Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 29 June 2015 11:40:00(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Somewhere, this appeared and it's got me stumped.

Last month I did a display at the club of a selection of my models, and I have a feeling this may have dropped out of one of them.

I'm hoping someone here with a sharp eye has seen this before and knows what it's from.

Be ever so grateful (in my best English accent) Smile

Ta very muchly

Cookee

whatparts.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2015 11:51:46(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Such goodie bags come with locos like E 10, E 40, 110, 140, 139.
It will be a loco with a small hole right next to the right buffer (when looking from the front), most likely an electric loco.

Here's a picture:
http://www.eisenbahnjahr...aureihe-110-3-db-1988-h0

Do you have an E 93?
http://www.eisenbahnjahre.de/xxx-baureihe-xx-h0-2
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 01 July 2015 08:04:38(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Such goodie bags come with locos like E 10, E 40, 110, 140, 139.
It will be a loco with a small hole right next to the right buffer (when looking from the front), most likely an electric loco.

Here's a picture:
http://www.eisenbahnjahr...aureihe-110-3-db-1988-h0

Do you have an E 93?
http://www.eisenbahnjahre.de/xxx-baureihe-xx-h0-2

The only thing I have remotely like this, and which I recently had out was my 140 from set 26511 but there are no holes anywhere near the buffers that could take these items, and it does have its own small bag of items (4257/4260) that appear to attach near the roofline on the side of the cab.

It was a good suggestion though thank you and I thought you were on the money until I inspected more closely.

I don't have an E93, only an E94 but it's 70's vintage and I think well-before little items like this were included.

I guess it's even possible I picked them up in error and they belong to someone else. It's a pity M. didn't include a small sheet showing their use or at least a part number printed on the bag.

Too many manufacturers assume too much without anyone unfamiliar with the product taking a look and confirming that the extra items are obvious even to a bleedin' idjit like me.

Perhaps I should email Marklin service and ask them to identify

:-)

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline SNAFU  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2015 09:17:42(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Somewhere, this appeared and it's got me stumped.

Last month I did a display at the club of a selection of my models, and I have a feeling this may have dropped out of one of them.

I'm hoping someone here with a sharp eye has seen this before and knows what it's from.

Be ever so grateful (in my best English accent) Smile

Ta very muchly

Cookee

whatparts.jpg

What models did you use ?
Might have been something other than what Tom suggested.
Some steamers are coming out with goodie bags.
Good luck in finding out where they came from
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 01 July 2015 09:53:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I have remotely like this, and which I recently had out was my 140 from set 26511 [...]
That's the old 140 that came without such small parts.
The E 94 also came without them.

Originally Posted by: SNAFU Go to Quoted Post
Some steamers are coming out with goodie bags.
Yep - but those don't have the cables for push/pull trains and double headings. And most of them have only four air hoses, not eight. Märklin typically include only the parts that can be mounted.

So it is not from a steamer and it is not from a rail car with automatic couplers.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 05 July 2015 21:01:34(UTC)
Webmaster

Steamers usually have straight cylinder protector rods in their goodie bags, so I presume this is electric or diesel.

I'd say E91, I am missing one of those 2 "fishing hooks" that are in the bag on mine...

I now retract my last statement, the E91 "fishing hooks" seem to have 2 "buttons" to attach them to the chassis... Mellow
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline steventrain  
#7 Posted : 05 July 2015 21:58:30(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Is it from the E50 or BR218?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline jvuye  
#8 Posted : 10 July 2015 23:09:08(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
E03 or 103.1 of the later generations (the one with the C-sine motors and after ) , i.e. the ones having a exchangeable skirt in front.?
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 11 July 2015 07:26:56(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
E03 or 103.1 of the later generations
One of those cables can not be seen with either BR 218 or BR E 03 / 103. And since Märklin (normally) do not include parts that cannot be mounted, I'd say most likely neither BR 218 nor BR E 03 / 103.

BR 103 can't be used for push/pull trains and don't have this cable.
BR 218 can be used for push/pull trains, but Märklin models use a different cable.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage