Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline arcanjo  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2012 17:14:55(UTC)
arcanjo

Portugal   
Hi all!

I have a little problem with my turntable from Marklin (retrofitted with digital module). It is controlled through my CS2, but it has a strange behaviour, when rotating counter-clockwise the speed is greater than rotating clockwise, and I don't know why it does thatConfused . I have tried to programing the speed to no effect, in fact as of now it is programed at full speed. Anyone has any idea?

Another problem, when rotating clockwise the platform, do not get completely aligned with some of the tracks. It derails some of my steamers when passing from the platform to the track. Any suggestions to what to do?

Regards!
Offline Artologic  
#2 Posted : 12 June 2012 17:48:55(UTC)
Artologic

Belgium   
Hello Arcanjo,

Maybe this is a stupid answer, but isn t it possible that the motor just simple runs slower in one direction to the other? I have loco s which have the same "issue". Does i run smooth?

To align it, you should be able to use the release lever to the opposite side of the house on the platform and "push" it gently in the right position, it should be aligned by then.

Hope it s worth anything to you

Kristof
Offline kbvrod  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2012 18:29:36(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all!

>I have a little problem with my turntable from Marklin (retrofitted with digital module). It is controlled through my CS2, but it has a strange behaviour, when rotating counter-clockwise the speed is greater than rotating clockwise, and I don't know why it does thatConfused . I have tried to programing the speed to no effect, in fact as of now it is programed at full speed. Anyone has any idea?<

Is the TT installed on the layout?Was it tested before?

The first one I installed has problems even though it ran fine on the workbench.The problem(s) was how it was installed on the layout.
Some of the extension pieces were actually 'pinching' the gears and the rotation of the bridge.

Dr D
Offline arcanjo  
#4 Posted : 14 June 2012 11:38:05(UTC)
arcanjo

Portugal   
Hi there!

Thanks for the replies! I think i solved the problem (at least partially). I removed all the spoke pieces from the base of the turntable, and then I put them again in a random order, to avoid the pieces being put in the same previous place. For some reason this seemed to fix great part of the "jerkiness" (I don't know if this word is rightBigGrin ). Even the platform still runs at a higher speed on one direction, it runs smoother and with more constant speed.

Thanks again!
Offline Artologic  
#5 Posted : 15 June 2012 18:27:08(UTC)
Artologic

Belgium   
Hey Arcanjo,

Always nice to see you that you fixed the problem! I wouldn t be to worried about the running speed of the turntable, my old one does that too :-)

Kristof
Offline arcanjo  
#6 Posted : 20 June 2012 19:24:26(UTC)
arcanjo

Portugal   
Hi!

Thank you Kristof for the feedback!

Regards!

Miguel