Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 19 June 2015 08:31:53(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Dear all. I am in the process of getting parts together to light up a HO SNCF push pull set, called a RIO. It has very little ground clearance and very small bogiesConfused can anyone give me a cat number for the smalllist available pick up slider please.
I want to use it to power lighting, and maybe a permantly coupled DC loco, with a MFX decoder ect. The permanent power feed will also let me change direction of the head and tail lights on both endsBigGrin

Edited by user 20 June 2015 20:01:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline witzlerh  
#2 Posted : 19 June 2015 21:19:46(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
I would like to know too! The Glass train has a thin profile pickup. I also ordered a Piko pickup as I have heard that they are easy to convert with.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2015 01:56:36(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
What kind of locomotive would go with a RIO consist? Are such locomotives available from Maerklin, Roco or LS Models in 3 rail HO?
If yes, you can possibly provide power to the DC Lima (or similar coaches) using current conducting couplers.
I do not know if you can mount a slider on the Lima coaches. If yes, you might want to opt for the smallest of the old Roco sliders. The new Flusterschleifer requires more clearance.
I also don't know if the pilot coach of the RIO set was equipped with red and white lights or whether it just had white lights when it was at the front (by polarity).
I will check out my old Lima catalogs to see what information I can find.
I know VI Trains did some SNCF, but I think it was only the double deck coaches. I don't think REE or LSM has done the RIO. There may have been a production for a dealer though.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline danmarklinman  
#4 Posted : 20 June 2015 15:54:06(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
What kind of locomotive would go with a RIO consist? Are such locomotives available from Maerklin, Roco or LS Models in 3 rail HO?
If yes, you can possibly provide power to the DC Lima (or similar coaches) using current conducting couplers.
I do not know if you can mount a slider on the Lima coaches. If yes, you might want to opt for the smallest of the old Roco sliders. The new Flusterschleifer requires more clearance.
I also don't know if the pilot coach of the RIO set was equipped with red and white lights or whether it just had white lights when it was at the front (by polarity).
I will check out my old Lima catalogs to see what information I can find.
I know VI Trains did some SNCF, but I think it was only the double deck coaches. I don't think REE or LSM has done the RIO. There may have been a production for a dealer though.

Regards

Mike C

Cheers Mike for that. I'm not sure yet about the RIO set from Lima as it has just been posted from France:-) I will see if it had lights or not. Then it will also have pick ups and I will be half way there.
The locomotives used to pull these ageing sets, which were introduced in 1977 have bee varied, depending on what part of France. My layout is a Morthern French theme and so if I were to follow this to the letter. I would need first to find a BB 16500, which have been made by LSmodels which tend to be very expensive and are mostly sold out of 3 rail. Or convertion of a Vitrains model. Which is DC only. Both these makes might not be any good anyway as they have a minimum radius of 40. I have K track 36? So that moves me onto Piko locos. Two of these are suitable. The BB 25500 electric which was used for only a few years on push pull work until they kept braking down, or Pikos BB 67400 diesel. Both these piko models are a little basic looking to me, so I can't quite bring myself to spend out on them, when I can get a second hand something from MarklinLOL . Roco does not have anything in AC as yet.
Now the only thing left is. Marklin BB 22200. These machines are now being sent to work on TER push pull services in Paris, the south around Nice and in the North of France? The Nice services use RRR sets which are similar to mine, and can be bought but again have a minimum radius and come with DCC fitted and are pricey?
The Northern and Paris service use double deck stock.
So time for a bit of artistic licenceBigGrin
If BB22200 are used these days in the North. I will use one of these? And couple it to my RIO set. Which I think will look ok and run well without causing me great expense.
I have found just recently a picture of a BB15000 pulling an RIO set on a scheduled service. But the locomotive was coupled to the cab end as it was not equipped with the gear to run in push pull mode?
I can at least use the slider on the Marklin loco to provide power?
Many thanks cheers Dan
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline danmarklinman  
#5 Posted : 20 June 2015 16:05:26(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Wiking model car Fan