to my # 3798 in blue and # 37962 in green.Both the green and blue ones have coal tenders at the back, but the ochre one does not so I assume that means its oil driven ! I need a small part for the #37961 but when I downloaded the parts schematic it numbers every part from 1 -83 except the part I need.The part I need is the hand rail which goes from the top of both ladders at the back.I think it might be in plastic because the bit thats left in the middle is plastic. I would appreciate any help in getting a part number for same. Both the other 2 are different at the back. Thanks Eddie Confused Confused

They are all coal fired, but some represent the earlier version with the low coal bunker, and some represent the later ones with the higher coal bunker, IIRC the 37962 is in the latter category.

I don't have a manual for the low bunker ones, so can't help there.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Mark_1602  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2015 17:41:21(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi Eddie,

The first fifteen Gt 2 x 4/4 were built between 1913 and 1914, whereas ten more locomotives that looked different in a number of ways were delivered between 1922 and 1923. The Gt 2 x 4/4 of the second series were more powerful. (Source: Taschenbuch Deutsche Dampflokomotiven, Stuttgart, 1977)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Mark_1602