Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline camcath  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2015 09:58:36(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Hi

I've just received two ACME Berlin-Warsaw Passenger Wagons which I really like. I would like to put in lighting but it is not obvious to me how to separate the roof from the body of the wagon. Grateful for any hints.

Thanks

Cameron
Offline witzlerh  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2015 17:42:11(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
I do not have ACME cars but I have worked with some different manufactures and they are 2 common methods. Either the top pops off or the whole body comes off.

What to look for is a seam from the roof to the walls If there is no seam or it appear painted over, then the body method may work.

See if there are diaphragms that pop off, sometimes they are used to secure the body to the chassis (ICE1 has them)

If there are no obvious mechanisms like screws or slots to push open, then get some tooth picks, turn car upside down on folded towel or appropriate foam cradel and pry the wall away from the chassis and insert the tooth pick, 2-4 per side would work. Once the side latches are pushed away from the body, the chassis should just lift out.

However if you are still unsure, google for ACME wagons or ACME body removal...
You can also try to contact ACME itself.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 16 April 2015 19:47:01(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Most of the ACME models have a single piece body construction shell. The shells must be lifted from the chassis. You will need to spread the shells and pull out the frame. This can be rather complicated, as the shells are pretty thin and there are protrusions that hold the shell in place. What you can do is to insert toothpicks or popsicle sticks at key spots to keep the shell away from the chassis and then slowly spread the body until the frame can be pulled out.

See:
http://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=98807

Regards

Mike C
Offline camcath  
#4 Posted : 17 April 2015 07:54:57(UTC)
camcath

Australia   
Many thanks for your responses, gently does it I think...they very well detailed wagons I must say!