Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Chris6382chris  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2012 23:06:21(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Hello all. I wanted to ask a question of the ESU experts on here. I have a the LokSound V4 Chip installed for my BR 23 and I was using my ECOS 2 and making some changes to the sound settings when I accidently messed up the chuff rate for the engine. Can someone advise me on the proper settings using my ECOS 2. I am assuming I need to make changes to the Sound Slots 1 and 9, but I can't figure out the correct combination. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

Edited by user 04 July 2012 00:51:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Lollo  
#2 Posted : 04 July 2012 13:16:16(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi Chris,

With any luck you will only need to adjust these CV's for your chuff rate. CV 57 & 58 are used for this. CV 57 adj the chuffs at the lowest speed step, & CV 58 is used for the higher speed steps. Download the Loksound Ver 4 manual and refer to chapter 13.4 on page 72

http://www.esu.eu/en/dow...anuals/digital-decoders/

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline Chris6382chris  
#3 Posted : 04 July 2012 15:42:58(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Exactly. I made those changes and it worked very well. Thanks for responding.

Chris
Offline NZMarklinist  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2012 17:52:29(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi Chris,

Interesting as I am intending to upgrade my BR24 with an ESU V4M4 decoder, a similar opp really, altho the '23 is a simple decoder swap on the 21 pins, but I (read Dennis The Train Dr), may put a 21 pin one in my '24 if one will fit in the tender.

Whilst I only have a CS1-R, the nice thing about editing ESU decoders, with an ESU type controller, and the CS1-R is pure ECos in firm and software, I find is that in "edit Lok/advanced/sounds/sound modus 1 (cv57) sound modus 2 (cv58)" you can make these changes on the "sliding scale" basis so quickly and easily. Did you not discover that feature of your ECos as yet Confused (note the original settings before you alter anything) !!!
That said if your V4 is not M4 (MFX) maybe that doesn't apply. (I'm an MFX protagonist where possible). Anybody have a clue on this. Perhaps my friend Dennis may spot this post and way in with the answer.

I find these adjustments are made easier with a "Rollen Profstand" and a small light to illuminate the gear, I use a small, single LED torch. A time adjustable small strobe would be a good tool if somebody made one Wink I use the, count the rotation method, Dennis says he watches the stroke of the piston which can be a bit less mesmerising I will admitt
I am a bit anal, I'll have to confess about chuffing rates my self, but in most cases it is hard to get "just right" On speed step 1 using 128 speed steps, it's easy to see what's going on with two chuffs per rotation/per cylinder. IE four with two cylinders, six with three. I adjust the speed modus 2, or cv58 at about speed step 8-12, but more chuffs is better than less. Nothing looks more unrealistic than with the wheels and gear in a blurr when you can still count the chuff rate.

With four cylinders as with an S3/6 for instance, there is a lot of chuffing going on. A look at a few youtube vids of the subject Lok is a good idea to get a "feel" for it of any type, and there will be one somewhere for any Klass of Lok I have found ThumpUp

However it is my understanding that with all post ESU M decoders and in particular the new M ones using the CS2 programing feature, altering the CV's by the numbers is the only way, wheather by ECos or CS1/2 which I see as less user friendly than the ESU/ESU way.

Just my two bobs (schillings) worth Smile (Copywrite on my knowledge belongs to "The Train Dr") Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 04 July 2012 20:24:40(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
With four cylinders as with an S3/6 for instance, there is a lot of chuffing going on.
Four chuffs per rotation, as with a two cylinder locomotive. Bav. S 3/6 are compound locos, only two cylinders make chuffs you can hear.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline NZMarklinist  
#6 Posted : 05 July 2012 19:55:39(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
With four cylinders as with an S3/6 for instance, there is a lot of chuffing going on.
Four chuffs per rotation, as with a two cylinder locomotive. Bav. S 3/6 are compound locos, only two cylinders make chuffs you can hear.

Agreed Tom, Wink which is why I didn't state four cylinders = 8 chuffs, but there is an "implied extra noise with the S3/6 and they definitely sound busier than a two cylinder.

Here's our M protoype 3673. Best bit 1.40 - 1.45 to demo the chuffs. See the secondary smoke puffs in between audible chuffs as she comes to the camera ThumpUp ; https://www.youtube.com/...Wk&feature=endscreen
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Chris6382chris  
#7 Posted : 06 July 2012 00:38:46(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Great video. Thanks for the link.

Chris
Offline franciscohg  
#8 Posted : 06 July 2012 01:38:56(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
great video! the loksound for my S3/6 has just moved to the top of my wishlist!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL