Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline morsing  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2015 13:24:49(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
I installed RocRail, and can start it up fine. It listens on port 8051, so far so good. Documention on this is really, really poor, so it took me a while to figure out you had to run RocView to connect to it...

Anyway, running rocview.sh I just get this:

./rocview.sh: 32: ./rocview.sh: /opt/rocrail/rocview: not found

I don't have any rocview binaries after the installation of the .deb:

root@albert:/opt/rocrail# locate rocview
/opt/rocrail/rocview.sh
root@albert:/opt/rocrail#

What do I do now?
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline French_Fabrice  
#2 Posted : 25 April 2015 13:42:14(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hi,

The script rocview.sh makes in your home directory a sub directory call rocrail and finalizes the installation.

It seems you are missing some icons in the graphic menu. Does /opt/rocrail/rocview.sh has execute permission set ?

The icon starting rocview should run : "/opt/rocrail/rocview.sh %f"; see at the bottom of the script the run command (must be run from your account, not root).

I'm using a version I've compiled myself on openSUSE 13.1; never used either .deb or .rpm

Last advice: for this kind of very technical issue, post a request on rocrail forum, answers will be more accurate.

Cheers
Fabrice

Offline morsing  
#3 Posted : 25 April 2015 13:58:05(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: French_Fabrice Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

The script rocview.sh makes in your home directory a sub directory call rocrail and finalizes the installation.

It seems you are missing some icons in the graphic menu. Does /opt/rocrail/rocview.sh has execute permission set ?

The icon starting rocview should run : "/opt/rocrail/rocview.sh %f"; see at the bottom of the script the run command (must be run from your account, not root).

I'm using a version I've compiled myself on openSUSE 13.1; never used either .deb or .rpm

Last advice: for this kind of very technical issue, post a request on rocrail forum, answers will be more accurate.

Cheers
Fabrice

Hi,

I tried to register on the RocRail forum, but it requires admin approval, so posted here instead.

What is %f meant to expand to? Icon or not, it just runs rocview.sh, which tries to call rocview which doesn't exist. Even if I run it as my own user, it is not going to make it appear...

-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
Offline French_Fabrice  
#4 Posted : 25 April 2015 14:14:27(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hi,

If the rocview binary is missing, then you will not go further Sad

%f is the 3rd argument passed to the command line, I don't know what it means exactly...

Seems your installation is incomplete; try to reload an older version and reinstall. An alternative is to build from sources...

Good luck
Fabrice
Offline morsing  
#5 Posted : 25 April 2015 14:16:41(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Hi,

rocview isn't even in the .deb:

root@albert:/home/morsing/rocrail# dpkg-deb -c rocrail-server-8736-debian6-i386.deb | grep view
-rwxr-xr-x root/root 608 2015-03-15 10:10 ./opt/rocrail/rocview.sh

When I get a moment I will get the source and comile it. With a bit of luck I can just drop it in to the existing directory.

Thanks for your help
-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
Offline French_Fabrice  
#6 Posted : 25 April 2015 14:22:59(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
You have loaded only the server (i.e. rocrail) !!! All the client part (rocview) is missing !

Try to load the full install with both parts if it is available for your configuration, or build from sources.

See there: http://wiki.rocrail.net/...php?id=develop-corner-en for building

Cheers
Fabrice
Offline morsing  
#7 Posted : 25 April 2015 15:03:51(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Ah cool!!! Thanks for that :-D
-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
Offline morsing  
#8 Posted : 25 April 2015 18:35:18(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   

So, all works now thanks. Can I just ask if there are cheaper alternatives to connecting this to your track than buying a £500 Central Station? I have seen something called Arduinio modules costing about £20, do they do the same thing, or am I completely wrong?

-----
Marklin C-track + CS3+
Offline French_Fabrice  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2015 19:38:47(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
I don't have any expertise with Arduino chips. I know there is a project about building a Command station based on Arduino chips (see Yaasan thread : https://www.marklin-user...station--Railuino.aspx).

Other members may have more accurate answers.
Cheers
Fabrice
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 25 April 2015 21:01:42(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post
Can I just ask if there are cheaper alternatives to connecting this to your track than buying a £500 Central Station?
You only need a booster if you try DDX. A cheap booster could be Märklin 6604 or 66045.
If you do not need a colour touch screen, maybe try an Intellibox or a Tams Easy Control instead of DDX.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline trainbuff  
#11 Posted : 18 June 2015 15:22:14(UTC)
trainbuff

So, all works now thanks. Can I just ask if there are cheaper alternatives to connecting this to your track than buying a £500 Central Station? I have seen something called Arduinio modules costing about £20, do they do the same thing, or am I completely wrong?

Hello Morsing,
If I understand your question, instead of a central station there is also the CAN Digital Bahn Project that works with RocRail. I use it (CCSchnitte) with RocRail and MS2. I think it could be used without an MS2, just the 60113 connector box.
Good luck
Offline bertc3p0  
#12 Posted : 04 September 2015 18:14:23(UTC)
bertc3p0

Germany   
Hi,

If you own a Maerklin 60112/60113 (aka Gleisbox) you only need a CAN interface to control your locos. CAN Interfaces are normally expensive, but with a BeagleBone Black/Green or BananaPi you'll get an CAN interface (you only need to wire a CAN tranceiver).
BTW: with can2lan you can also use M*rklins Software (PC&App). In fact, the software aims to be a CS2 without a screen :-). And, your are not limited to M*rklins Software - Rocrail (and others) are also possible to use.

Regards

Gerd

PS: I will show a cheap and easy to build CAN2USB in the next days.